You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Question about DLC

User Info: sajtosbob

sajtosbob
3 months ago#1
Quick question. Are there any collectibles in the DLC? I know about the 8-8-8 JJJ archives and don't-know-how-many newspapers. Is there anything else? Secret stuff like the secret photos in the base game?

Bonus question: if I complete the DLC on ultimate, will I get anything in return?

Thanks!

User Info: hanautaBOB

hanautaBOB
3 months ago#2
The only collectibles I recall are ones that are part of side missions... but nothing really hidden like the Secret Photos.

As for clearing the DLC on Ultimate... I guess you get Bragging rights and maybe the feeling of accomplishment after overcoming a hard challenge, if you get that.

Otherwise there are neither Rewards for Harder Settings nor Penalties for easier settings.

sajtosbob
3 months ago#3
hanautaBOB posted...
The only collectibles I recall are ones that are part of side missions... but nothing really hidden like the Secret Photos.

As for clearing the DLC on Ultimate... I guess you get Bragging rights and maybe the feeling of accomplishment after overcoming a hard challenge, if you get that.

Otherwise there are neither Rewards for Harder Settings nor Penalties for easier settings.

Thanks for the answer! I guess there's no point in doing screwball's challenges on ultimate then.

User Info: ma70er

ma70er
3 months ago#4
You get Rage tokens from the DLC every time you play a Screwball Challenge and have to listen to her talk.

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
3 months ago#5
I know that I'm just nitpicking here. So I don't experience a serious response. But here goes:

Video games are entertainment. Unless you are a paid tester or professional who gets paid, you aren't "getting anything" for playing.

There are no tangible rewards. Like dancing or listening to music, the reward is in the doing.

It confuses me when people treat achievements like some kind of gift.
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65

sajtosbob
3 months ago#6
I was expecting a secret suit or something like that. A praise from JJJ himself.

TheAntiZealot
1 month ago#7
sajtosbob posted...
I was expecting a secret suit or something like that. A praise from JJJ himself.

The only praise you get from JJJ is after the Main Story is complete.

In the DLC, he actually gets worse. No mercy for Spider-Man.
TAZ

User Info: XSilverPhoenixX

XSilverPhoenixX
1 month ago#8
Speaking of the hidden photo ops, the reward was junk. Thankfully there wasn't a trophy tied to it.

Originally I was going to buy the DLC but I was more interested in the costumes than the lame minute story additions and worse challenges. It's a shame because while the game has its flaws it is beautiful.

TheAntiZealot
1 month ago#9
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
Speaking of the hidden photo ops, the reward was junk. Thankfully there wasn't a trophy tied to it.

Originally I was going to buy the DLC but I was more interested in the costumes than the lame minute story additions and worse challenges. It's a shame because while the game has its flaws it is beautiful.

The reward was a flop but the challenge, itself, was amazing. My favorite task is to run it without the Suit Mod. Frankly, I play without a mini-map as it is. Secret Photos are one of the more enjoyable parts of the game, for me. I like snapping photos as Spider-Man. They did a fantastic job of making it easy and fluid with the slow-motion, passive lense, and intuitive controls.

To me, the best part of the DLC is the increased difficulty.

Beyond that, on repeat playthroughs I am beginning to find a modicum of appreciation for the cinematic qualities. And Miles is considerably less annoying after watching Into the Spider-verse, despite the fact that he is still unlikeable.

I agree that the game is beautiful. It's the only game that I've enjoyed as much as The Legend of Zelda within the past half a decade.
TAZ
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Question about DLC