You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. What's the point of Miles?

User Info: ultimate reaver

ultimate reaver
5 months ago#41
CRK44 posted...
Lmao all these casual Spidey fans getting outraged years after the fact about Miles Morales.

You f***ers need to move on to a more topical source of fake outrage lol.

The death of Parker in the Ultimate universe was brought on by as much as financial reason as it was social. Ultimate Spidey wasn't doing well. Comic books in general weren't doing well. At least it got you buttmad closet racists to talk about it. The mainline universe is still in tact anyway which is what most fans were partial to anyway

nine times out of ten people who get pissy about miles are just hanger-ons to the current outrage culture surrounding minorities in comics and games and stuff who barely read comics. theres not much to be gained talking to them tbh
butts

User Info: Zrodegreez

Zrodegreez
5 months ago#42
f*** miles, he’s a pointless nowaday character people want to believe ads diversity and helps the plot! Spider-man/ Peter Parker has been around long before he needs no help

User Info: dracoguardian30

dracoguardian30
5 months ago#43
Miles is the worst of the Spider-men at this point. Peter, Miguel, Kain, Ben, and Otto are all better characters. Miles needs to be red shirted.

User Info: benjatron1701

benjatron1701
5 months ago#44
Miles didn’t exactly take over for Peter. Miles became Spider-Man in the Ultimate universe originally. Yes, Ultimate Peter died but Ultimate Peter was still in High School and after 11 years it was time for a change. Besides, Original or 616 Peter Parker was and still is Spider-Man in The Amazing Spider-Man. So Ultimate Peter dying and Miles taking over wasn’t really an issue.
Nowadays Miles and Peter are in the same universe but it’s hurt Miles more than Peter really.

User Info: dracoguardian30

dracoguardian30
5 months ago#45
benjatron1701 posted...
Miles didn’t exactly take over for Peter. Miles became Spider-Man in the Ultimate universe originally. Yes, Ultimate Peter died but Ultimate Peter was still in High School and after 11 years it was time for a change. Besides, Original or 616 Peter Parker was and still is Spider-Man in The Amazing Spider-Man. So Ultimate Peter dying and Miles taking over wasn’t really an issue.
Nowadays Miles and Peter are in the same universe but it’s hurt Miles more than Peter really.

Not only that they are both in New York sharing the same rogues gallery. Every other Spider is off somewhere else doing their own thing only Miles is being made to ride so hard on Peter's coat tails that he is just a redundant character that does not need to exist. He is just the other Spider-Man

User Info: Xclaim

Xclaim
5 months ago#46
DaIamar posted...
MasterFoxCheif3 posted...
DaIamar posted...
I liked Miles in this game, he was pretty cool. But giving him exat powers as Peter is pretty lazy and makes me worried about sequel

He doesn't have the same powers if you read the com-

Oh wait nobody reads comics.

Nvm.

I wasn't talking about comics, I was talking about one specific game and it's potential sequel. What comics got to do with this?

Miles won't have the exact same powers as Peter in these games either, an easter egg in MJ's final mission hinted at this.
Odin: "Have a care, I am the All-Father."
Phil Coulson: "You have a care, we are SHIELD. And we just saved your ass."

User Info: art_of_the_kill

art_of_the_kill
5 months ago#47
Anderjak posted...
miles has been around for well over a decade and people are acting like he's new

He was created in 2011. That's not "well over a decade."
Assassin's Creed (yes, the first one) is one of my favorite games from Gen 7.

User Info: Jarvissan

Jarvissan
5 months ago#48
dracoguardian30 posted...
Miles is the worst of the Spider-men at this point. Peter, Miguel, Kain, Ben, and Otto are all better characters. Miles needs to be red shirted.

No. No he’s not. He’s better then Kain imo.
Xbox GT: Juice Based God
PSN: JuiceBasedGod

User Info: OlendraDivine

OlendraDivine
5 months ago#49
2SweetforTurtle posted...
I am a puerto rican, with a black puerto rican father, and a white puerto rican mother. I legitimately despise everything that Miles has come to represent in the comic book world. I’ve never understood identity politics. Why is it that according to these SJWs I’m not allowed to connect with Peter because he’s not a POC? The fact that people act like I cannot relate to white heroes just because they don’t look like me is downright insulting and truly goes against the very purpose of superheroes.

Don’t get me wrong, I love having diverse superheroes. There is nothing wrong with that. But to simply swap a color palette and act like you’re acting in the interest of minorities is insane.

Don’t just make superman Chinese and call it a new hero, how about you try and create a meaningful new hero with a genuine background that children can actually look up to, instead of teaching them that the only way to be accepted, is to dress up like the white people, act like them, and take their names.

DC did an excellent job of creating diversity spun from their flagship. When they killed off Superman, they created John Henry Irons who used his abilities to emulate Superman as the hero Steel

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Steel
#walkaway
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: darkjeremie

darkjeremie
5 months ago#50
Wanna bet that Miles will take over as the main Spidey after Peter dies at some point? Probably not forever but at least for a while since superheroes dies all the time but at least long enough so that Marvel can market Miles a bit more.

Once that happens, do you wanna bet that the people who'll complain will be called racist by people who only knows to use the word in a petty and childish manner? Then again, I'm saying all that sort of stuff but I wouldn't be surprised if that already happened in the past. I don't read comic books anymore because the same stuff keeps on repeating on and on.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue. (This topic has been eaten)
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. What's the point of Miles?