You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. I love this game, but Combat sucks, and other things are questionable.

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
1 month ago#11
The combat is excellent.
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
1 month ago#12
I think the combat is pretty fun, but I definitely think it could use some a bit more polishing just for flashiness. Like you said Batman Arkham's combat feels more varied because he has lots of different animations for the same punch move.
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA

User Info: Carmelo

Carmelo
4 weeks ago#13
this is some of the best combat I've ever played

User Info: Sasukefire

Sasukefire
4 weeks ago#14
xXDa-KidXx posted...
would have preferred something more akin to Spider-Man 2 or

That has even worse combat. End game mob encounters basically force you to use impact webbing all the time because thugs block every single hit.
Crimson Cloud. Evening sky.
Crimson Cloud. Evening sky.

User Info: Jimbeamjunior

Jimbeamjunior
3 weeks ago#15
Sasukefire posted...
xXDa-KidXx posted...
would have preferred something more akin to Spider-Man 2 or

That has even worse combat. End game mob encounters basically force you to use impact webbing all the time because thugs block every single hit.

Or you could do the slide under and attack from the back, or you could jump and pull them into the air, or you could use a gadget or a suit power
Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts
History will be kind to me for i intend to write it
Wicked_T_Wraith posted...
The game's combat isn't Arkham style.

With that said, Spider-Man's combat > Arkham's combat.

Many reason were listed why it was s***, to which you have no counter point. Stating Spider-Man's combat > Arkham's combat without any substance only serves to strengthen the OPs argument. The combat in Spider-Man is inferior for the obvious reasons already listed.
doki-doki-panic posted...
Many reason were listed why it was s***, to which you have no counter point.

The general consensus on the game's combat is that it's the best aspect of the game, next to traversal. What other counter point could I possibly need, especially if I agree with this particular consensus (hence, my post)?

Stating Spider-Man's combat > Arkham's combat without any substance only serves to strengthen the OPs argument.

No the f*** it doesn't.

The combat in Spider-Man is inferior for the obvious reasons already listed.

Lol no.

Arkham's combat is flawed in its own right, despite the games (except for Origins) being mostly competent.
PSN: Wicked_T_Wraith | XBL: Wicked T Wraith
This game's combat is great. It's gets a lot more fun if you don't just use the launch into air combo the whole game.
"All true Fire Emblem fans hate Fire Emblem" - The Fir Coat
"Close your acount" - KinoTFS

User Info: CSCA33

CSCA33
5 days ago#19
For the basic attack combo (square x4,) there are three different sets of animations in the air and another three on the ground. Arkham randomized attacks which could occasionally be detrimental if you rolled the wrong animation, while Spider-Man rotates between the sets.

Once you’ve familiarized yourself with all the moves, the freeflow combat allows you to have your own style for fighting. This is quite noticeable in videos of different players finishing bases with high combos, for example. Players who choose not to put in the effort to take full advantage of this could easily find themselves bored of dispatching enemies with the same basic combo over and over, I imagine. That isn’t a fault of the game.

Another consideration is Batman and Spider-Man simply do not fight the same. The bats is much more of a brawler and grappler. Spidey doesn’t get into jointlocks and fisticuffs like in the Arkham games, if that’s what the OP was expecting.
CSCA33 posted...
For the basic attack combo (square x4,) there are three different sets of animations in the air and another three on the ground. Arkham randomized attacks which could occasionally be detrimental if you rolled the wrong animation, while Spider-Man rotates between the sets.

Yeah, this is one of the main issues I have with Arkham's combat.
PSN: Wicked_T_Wraith | XBL: Wicked T Wraith
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. I love this game, but Combat sucks, and other things are questionable.