• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. What exactly is missable?

User Info: sajtosbob

sajtosbob
3 months ago#1
Howdy!

I just started playing the game and so far it's fun and fun, love it. Haven't had so much fun since the Spider-man 2 game. As a completionist, I'd like to collect everything and as far as I know there are some missables in the game. Can anyone tell me what exactly is missable?

Thank you!

User Info: Redmacabre

Redmacabre
3 months ago#2
Nothing is missable, but you can make life a little easier if you are a trophy hunter by being careful with crafting mods/gadgets using challenge tokens.

Challenges are optional side questy things that give rewards (challenge tokens) depending on your final score. You only need to score silver in each one to get the trophy for them, but the gadget crafting trophy can be a little difficult to get if you spend all the tokens on suit mods instead.

This becomes moot if you have the DLC, as they have more challenges (and tokens) and even just getting silver (trophy) on them leaves you swimming in more tokens than you'll ever use.

Of course you can just go for the gold score on every challenge, though some people find them harder than others.
You can miss a JJJ podcast in the second DLC because it involves failing the witness transport random crime that doesn't repeat once you've completed all the random crimes. It doesn't affect completion, though.
Cover your knees up if you're gonna be walkin' around everywhere.

sajtosbob
3 months ago#4
thekosmicfool part 2 posted...
You can miss a JJJ podcast in the second DLC because it involves failing the witness transport random crime that doesn't repeat once you've completed all the random crimes. It doesn't affect completion, though.

That's what I'm after. Are there any other missables like this? Articles, audio logs, newspapers in the main game or DLC?

Thank you both for the quick answer!
I believe audio logs can definitely be missed. The recorders scattered throughout Octavius' lab give you different logs depending on where you are in the story so if you aren't routinely scouring the lab for new recordings, you could miss some.

I don't think newspapers can be missed. Every time you check a paper box it will give you the oldest issue you haven't yet received, until you're caught up.

User Info: CSCA33

CSCA33
3 months ago#6
Yes some audio logs are missable, as well as several podcasts from JJJ. Without getting into spoilers there is also a multitude of missable dialogue, like during several missions where you play as MJ if you don’t examine some objects. Another missable dialogue is one of the research stations gives different phone calls with MJ, depending on where you are in the story when you complete it. Not sure what else off the top of my head

sajtosbob
3 months ago#7
Alright...I guess to avoid spoilers I'll have complete the game first, then worry about missables in NG+. Thank you guys!
CSCA33 posted...
Another missable dialogue is one of the research stations gives different phone calls with MJ, depending on where you are in the story when you complete it.

Hmm, interesting!

User Info: CSCA33

CSCA33
3 months ago#9
thekosmicfool part 2 posted...
CSCA33 posted...
Another missable dialogue is one of the research stations gives different phone calls with MJ, depending on where you are in the story when you complete it.

Hmm, interesting!

Spoilers...

It relates to Pete and MJ talking about Harry, and the dialogue is different depending on if you’ve discovered what happened with him or not yet

sajtosbob
2 months ago#10
Alright, back with a 100% completed save file. This game is a blast, couldn't put down the controller for days!

So what from what I've seen, newspapers aren't missable, I could collect them all from red boxes. At least I think I've got them all. I've got 28. JJJ Articles... I only have 82 out of 84 and I've completed every crime so I can't get the 'fail this and that' rewards. Damn...

In the DLC there are 8 in every DLC, right?
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. What exactly is missable?
  • Topic Archived