3 months ago #30
    Wicked_T_Wraith posted...
    A story that leaves "no real impact" is a bad story.

Average at best =/= bad.

Calling others "simple-minded" for being "swayed by the ending" is rather unnecessary criticism.

Miles's father dies at the end of Act 1.

She was not a safe choice considering if they handled her death terribly, it would have damaged the ending upon closing out the story.

Does not change the fact that it wasn't a great thread for you to make your point due to the overall lack of that kind of feedback present in the topic. Unless you're making the more general argument that anyone who thought that the ending was good are the "simple-minded who were swayed", in which case...no.

Not true, stories can leave no impact without being bad. Even good stories only usually leave an impact but don't always

Most opinions in terms of criticism could and/or are considered unnecessary

Miles father isn't an established character, basically one step above nameless random.
    The people who are familiar with him already experienced his death, much like the parents of Bruce Wayne

it's kind of hard to mess up killing a character off, it takes a special kind of incompetence

it actually was, it showcased how wishy washy people can be and how some are easily manipulated by the death of a character
    Hackers win at games but they still lose at life, i used to hate them but then i realized they have to cheat so now i just feel sorry for them.