• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Miles role in the sequel (Spoilers)

User Info: KaijuKing97

KaijuKing97
4 months ago#1
How will Miles become the main Player Character in the sequel? - Results (77 votes)
Peter gets possessed by a Symbiote
41.56% (32 votes)
Peter gets hurt saving him.
12.99% (10 votes)
Peter gets killed
22.08% (17 votes)
Peter gets recruited by The Avengers
15.58% (12 votes)
Peter gets trapped elsewhere in the Spiderverse
7.79% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm 90% sure Miles will be the main character in the next game. He's still learning the ropes when it comes to superheroics, which would allow the developers to use a similar skill system without resetting Peter to zero. So how will Peter get pushed out of the way?

Option 1: After a few missions as Peter Parker, he gets infected by the Venom Symbiote and starts turning evil. This causes Miles to come into his own and draws a parallel between Peter and Octavious. This seem the most likely to me.

Option 2: An inexperienced Miles rushes into a fight he isn't prepared for and Peter saves him. In the commotion, Peter gets hurt badly. That way, Miles has both a personal motivation to stop crime and an Uncle Ben parallel. Peter could also be used like King Mickey in Kingdom Hearts 2, saving Miles if he dies during a boss fight.

Option 3: Pretty much the same as 2, but the Uncle Ben parallel is stronger.

Options 4 and 5: Peter gets called in for a big mission and entrusts NYC to MIles as a final test. The least likely options, IMO.
If all else fails, there's always the sun.

User Info: CSCA33

CSCA33
4 months ago#2
None of the above.

Miles will obviously be playable in some capacity with his new found powers, however Peter will absolutely remain the main protagonist. They won’t do something so stupid as having Miles become the main playable character for the sequel, when they’re just now bringing GG and Venom into the fold. Those iconic villains belong firmly in Peter’s territory.

Edit: No offense to you, btw. Peter’s story has just begun and Insomniac isn’t anywhere near done with him. Intihar talked about wanting to do Superior as well, which is why that suit didn’t make it into the first game.

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
4 months ago#3
I don't like this poll topic.

I love Peter. I'm not voting because there's no vote for Peter being the main character.

Not even sure that I would buy a non-Peter Spider-Man game.
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65

User Info: KaijuKing97

KaijuKing97
4 months ago#4
CSCA33 posted...
None of the above.

Miles will obviously be playable in some capacity with his new found powers, however Peter will absolutely remain the main protagonist. They won’t do something so stupid as having Miles become the main playable character for the sequel, when they’re just now bringing GG and Venom into the fold. Those iconic villains belong firmly in Peter’s territory.

Edit: No offense to you, btw. Peter’s story has just begun and Insomniac isn’t anywhere near done with him. Intihar talked about wanting to do Superior as well, which is why that suit didn’t make it into the first game.

None taken. That does make sense, this was just a thought I had earlier. I guess I was thinking about how hard Marvel's been pushing Miles mixed with Spider-Verse's success.
If all else fails, there's always the sun.

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
4 months ago#5
KaijuKing97 posted...
I'm 90% sure Miles will be the main character in the next game. He's still learning the ropes when it comes to superheroics, which would allow the developers to use a similar skill system without resetting Peter to zero. So how will Peter get pushed out of the way?

Option 1: After a few missions as Peter Parker, he gets infected by the Venom Symbiote and starts turning evil. This causes Miles to come into his own and draws a parallel between Peter and Octavious. This seem the most likely to me.

Option 2: An inexperienced Miles rushes into a fight he isn't prepared for and Peter saves him. In the commotion, Peter gets hurt badly. That way, Miles has both a personal motivation to stop crime and an Uncle Ben parallel. Peter could also be used like King Mickey in Kingdom Hearts 2, saving Miles if he dies during a boss fight.

Options 4 and 5: Peter gets called in for a big mission and entrusts NYC to MIles as a final test. The least likely options, IMO.

There's no way Miles will be the main character.

A. No one knows who he is. This game only just barely introduces him.

B. MCU is strong. It would be really stupid to try and change Spider-Man right now. Marvel probably wouldn't even allow it to begin with.

C. He is not, and never will be, Spider-Man.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: Wicked_T_Wraith

Wicked_T_Wraith
4 months ago#6
Miles already has his Uncle Ben parallel considering Li is the reason his father is now dead.

Considering none of your options really fit, I think it's safe to say Miles will be the second playable Spider-Man in the sequel with one or two years of crime fighting alongside Peter. There's not much of a reason to kill off Peter so soon when his story is just being introduced to the players, and it would be a slap in the face to what Insomniac has set up in this world if they start off the sequel by killing off Peter.

Plus, multiple playable Spider-Men definitely seems like a selling point for a sequel.
The Official Robin of the I2 Boards
The Official Ermac of the MK11 Boards

User Info: Xclaim

Xclaim
4 months ago#7
WhillB posted...
KaijuKing97 posted...

There's no way Miles will be the main character.

A. No one knows who he is. This game only just barely introduces him.

B. MCU is strong. It would be really stupid to try and change Spider-Man right now. Marvel probably wouldn't even allow it to begin with.

C. He is not, and never will be, Spider-Man.

A. Between Spider-verse and this game, everyone now knows who Miles Morales is.

B. What the hell does the MCU have to do with this game's story? While I believe Peter will remain the main protagonist in this series, this is Sony's game and I doubt Marvel Studios has any say in what they do with the characters.

C. Nobody will ever top Peter, but Miles is as much Spider-Man as Miguel O'Hara and Ben Reilly before him.
The internet has made it too easy for people to be openly disrespectful without getting punched in the face for it.

User Info: LordAndrew

LordAndrew
4 months ago#8
I would expect both Spider-Men to be playable. That's obviously a marketable feature. They could even go full Spider-Verse in a third one.
I like video games. They're pretty good.

User Info: IloveJesus

IloveJesus
4 months ago#9
TheAntiZealot posted...
I don't like this poll topic.

I love Peter. I'm not voting because there's no vote for Peter being the main character.

Not even sure that I would buy a non-Peter Spider-Man game.
Jesus loves us. It only seems fair to love him back.

User Info: SSJKaioShin

SSJKaioShin
4 months ago#10
Yeah no way Miles is the sole protagonist of a game until maybe the 4th game and maybe not even then. Insomniac and Sony have to see this game as the start of a franchise and you don't kill off your franchise star after the first game. It'd be like having Dick be Batman in Arkham City.

Miles will probably have a couple missions when Peter is too busy/banged up, maybe be able to switch between them for free roam post game, and maybe he'll have a DLC episode centered around him. Honestly I can see Miles being the one that gets knocked out of commission early by being over eager and biting off more than he can chew and him setting up a conflict between him and Peter where Peter is trying to get him to slow down and maybe even stop altogether.
Never argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Miles role in the sequel (Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived