You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Recommendation: Games like Spider-man besides Arkham, preferably with open world

User Info: madrileno23

madrileno23
4 weeks ago#1
I've played Arkham games, and although I enjoyed them, I like Spiderman even more, I appreciate a lot of the fun filler activities on the open world map... especially the base attacks...

Can anyone recommend any other open world third person combat games (preferably super-hero like) similar to this?

Is Infamous like this, or a bit different?
PSN - madrileno23 XBL - thatchefdude
Playing - PS4 - Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5 XB1 - AC Odyssey

User Info: thegreatwumbo

thegreatwumbo
4 weeks ago#2
inFamous 1 and 2 are definetly worth checking out. 2 in particular is really good. Second Son is alright.

The inFamous games are similar in that you can free roam and stop crimes, but they are generally more chaotic than Spider-Man or Arkham and are based on using elemental powers more than melee combat. They are also different in the fact you can choose to be a hero or a villain, each with it's own benefits.
Some people move on, but not us...not us.

User Info: thoul

thoul
4 weeks ago#3
Captain America: Super Soldier for Xbox 360 was a good game with combat very similar to Arkham (with Cap's shield replacing gadgets). It's not open world though, it's more like Arkham Asylum. I only recommend the 360 version, though. Maybe a Playstation version if there was one; the other versions (Wii) were a different game with the same name and generally really bad.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor also has somewhat similar combat and an open world. The combat revolves around sword, bow and dagger more than gadgets or such, but has similar elements like combos and counters. It has a few random activities similar to Spider-Man's crimes, but not many and they're not that great or entertaining when they do pop up.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe
4 weeks ago#4
I love the Infamous games... but don't expect a complex morality system. You're either Infamous or a Hero at the end of the game or else you're cutting yourself off from half your powers.

You might also want to check out the Gravity Rush games.

User Info: Xclaim

Xclaim
4 weeks ago#5
Prototype 1 and 2.
The internet has made it too easy for people to be openly disrespectful without getting punched in the face for it.

User Info: Jutopero

Jutopero
4 weeks ago#6
JackApostrophe posted...
You might also want to check out the Gravity Rush games.

How good are the gravity rush games??? 2 caught my eye some time ago but I kind of forgot about it. It seemed kind of fun from a spectator view.
Nomura you broke my heart, and not in a good way. Waiting for Square Enix to return to what it used to be...
LetsMakeSEGreatAgain
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
4 weeks ago#7
First thing that came to mind is Mad Max. It's not as similar as Arkham, but it's not completely different either.
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Madness2012

Madness2012
3 weeks ago#8
Xclaim posted...
Prototype 1 and 2.

Yes, and Infamous 1 & 2. The Incredible hulk for gamecube or PS2 is amazing also but i know you want recent gen.

User Info: shadyfreak24

shadyfreak24
3 weeks ago#9
Also: sleeping dogs. Real shame that game never got a sequel
who gives a ****

User Info: ma70er

ma70er
3 weeks ago#10
Assassin's Creed 2 and all games up to AC Syndicate use that attack>counter flow for combat. They are also open-world games as well.

You're not a superhero... but with how overpowered you are in relation to the world the games are in, you might as well be.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Recommendation: Games like Spider-man besides Arkham, preferably with open world