You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. I have such a hard time defeating the flying sable agents

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
2 months ago#11
I just fought a plentitude of flying Hammerhead goons using Sable equipment. Which are considerably more challenging than the basic Sable soldiers. Furthermore, I was very low level and had no tokens to spend (skipped the story and went straight to Silver Lining on Ultimate difficulty.)

These guys have a strong tendency to counter attack before the end of Spider-Man's Air Combo. And they basically could kill me in two hits. Especially if they found the opportunity to fly at me for a ground pound, it was an almost guaranteed death. So it became important to prioritize them.

Another challenge was that the Web Shooters without upgrades are very close to useless against the Sable gear they used.

My strategy was this:

Webstrike, hit twice, Leap Off, repeat.

Swing Kick deals much more damage than basic attacks so once I got Swing Kick my string became:

Webstrike, hit twice, Leap Off, Swing Kick, repeat.
Or, Webstrike, Leap Off, Swing Kick, repeat.

Swing Kick also has the advantage of separating them from their teammates.

Leap Off cancels their retaliation/counter and it sends them down & away from the direction of your joystick.

With Leap Off, you can send them toward a floor or a wall for an Impact Web or for a ground assault. You can even do a Dodge Under and back attack if you are lucky!
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. I have such a hard time defeating the flying sable agents