• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Finished this game and...

User Info: MrDude1

MrDude1
2 months ago#1
I finished it earlier this week. Posted this on ps4 board and only got lukewarm response about the game.

This game absolutely blew me away! Never thought a comic book super hero story could have this much heart. The swinging is so well done it feels natural and immersive for the most part. The game rewards you for thinking your way through fights and using spider man moves, so if you play this game like batman and just fighting stand up, you would get killed.

It's definitely one of the top urban open world games I have ever played! I have played sleeping dogs, the Yakuza games and the old assassin's creed games and those are all good games. This game can hold its own against any of those games.

It's by no means perfect..
Octavius transformation from good to evil isn't quite believable. It's like he was a Nobel prize worthy scientist to save people and just became evil overnight. It could have been handled better.
I don't believe the anti serum can't be used to save aunt may first and then save everyone else. Peter could have given her 90% of the bottle and the remaining 10% can still be used to reproduce more anti serum for everyone else. Her death seems contrived just to make you feel sad.
No damage falling from buildings and swinging top speed into the side of a building.
Not possible to Web peoples legs and yanking their legs out from underneath them as a form of crowd control.
Not possible to attack multiple enemies in front of you at the same time like warriors games. As a super hero, this should be possible for a super hero.
Too many collectables.
Asus MX27AQ | Razer Ornata Chroma | Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 Ghz E7400 | Zoltac GTX 1050 2GB VRAM | 4 GB DDR2 Mushkin RAM | BFGR550WGSPSU

User Info: SSJKaioShin

SSJKaioShin
2 months ago#2
Yeah this really is a great game easily one of the best on the PS4.

- In regards to Doc. Ock’s transformation they said that neural interface was messing with his brain and could cause rage, impulsiveness, warped decision making, memory loss, etc. There’s real life cases of people who’s personality does a complete 180 after a head injury so his turn isn’t that far fetched.

- Agree with Aunt May’s death I never got that. Dr. Michaels should have the “recipe” saved at Oscorp and he made the first vial from scratch so it should have been easy to mass produce without a sample. I think they could have explained/done that better too.

- With the no damage thing Spider-Man is super impact resistant and he’s been doing this for years so he knows how to fall/land to not hurt himself. In real life trained people can fall a few stories without injury so I think Spider-Man could fall a few dozen without being hurt.
Never argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

MrDude1
2 months ago#3
I meant to edit my original post to censor the spoilers and now it's too late.

Mods, can you delete this topic so I can repost with spoilers censored.
Asus MX27AQ | Razer Ornata Chroma | Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 Ghz E7400 | Zoltac GTX 1050 2GB VRAM | 4 GB DDR2 Mushkin RAM | BFGR550WGSPSU

User Info: SSJKaioShin

SSJKaioShin
2 months ago#4
You can close the topic so no one else can post and are probably less likely to see it. Maybe delete it if you have the option. I don’t think Mods read the boards unless you get reported.

I think you’re okay from the title it’s clear that you beat the game and are sharing your thoughts so spoilers should be expected.
Never argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

MrDude1
2 months ago#5
SSJKaioShin posted...
You can close the topic so no one else can post and are probably less likely to see it. Maybe delete it if you have the option. I don’t think Mods read the boards unless you get reported.

I think you’re okay from the title it’s clear that you beat the game and are sharing your thoughts so spoilers should be expected.

I don't have the close option for the topic. However, you can mod my original post to get the mods attention.

User Info: LobokVonZuben

LobokVonZuben
2 months ago#6
There's no basic attack where you swing a fist or leg to hit multiple enemies but there are several moves and gadgets that hit multiple enemies.

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
2 months ago#7
I have to concur with @SSJKaioShin

Also, it is implied that Doc Ock had begun his plans at the exact moment that Norman Osbourne fired him.
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65

User Info: cow1578

cow1578
2 months ago#8
Yeah I loved this game, totally worth the $40.

The swinging was almost perfect. The fighting was fun and challenging--to be successful you have to bounce around a lot, just like Spiderman.

Really a well executed game.
If I wasn't laughing I'd be crying.

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
2 months ago#9
TheAntiZealot posted...

Also, it is implied that Doc Ock had begun his plans at the exact moment that Norman Osbourne fired him.

This. When he tells Osborne something like "you haven't changed a bit", he even speaks in the deeper, more gravelly voice than he later adopts (as you may have noticed, during the Scorpion poison hallucination section, the imaginary Octavius alternates between his softer "Otto" voice when being nice and the deeper "Ock" voice when being evil) to hint at it. He comes across as someone who probably fantasized about revenge for decades, but never quite committed to it until that moment.
Meow!

User Info: Xclaim

Xclaim
2 months ago#10
True, there are clues around the lab that show Ock was making some shady deals to keep his lab running and planning the breakout at the Raft long before he and Peter got those arms working.
The internet has made it too easy for people to be openly disrespectful without getting punched in the face for it.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Finished this game and...
  • Topic Archived