3 months ago #1
    I quickly figured out that I couldn't play this game "like Arkham" (standing still and fighting enemies as they come to me) but I keep dying from just the stupidest little things. Like, I realized the usefulness of the 'pop them into the air then air combo them' tactic so I leaned on that pretty heavily - only problem is now I'm getting shot while in the air and losing a lot of health. Also, the dodge seems to have a 50% effectiveness for me, in that sometimes I can just dodge around and can avoid attacks, while other times I end up dodging right into a brute, shield guy, or rocket and again losing health. And when I try to execute a plan of any sort or experiment with different moves I often get straight-up interrupted by someone's attack and end up just spamming dodge and web strike just to not die, only to die sometimes anyway. I just started getting the demon crimes popping up and some of them I had to resort to using Spider-Bro b/c they were so difficult, but I hated having to use such an OP ability just to survive. I want to like this game, and apart from getting my ass kicked so much I do so far: every other aspect of the game pulls me in, but whenever I get into a fight with common enemies it's just... I dunno. Am I missing something like a specific upgrade that will make things more bearable, or do I just need more practice? I know that this game doesn't play like the Arkham series, but with those I could jump right in and start kicking ass no problem, whereas in this one it's one problem after another.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. (playing on Amazing btw)

Previous Versions
    3 months ago
    I quickly figured out that I couldn't play this game "like Arkham" (standing still and fighting enemies as they come to me) but I keep dying from just the stupidest little things. Like, I realized the usefulness of the 'pop them into the air then air combo them' tactic so I leaned on that pretty heavily - only problem is now I'm getting shot while in the air and losing a lot of health. Also, the dodge seems to have a 50% effectiveness for me, in that sometimes I can just dodge around and can avoid attacks, while other times I end up dodging right into a brute, shield guy, or rocket and again losing health. And when I try to execute a plan of any sort I often get straight-up interrupted by someone's attack and end up just spamming dodge and web strike just to not die, only to die sometimes anyway. I just started getting the demon crimes popping up and some of them I had to resort to using Spider-Bro b/c they were so difficult, but I hated having to use such an OP ability just to survive. I want to like this game, and apart from getting my ass kicked so much I do so far: every other aspect of the game pulls me in, but whenever I get into a fight with common enemies it's just... I dunno. Am I missing something like a specific upgrade that will make things more bearable, or do I just need more practice? I know that this game doesn't play like the Arkham series, but with those I could jump right in and start kicking ass no problem, whereas in this one it's one problem after another.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. (playing on Amazing btw)