You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. What's the point of Miles?
Idk. I think Miles is "fine." Like he's not the best but he's far from the worst. One of the spider man characters everyone seemed to like was an actual clone of Peter Parker (even his personality wasn't that different) so i don't think him having a similar personality to Peter is that bad, though I will say he works better as a "true" successor like he was in Ultimate. And I thought he stood out more when he was really unsure of himself early on
Tough Boy

User Info: deathstlkr

deathstlkr
3 months ago#252
If I were in charge of Miles' creation, he wouldn't have been Peter's replacement, but his successor. Let's face it, Peter is no longer that fifteen year old who has to constantly make mistakes and question what he's doing (despite what certain OTHER comics would have you believe). He's an adult now and it's time for him to pass on his knowledge and experience to a newer, younger super hero who could benefit.

If they had used the story in this game, or something like it, as a base, Peter and miles could have had a dynamic like Batman and Robin or The Flash and Kid Flash. Like in the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon, Miles could have been Kid Arachnid for a time until Peter decided to retire, like he's hinted multiple times he like to do, or sacrifices his life in battle somewhere down the line.

To condense. Introduce the characters to each other, have them bond and form a partnership, explore all the various story possibilities that can come out of such, and finally pass on the mask from master to student.

It's not that hard, and if you're a good writer, it can be done.
The way it is, the way it should be and the way it always will be.

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
3 months ago#253
deathstlkr posted...
If I were in charge of Miles' creation, he wouldn't have been Peter's replacement, but his successor. Let's face it, Peter is no longer that fifteen year old who has to constantly make mistakes and question what he's doing (despite what certain OTHER comics would have you believe). He's an adult now and it's time for him to pass on his knowledge and experience to a newer, younger super hero who could benefit.

If they had used the story in this game, or something like it, as a base, Peter and miles could have had a dynamic like Batman and Robin or The Flash and Kid Flash. Like in the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon, Miles could have been Kid Arachnid for a time until Peter decided to retire, like he's hinted multiple times he like to do, or sacrifices his life in battle somewhere down the line.

To condense. Introduce the characters to each other, have them bond and form a partnership, explore all the various story possibilities that can come out of such, and finally pass on the mask from master to student.

It's not that hard, and if you're a good writer, it can be done.

Agreed.

Successor > replacement

Peter doesn't need to be replaced. He's fine as he is. Wonderful, even. Amazing, in fact.
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65

User Info: BaseChouGoku

BaseChouGoku
3 months ago#254
tonberryking posted...
Jarvissan posted...
Your racism is really showing.

How is it racist? All I'm wondering is why minorities can't have their own original characters without having to just reuse ideas of already established characters. It's like asking I want Black Panther to be white/asian/hispanic because he needs to be race swapped.

Did you bring this up when Spider-Woman, Spider-Gwen were created?

User Info: BaseChouGoku

BaseChouGoku
3 months ago#255
In the Spider-verse movie it kinda made more sense since Spider-Man died in Miles world and the Spider-Man that shows up is like in his mid thirties or something.

In this game it seems a bit rushed and forced as Spider-Man is still relatively young; 23 and just a year out of college even though he's been Spider-Man for 7 years. If Peter were 33, it would have been more fitting then to introduce Miles.
BaseChouGoku posted...
It's like asking I want Black Panther to be white/asian/hispanic because he needs to be race swapped.

It's obviously nothing like that. Any rando can get bitten by a radioactive spider and take on the mantle of "Spider-Man".

Race is actually an integral factor when it's the king of an isolated African nation.
Cover your knees up if you're gonna be walkin' around everywhere.

User Info: PewuPewu

PewuPewu
3 months ago#257
So is Spider-Gwen appealing to feminists? You can say they're pandering to SJWs (which they aren't), but that still doesn't mean that what you're saying isn't racist. What exactly is the problem with having a African-American Spider-Man even if it is appealing to a certain audience anyway? I really don't see your point.
Twitter: @Pannnntsu
Switch FC: SW-3580-3190-2348

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
3 months ago#258
@PewuPewu

If you were paying attention, you would see that most people don't have an issue with a black Spider-Man type of character. The problem lies with the way that Miles is interacting with the Spider-Man/Marvel universe.
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65
(message deleted)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. What's the point of Miles?