You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. What's the point of Miles?

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
2 months ago#271
Spideyfan posted...
whatever happened to games having camera distance options

Welcome to the future.

Your thoughts are controlled. Your education is controlled. Your news is controlled. Your guns are controlled. Your car is going on autopilot. Your superheroes are being replaced and you can't adjust your camera draw.

In all seriousness, however. I turned all off the automatic camera and other "aid" systems (including the mini-map in my NG+ and I love it!
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
2 months ago#272
TheAntiZealot posted...
In all seriousness,

You had me going.

@TheAntiZealot
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: Game_Fan09

Game_Fan09
2 months ago#273
Inclusion.
Hurry up next gen

User Info: Pig143

Pig143
1 month ago#274
@Devilman_Amon posted...
I'd argue more people liked it than hated it.

Wasnt talking about live action or tv shows.
I was talking about the comics. For decades there have been multiple Flash's. No ones ever had a problem with that.

Well I mean....he's comic book character.....duh? But he was also in Iron Man 1,2,3. Captain America Civil War, and Avengers Infinity War so I'd argue a lot of people know who he is now actually

Not even remotely true

Not where i lived, not at the time anyway.
Never ran into a single person who liked Batman Beyond, not until after the internet became a thing anyway

Actually there have been people who disliked the changes in versions of the Flash, thing is before it was televised the fanbase was much smaller because it only consisted of comic fans so a portion of that is even harder to notice. Especially if we're talking about times that predate the internet.

More people do know who War Machine is now but that still doesn't mean he's well known
Ask a non comic fan who Spider-Man or even Peter Parker is in terms of fiction and most will still be able to tell you. The same could not be said of War Machine or Migel o Hara

Disagree, mainly because i've met many people who hate their own race(some even admitted to it) both white and otherwise
Hackers win at games but they still lose at life, i used to hate them but then i realized they have to cheat so now i just feel sorry for them.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Nehpets700

Nehpets700
1 month ago#275
How is this thread still alive?!
If you like Ike, join us here: https://discord.gg/a8K62X3
I had the very first post on the Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia board.

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
1 month ago#276
Nehpets700 posted...
How is this thread still alive?!

Yeah!
(\__/) (\_(\
(='.'=)(= '.')=

User Info: Dr_Kain

Dr_Kain
1 month ago#277
tonberryking posted...
So I'm not really a big Spider-man fan but I read Miles took over for Peter as Spider-man. And that Miles was created as a black version Spider-man? Why does he have to be like Spider-man? Why not some new and original black super hero? I really don't get it. Why can't minorities just make their own original super heroes. Instead they just want black or transgender versions of already established characters or a new characters with the same powers?

Because he's Spider-Man from an alternate Earth. Also, he was inspired by Spider-Man so when Peter died in his universe, he chose to continue his legacy.

This isn't like DC where they just randomly changed some dude's race but it is supposed to be the same dude.

Also, the point of Miles in this game was to future plan. Miles had a movie come out and Sony probably figured set the seeds for Miles in this game so that if that movie was a success (and it was), they could give Miles his own Spider-Man game in the future.
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: ss21vegito

ss21vegito
1 month ago#278
Dr_Kain posted...
tonberryking posted...
So I'm not really a big Spider-man fan but I read Miles took over for Peter as Spider-man. And that Miles was created as a black version Spider-man? Why does he have to be like Spider-man? Why not some new and original black super hero? I really don't get it. Why can't minorities just make their own original super heroes. Instead they just want black or transgender versions of already established characters or a new characters with the same powers?

Because he's Spider-Man from an alternate Earth. Also, he was inspired by Spider-Man so when Peter died in his universe, he chose to continue his legacy.

This isn't like DC where they just randomly changed some dude's race but it is supposed to be the same dude.

Also, the point of Miles in this game was to future plan. Miles had a movie come out and Sony probably figured set the seeds for Miles in this game so that if that movie was a success (and it was), they could give Miles his own Spider-Man game in the future.

I don’t think that’s true. In a interview they said Miles was a last minute thought because the game didn’t feel complete. It didn’t have anything to do with the movie I don’t think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ujjQA4vGw

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
1 month ago#279
Dr_Kain posted...
tonberryking posted...

What character has DC done that with? Not any of the major ones that I know of. Green lantern tends to be their go to diversity hero since there are many of them anyways (hell they've had white black hispanic and middle eastern I think, even one was gay though he was alt universe) so writing a new one is nothing major.
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: Dr_Kain

Dr_Kain
1 month ago#280
mooreandrew58 posted...
What character has DC done that with?

Deadshot
Wally West
Iris
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. What's the point of Miles?