You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. God damn this game is awesome!!! SPOILERS

User Info: Dr_Kain

Dr_Kain
1 month ago#21
Well I platinumed Spider-Man today. That last bit was damn good, but I did get a little tired of the crimes going on. There was no need to have both the prisoners and Sable soldiers with 5 each. It could have easily been either 3 of each or just had more Sable bases instead of doing the Sable crimes altogether. Regardless, the game was fantastic though I got through it a lot quicker than I anticipated. I expected to be playing it for at least another week before finishing it. RDR2 it is not. Well, at least I have the DLC to go through.

The story itself was really good and I loved the way they spun their own mythos into the game. I'm also shocked with the ending and am curious to see how things are going to play out now.

I do hope we get Mysterio, Sandman, Green Goblin, and Kraven in the next game. I would love to see Hobgoblin too, but at this point he would be best saved for the third one. Nevertheless, the game was pure joy as web slinging was a lot of fun and I look forward to see what the DLC has to offer. That I'll probably start later on this week.

milkmanv1 posted...
Dr_Kain posted...

Oh, the mission in the station where I got to direct Spidey as MJ was pretty awesome.

Definitely! I was annoyed when it started because I didn't like the tiptoe stealth sequences as MJ or Miles, but being able to tandem with Spiderman to clear out the terminal was one of the highlights of the game for sure, a lot of fun. I even used the cloaking device in the middle of the display just for the hell of it.

I had no issue with the stealth sequences at all. The only part I had a little bit of trouble with was the MJ one in the Sable camp because I thought I was supposed to keep up with the truck by using it as a shield but that turned out to not be the case.
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!

User Info: milkmanv1

milkmanv1
1 month ago#22
They weren't difficult or anything but the game is so fun as Spiderman that the depowered scenes killed the pace and flow for me.
Jesus this, Moses that
Abraham hit me with a wiffle ball bat

Dr_Kain
1 month ago#23
milkmanv1 posted...
They weren't difficult or anything but the game is so fun as Spiderman that the depowered scenes killed the pace and flow for me.

See, I felt they were a nice change of pace, though a bit too easy compared to the likes of Metal Gear and The Last of Us.
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!

Dr_Kain
1 month ago#24
I played through the Black Cat DLC today and I'm actually kind of underwhelmed. I had it 100%ed within about four hours, which is quite disappointing since I expected so much more. I know there are three DLC chapters, but it cost the same amount as the Assassin's Creed Origins DLC and I got a good 25ish hours out of that. Perhaps one of the other two chapters is going to be a lot bigger.

My favorite moment of this DLC though was Mary Jane's reaction to when Peter said he thinks Black Cat's son might be his.

Also, I forgot to mention this last night but this game has what is hands down my favorite iteration of Doc Ock thus far. Never have I ever seen him use his capabilities to their fullest like I have here, even in the comics (though, it could just be because seeing them in action is better than just pictures showing them in action). This game has just made him one of my top favorite Spidey villains and I hope that when they bring him into the MCU series, they do him something similar to this.

User Info: milkmanv1

milkmanv1
1 month ago#25
Yeah, this Doc Ock RULED
Jesus this, Moses that
Abraham hit me with a wiffle ball bat

User Info: Jikkle

Jikkle
1 month ago#26
Just 100% the game and the DLC today and overall I really enjoyed it but I just wouldn't go so far as to call the game amazing. Just a lotta little things that drag down the experience.

They completely nailed the feel of being Spider-Man, the combat was great, and I mostly loved the characterization of the Spider-Man roster of characters.

My gripes were the gripes I have with a lot of open world games in that I love the freedom they offer but I hate a lot of what they want you to do with that freedom.

Chasing down backpacks, pigeons, and landmarks that are labeled on your map isn't fun or challenging and just busy work to pad the game.

The crimes around town and bases were just overused especially when you consider they both basically involve doing the same thing in beating up a lot of bad guys. At least they are spread out through game progress but still could've felt less would've been more.

Research stations were enjoyable at least aside from a couple of repeats.

Challenges were fine but in general I just don't enjoy those types of missions in open world games but that's personal preference so I won't knock the game for them.

Side missions were I thought was the biggest missed opportunity. I would have loved it if they cut out more of the busy work padding and added more compelling side missions. They should've had a lot more side missions like the Tombstone chain. Multi-part self-contained stories that ended in a boss fight would've been great instead of "I was bird watching and I saw some guys that you need to beat up".

The story I enjoyed but it just could've been paced better. Act 2 drags on too long and you mainly fight against the typical fodder enemies and it had no payoff in the end since everything you did is basically erased in less than 5 minutes when you start Act 3. Speaking of Act 3 it makes Act 2 look worse because they just cram so much into it which makes you wonder why some of it couldn't have been in Act 2.

And I hate it when developers put in those "change of pace" stealth missions that kill the pacing of the game and suck. Every time control went to MJ or Miles I'm not joking when I say I shut the game off and took a break. The only one that was decent was the station one with MJ. Stealth works in games like MGS because you have multiple different ways to approach each scenario you're presented with but here it's you basically have one set way you need to do the mission or its game over and back to the checkpoint.

Again overall despite my long list of gripes I seriously did enjoy play it and I'm really hoping next time around they put less padding and more compelling content. I don't care if the game is shorter as long as it keeps me engrossed with its gameplay and narrative.

Dr_Kain
1 month ago#27
Jesus, The Turf was even shorter than The Heist was. The only reason it took me nearly the same amount of time to beat it was due to the Screwball Challenges, specifically one of the stealth ones that took me a good 40 minutes to beat because I just couldn't figure out the patterns. I enjoyed the game, but I'm also disappointed that there hasn't been any new gadgets and abilities to use. Of course, I don't see why anyone would want to use anything but Web Spinner since that is easily the best ability in the game (and the most efficient).

User Info: Jikkle

Jikkle
1 month ago#28
Web bombs were my usual go-to since they refilled quickly and could web up enemies that would normally block your gadget attacks by targetting an enemy next to them with one.

Also a Web bomb with the concussive blast was a good way to instantly take out a bunch of guys at once by blasting them to the wall.

The electric webs were pretty handy in the DLC as it was one of the best ways to deal with the annoying brutes with the chainguns if you didn't have two focus bars to do a finisher on them.

Dr_Kain
1 month ago#29
Jikkle posted...
Also a Web bomb with the concussive blast was a good way to instantly take out a bunch of guys at once by blasting them to the wall.

I just learned about this combo through the Screwball challenge.

Dr_Kain
4 weeks ago#30
I have just completed the final Spider-Man DLC pack. It's kind of sad that I'm fully done with the game now, but it's cool. I am looking forward to seeing what they can do in the sequel, I just hope they cut down on the repetitive crimes and either have more variety or less of them in the next game. I also hope they give us access to more than just Manhattan.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. God damn this game is awesome!!! SPOILERS