You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. How long is the city that never sleeps DLC when compared to the main campaign?

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
1 month ago#11
Dr_Kain posted...
So now open world games have a length requirement?

I have no problem with the game's length, in fact, it was kind of a relief after spending 136 hours in RDRII. My issue is just that it caught me off guard with only having played it over a week and finishing it.

Not a length requirement, or any requirement at all really.

I'm just referring to standards, or what's expected today.

This game was far too linear, and had near zero interaction with the open world.

Not saying it's a bad game. Have never said that. Just would have appreciated a bit more.

Between the traversal mechanics, and costumes, it would have been a much better game if there was more to do than just the same button mash mob fights over n over.

I'd like to see another company take a crack at it.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?
WhillB posted...
button mash

Six months after launch, you still believe the game is a button masher?

You don't even understand the very game you're criticising lol.
The Official Robin of the I2 Boards
The Official Ermac of the MK11 Boards

User Info: hulkster23869

hulkster23869
1 month ago#13
The last console I really played games on extensively was the PS2. I have PS3 and PS4, but never really played many games on them, only short bursts of like an hour a month.. I have a health problem ATM and have been grounded to not use my brain too much and have been out of work, so I started playing games again.

As a kid of the 90's, growing up with Spiderman, X-Men, and other comic book heroes, playing this spiderman game was just like heaven for me. All those comics I read growing up suddenly came to life in this game. There are a ton of villains and it was like reading tons of spiderman TPBs for me. Anyway, back in the PS1/PS2 days you would pay the same amount of money if not more for way less content than what is out now. Take inflation into consideration and the amount we're paying for these games is very little ($60). I am very content and happy with the game.

Yes all the little missions to get 100% completion are repetitive at times, but for me it's just an excuse to swing around the gorgeous city and experience spiderman a bit more. I know a lot of time has passed from when I was a kid reading those comics to this game, but it's still awe inspiring for me. Maybe I have been out of the hobby for too long...
3DS Friend Code: 0189-8130-9175

User Info: Dr_Kain

Dr_Kain
1 month ago#14
WhillB posted...
had near zero interaction with the open world.

I had a lot of interaction with the open world. People were high fiving me, calling me names, and praising me all of the time.

I'd like to see another company take a crack at it.

I don't. Insomniac gave us a near perfect game that can only get better with the next installment.

Now I do agree that there needs to be more variety when it comes to the crimes as I felt having 5 Sable Crimes and 5 Prisoner Crimes in each area was extremely repetitious.
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!

User Info: chang3ling

chang3ling
1 month ago#15
Dr_Kain posted...
I felt having 5 Sable Crimes and 5 Prisoner Crimes in each area was extremely repetitious.

And 5 Demon and 5 Thug...

Not every area had every type of Crime, but most did. I think only Central Park was missing some (it's been a while since I played).
~The trance is the motion

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
1 month ago#16
Wicked_T_Wraith posted...
WhillB posted...
button mash

Just because you are "mashing" in a certain order/pattern, doesn't make it any less chaotic.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: Dr_Kain

Dr_Kain
1 month ago#17
chang3ling posted...
Dr_Kain posted...
I felt having 5 Sable Crimes and 5 Prisoner Crimes in each area was extremely repetitious.

And 5 Demon and 5 Thug...

Not every area had every type of Crime, but most did. I think only Central Park was missing some (it's been a while since I played).

Well I specifically stated those two because they were at the exact same time. I didn't have too much of an issue with Demon and Thug since one was at the beginning of the game and one was in the middle.
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!
WhillB posted...
Wicked_T_Wraith posted...
WhillB posted...
button mash

Just because you are "mashing" in a certain order/pattern, doesn't make it any less chaotic.

You're getting bodied if you're just "button mashing" in this game, and I haven't been the only one saying so.
The Official Robin of the I2 Boards
The Official Ermac of the MK11 Boards
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. How long is the city that never sleeps DLC when compared to the main campaign?