You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. How long is the city that never sleeps DLC when compared to the main campaign?

User Info: hulkster23869

hulkster23869
1 month ago#1
How much content is in the 3 part DLC? Is it comparable to the main game? Like if I've spent 50 hours in the main game, then is there enough content to justify another 50 hours in the DLC?

Does the DLC reuse the main city that is used in the main game, or does it open up new areas?

I am easily sinking dozens upon dozens of hours into this game. I don't think I've ever been this immersed in a game before. It's so enjoyable. This is coming from a 32 year old guy who thought he was pretty much done with games years ago...
3DS Friend Code: 0189-8130-9175

User Info: chang3ling

chang3ling
1 month ago#2
My understanding is that each DLC takes ~3-4 hours to 100%.
For reference: I basically 100%'d* NG base game in like 25 hours.

I can't answer the other questions because I didn't buy the DLC.

*Things I did not do:
- Get Gold on all Challenges (Gold on Bomb/Stealth, Silver on Drone/Combat).
- Finish all levels of the traversal or whatever things (the name escapes me, but like "get x 50+ hit combos" etc).
~The trance is the motion

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
1 month ago#3
Very loosely speaking; I would hazard to guess that it is about a 70/30% split between Main Campaign and the three DLC Campaigns.

By the time I got to the DLC, I was accomplishing objectives more quickly and perfecting my existing fighting style (which has, since, changed dramatically).

So, I could be misperceiving due to greater competence.

Going through the Main Quest a second time is much quicker than the first go-round.
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65

User Info: Tom Clark

Tom Clark
1 month ago#4
I may need fact-checking here, but my impression from playing through a month at a time was that there are about the same number of challenges, fewer crimes, far fewer bases and collectables, and no side quests, but the actual storyline when the three episodes are put together probably isn't too much shorter than the main storyline would be if you eschewed the side stuff. There aren't as many missions, but they are a bit longer, and significantly more difficult, so take longer.

I will say, though, that much if it is "artificial" length, where areas are padded by having more waves of enemies per area than feels plausible, so you stay in each part of a story mission more than you would in the main game just wailing on more and more mooks.
http://i.imgur.com/6eF0W.gif

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
1 month ago#5
Each DLC is extremely short.

The first two both surprised me, a lot, when they were suddenly over (don't think I even bothered starting the third actually).

They all should have been part of the main game, as the base game is not up to today's standards (content wise) as an "open world" game.

But, if you really enjoy the game, get them. It may be s***ty, but it's more content. Just don't expect much.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: Dr_Kain

Dr_Kain
1 month ago#6
Well the main game itself was a lot shorter than I anticipated. I started playing it last Monday and beat it last night. Granted, I played it for 10 hours last Monday, but I never touched the game on Friday or Sunday and I only played for a few hours on Thus and Friday. Thus, I expected it to take me another full week before I finished it.

Anyway, I was curious about the DLC lenghts too, but I was also told the Screwball challenges are what makes the game long.
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!

User Info: Wicked_T_Wraith

Wicked_T_Wraith
1 month ago#7
WhillB posted...
the base game is not up to today's standards (content wise) as an "open world" game.

Stop spreading misinformation.
The Official Robin of the I2 Boards
The Official Ermac of the MK11 Boards
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
1 month ago#8
Wicked_T_Wraith posted...
WhillB posted...
the base game is not up to today's standards (content wise) as an "open world" game.

Stop spreading misinformation.

I love the game but...he's kinda right. It doesn't take you long to 100% the game compared to other open-world games and only takes up like 40% of the game content (taking the in-game percentage into account). That said though...I kinda appreciate it. I've been getting into too many open-world games that are so big it takes me forever to finish with what little time I have to game.
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA

User Info: Dr_Kain

Dr_Kain
1 month ago#9
So now open world games have a length requirement?

I have no problem with the game's length, in fact, it was kind of a relief after spending 136 hours in RDRII. My issue is just that it caught me off guard with only having played it over a week and finishing it.
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!
Banjo2553 posted...
I love the game but...he's kinda right

No, he's not.
The Official Robin of the I2 Boards
The Official Ermac of the MK11 Boards
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. How long is the city that never sleeps DLC when compared to the main campaign?