3 months ago #4
    Its sounds like you may be button mashing a bit to much, its not a button masher, you want to be deliberate in your combat. Dont just mash circle to dodge a bunch of times, dodge specific attacks then launch your own. If you dodge to early brutes will still track to you and hit you, there punches are on a bit of a delay and come in threes so you have to time it right. Wait for the dodge indicator, same with guns when you are in the air, wait for the lock on to start to turn red then dodge, you can still dodge mid air. Abilities and such will help as you level, and yea it does take some getting used to, definitely stick with it, you will get there, I died a bit in the beginning but can wreck huge mobs now no problem.

Use your webs an gadgets, you dont have to knock everyone out, if you knock someone against a wall or to the ground, shoot a few webs at them and they will be webbed up and out of the fight, this works on brutes as well. Use web bombs to control numbers so you dont have everyone coming at you. Move a lot. If you start to get overwhelmed move away so they run after you and you can take them on in smaller groups. Also, use the environment, swing objects around an throw them, etc. I know that was a lot, hope it helps. THe combat can be so rewarding once you get it down and mix all your abilities well. And don't forget to use your suit power and finishers.

Previous Versions
    3 months ago
    Its sounds like you may be button mashing a bit to much, its not a button masher, you want to be deliberate in your combat. Dont just mash circle to dodge a bunch of times, dodge specific attacks then launch your own. If you dodge to early brutes will still track to you and hit you, there punches are on a bit of a delay and come in threes so you have to time it right. Wait for the dodge indicator, same with guns when you are in the air, wait for the lock on to start to turn red then dodge, you can still dodge mid air. Abilities and such will help as you level, and yea it does take some getting used to, I died a bit in the beginning but can wreck huge mobs now no problem.

Use your webs an gadgets, you dont have to knock everyone out, if you knock someone against a wall or to the ground, shoot a few webs at them and they will be webbed up and out of the fight, this works on brutes as well. Use web bombs to control numbers so you dont have everyone coming at you. Move a lot. If you start to get overwhelmed move away so they run after you and you can take them on in smaller groups. I know that was a lot, hope it helps. THe combat can be so rewarding once you get it down and mix all your abilities well. And don't forget to use your suit power and finishers.
    3 months ago
    Its sounds like you may be button mashing a bit to much, its not a button masher, you want to be deliberate in your combat. Dont just mash circle to dodge a bunch of times, dodge specific attacks then launch your own. If you dodge to early brutes will still track to you and hit you, there punches are on a bit of a delay and come in threes so you have to time it right. Wait for the dodge indicator, same with guns when you are in the air, wait for the lock on to start to turn red then dodge, you can still dodge mid air. Abilities and such will help as you level, and yea it does take some getting used to, I died a bit in the beginning but can wreck huge mobs now no problem.

Use your webs an gadgets, you dont have to knock everyone out, if you knock someone against a wall or to the ground, shoot a few webs at them and they will be webbed up and out of the fight, this works on brutes as well. Use web bombs to control numbers so you dont have everyone coming at you. Move a lot. If you start to get overwhelmed move away so they run after you and you can take them on in smaller groups. Also, use the environment, swing objects around an throw them, etc. I know that was a lot, hope it helps. THe combat can be so rewarding once you get it down and mix all your abilities well. And don't forget to use your suit power and finishers.