• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. It'd be cool to set DLC's in the past

User Info: KaZooo

KaZooo
2 months ago#1
As in, high school or college years.

This game starts with Peter at an advanced age, and we're just revisiting characters in his timeline. They made it work, but it's kinda leaving holes imo.

It'd be cool to experience the first time he encounters the villains pre-Sinister Six. This game can really stretch out without need of a sequel if they just put the effort into better storylines and sequences.
Competing every night, both ends, shoot inside/outside, fast break, transition, Monta Ellis have it all

User Info: IceCreamOnStero

IceCreamOnStero
2 months ago#2
Yeah. I think the DLC was kind of lackluster in terms of villains. It feels less like an expansion on the story, and more a random case that Spiderman had to solveon the side.

Especially since Norman's penthouse and Sequel Bait 2:Electric Boogaloo set up some big time enemies.
"All true Fire Emblem fans hate Fire Emblem" - The Fir Coat
"Close your acount" - KinoTFS

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
2 months ago#3
I would love to have extended gameplay sequences where Miles could not potentially appear!

Hurray for flashbacks!
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65

User Info: verbalizeray

verbalizeray
2 months ago#4
That’s actually pretty good idea. It would also cover some backstory of previous boss fights, like Miles mentioned Spider-Man fought Rhino at the Brooklyn Bridge. Basically how Spider-Man put away the likes of Scorpion, Electro & Vulture in the Raft. Even run ins with Lizard etc.

User Info: LobokVonZuben

LobokVonZuben
2 months ago#5
If they were set in the past would you have access to all the gadgets?

User Info: KaZooo

KaZooo
2 months ago#6
LobokVonZuben posted...

In context some of them didn't exist, like when he just made the electric web in present day.

The drone did exist, though.

But for all practical intents, most players don't need much of the gadgets. Usually they're just needed to string higher combo requirements.
Competing every night, both ends, shoot inside/outside, fast break, transition, Monta Ellis have it all

User Info: verbalizeray

verbalizeray
2 months ago#7
Yeah, the ones we find in backpacks could exist (never really defined how far back) but the likes of web bomb for example shouldn’t exist as he successfully made it during the game run. Still could be prototypes though.

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
2 months ago#8
IceCreamOnStero posted...
Yeah. I think the DLC was kind of lackluster in terms of villains. It feels less like an expansion on the story, and more a random case that Spiderman had to solveon the side.

Especially since Norman's penthouse and Sequel Bait 2:Electric Boogaloo set up some big time enemies.

Just want to give a big thumbs up to the "Electric Boogaloo" reference!
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: LobokVonZuben

LobokVonZuben
2 months ago#9
KaZooo posted...
LobokVonZuben posted...

In context some of them didn't exist, like when he just made the electric web in present day.

The drone did exist, though.

But for all practical intents, most players don't need much of the gadgets. Usually they're just needed to string higher combo requirements.

For boss fights no, but I wouldn't want combat minimized or simplified for a whole bunch of side content. Gadgets are for combos, crowd control, taking down enemy defences, and just plain ol' style, variety, and fun.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. It'd be cool to set DLC's in the past
  • Topic Archived