• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. I'm not sure I even want a sequel. Possible Spoilers.

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
1 month ago#1
After the attitude from Insomniac's tweet regarding costume DLC and the copy/paste trash we've been getting with the Episodic DLC, I'm kinda not looking forward to a sequel.

I mean I'm just expecting more of the same anyway with little to no new gameplay innovations and the only thing being decent about it would be the story.

I actually think Activision did a better job with the franchise and sure Beenox kinda sucked but they did some things better gameplay wise.
Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!

User Info: DetectiveZ

DetectiveZ
1 month ago#2
Second game is probably going to be good. The DLC wouldn't.

You're probably going to get the same game but with a black suit and tentacle powers.

Let's be honest too.
The fanbase are crybabies, all just for one suit.

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
1 month ago#3
DetectiveZ posted...
Second game is probably going to be good. The DLC wouldn't.

You're probably going to get the same game but with a black suit and tentacle powers.

Let's be honest too.
The fanbase are crybabies, all just for one suit.

It'd be cool if that was true as it would give us new gameplay.

I'm not particularly bothered about the Raimi suit and maybe Insomniac would have to pay to get it, but saying it's too much like the original and then giving us the Spiderverse outfit was a lame excuse.
Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!

User Info: FGAssassinMit

FGAssassinMit
1 month ago#4
I mean did you enjoy the main game? If so, I see no reason to not be excited for a sequel... I've enjoyed the DLC.

I haven't regretted giving Insomniac my money. They knocked it out of the park with this game and gave us the best Spider-Man experience to date. I really can't wait to see what they can do in the sequel now that the base work is done. But that's just my 2 cents.
PSN-griffyrules915

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
1 month ago#5
WingZero0782 posted...
After the attitude from Insomniac's tweet regarding costume DLC and the copy/paste trash we've been getting with the Episodic DLC, I'm kinda not looking forward to a sequel.

I mean I'm just expecting more of the same anyway with little to no new gameplay innovations and the only thing being decent about it would be the story.

I actually think Activision did a better job with the franchise and sure Beenox kinda sucked but they did some things better gameplay wise.

If they plan on releasing it a year from now, yes, I would agree.

If it's a few years, with a good bit more development time, it could be great.

This game was much too basic for today's standards, but could be great with more time.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: MajinNekuro

MajinNekuro
1 month ago#6
Did you ever consider maybe the Spiderverse costume being in the game was either Sony (most likely) or Marvel’s decision to promote their new movie? Insomniac is working with a license so not everything they put in this game is up to them.

Don’t know why anyone would base their feelings towards a sequel off the DLC. I haven’t touched it yet as I’m waiting for Silver Lining to launch before starting them, but DLC is pretty much never as good as the main game.

User Info: Admiral_Aegis

Admiral_Aegis
1 month ago#7
I would presume like others that the base game of the sequel will probably be great, but in terms of post-game support. Don't expect anything fantastic.

User Info: GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet
1 month ago#8
It's hilarious how the lack of a simple skin has turned public opinion of a game so fast. Here I thought all the whining about the puddles was bad.

MajinNekuro posted...
Did you ever consider maybe the Spiderverse costume being in the game was either Sony (most likely) or Marvel’s decision to promote their new movie? Insomniac is working with a license so not everything they put in this game is up to them.

Exactly. Post-Disney Marvel will absolutely shill their newest toys any chance they get. Of course they're going to promote their newest movies instead of a movie that's not relevant to them anymore. It sucks, but it is what it is.
ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD !!!!

User Info: Wicked_T_Wraith

Wicked_T_Wraith
1 month ago#9
WingZero0782 posted...
Activision did a better job with the franchise

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EcstaticCompassionateBasenji-size_restricted.gif
The Official Robin of the I2 Boards
The Official Ermac of the MK11 Boards

User Info: KaZooo

KaZooo
1 month ago#10
Basically the Tweet wasn't a professional move. They were taking heat, but a lot of franchises/developers do, and some just let the content do the talking.

Insomniac hasn't exactly justified being able to spit back with how the DLC's played.
Competing every night, both ends, shoot inside/outside, fast break, transition, Monta Ellis have it all
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. I'm not sure I even want a sequel. Possible Spoilers.
  • Topic Archived