You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Silver DLC bad writing(spoilers)

User Info: Pig143

Pig143
1 month ago#41
Wicked_T_Wraith posted...
Pig143 posted...
That's your opinion, mine is that some stories become average or worse because they try too hard to make an impact

I mean, I agree with this. I never said it has to be done forcefully. Any good story doesn't have to shove in elements to force an impact on its audience.

Pig143 posted...
impact can be a good thing but it isn't always necessary

When writing a fictional story, impact isn't something you "prioritize". Stories are usually written with some sort of goal or purpose in mind. If the story fails to or cannot meet said goal, it cannot hope to have any considerable impact (overall), especially if there are basic faults within the writing.

Pig143 posted...
Really because aside from her death the ending seems highly forgettable
Without watching a video or replaying the end to refresh your memory can you honestly say you remember even half of what Octavis said?
i could be wrong but i don't think you can

Considering I've only played through the story twice...yeah, I honestly can.

While it's not the best boss fight in the game, the Octavius fight and its aftermath is what I personally considered a highlight of the game.

i think many played it twice because the New Game+ and Ultimate difficulty setting trophies, i doubt most remember even half of what Oc said
Hackers win at games but they still lose at life, i used to hate them but then i realized they have to cheat so now i just feel sorry for them.
Pig143 posted...
i think many played it twice because the New Game+ and Ultimate difficulty setting trophies, i doubt most remember even half of what Oc said

Based on what data?
The Official Robin of the I2 Boards
The Official Ermac of the MK11 Boards

Pig143
1 month ago#43
Pig143 posted...

Based on what data?

because it's that forgettable

What did you find appealing about it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceSjbwi0S5E
To me my reaction was pretty much "i don't think i'm going to hamster style anymore" into "that's nice..."
Hackers win at games but they still lose at life, i used to hate them but then i realized they have to cheat so now i just feel sorry for them.
Pig143 posted...

The fact that Spidey was facing off against one of the most notable villains in his rogues gallery was enough to make it appealing.

The fact that Octavius knew his identity the whole time and only revealed this info to Peter during their battle (and after Octavius attempted to kill him during their previous encounter) made the subsequent events feel more personal than expected.
The Official Robin of the I2 Boards
The Official Ermac of the MK11 Boards

Pig143
2 weeks ago#45
Pig143 posted...

The fact that Spidey was facing off against one of the most notable villains in his rogues gallery was enough to make it appealing.

The fact that Octavius knew his identity the whole time and only revealed this info to Peter during their battle (and after Octavius attempted to kill him during their previous encounter) made the subsequent events feel more personal than expected.

i don't think Doc is on the level of Venom or Carnage but i guess he's more of a threat than some

in my opinion the player was meant to know that Octavius knew from the moment he saw Peter repairing the suit but playing dumb
That was the impression i got anyway but i could be wrong. So when the "reveal" happened towards the end it didn't have any impact on me
When he said "i guess if you design his equipment you're bound to be a target too" in my head i was thinking really Pete, there's no way he doesn't know

i have to say though, despite the fact we disagree on a lot in terms of Spider-Man PS4 i do have respect for the amount you love this game
it's great to be passionate about things
(edited 2 weeks ago)
DevonStorm20xx posted...
Pig143 posted...
They also don't have the stones to kill MJ, they'd rather be safe and kill an old lady

You think May's death was "playing it safe"?

Yeah, even the comics backed out of that one.

These nothing complaints are getting tiresome to say the least.

They really shouldn't have. Trading away your marriage and the love of your life to save your old aunt? Really?

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
2 weeks ago#47
demonfire922010 posted...
They really shouldn't have. Trading away your marriage and the love of your life to save your old aunt? Really?

Isn't that exactly the back story for "Peter B. Parker" in Spiderverse?
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65
Pig143 posted...
i don't think Doc is on the level of Venom or Carnage but i guess he's more of a threat than some

Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin, and Doc Ock are easily the most notable characters in Spidey's rogues gallery.

Pig143 posted...
in my opinion the player was meant to know that Octavius knew from the moment he saw Peter repairing the suit but playing dumb
That was the impression i got anyway but i could be wrong. So when the "reveal" happened towards the end it didn't have any impact on me
When he said "i guess if you design his equipment you're bound to be a target too" in my head i was thinking really Pete, there's no way he doesn't know

To be fair, while the player was obviously meant to know and understand what was going on in this scene, Peter (of course) never expected to confront his own employer and friend in a physical fight for any reason.

Pig143 posted...
i have to say though, despite the fact we disagree on a lot in terms of Spider-Man PS4 i do have respect for the amount you love this game

I might not agree with all of your points, nor do I understand all of your criticisms from a similar point of view as yours, but at least you aren't just bashing the game just for the sake of bashing it. And yeah, if you couldn't tell, I really do enjoy this game a lot lol. One of my personal favorite games in recent years.
PSN: Wicked_T_Wraith | XBL: Wicked T Wraith

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
1 week ago#49
Pig143 posted...
i don't think Doc is on the level of Venom or Carnage

lol wut
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

Pig143
2 days ago#50
Pig143 posted...

I might not agree with all of your points, nor do I understand all of your criticisms from a similar point of view as yours, but at least you aren't just bashing the game just for the sake of bashing it. And yeah, if you couldn't tell, I really do enjoy this game a lot lol. One of my personal favorite games in recent years.

Oh i like the game, the gameplay is really fun in my opinion

it's the writing that i feel is lacking and bad at times, especially in the DLC
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Silver DLC bad writing(spoilers)