You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. What's the point of Miles?

User Info: EDawg

EDawg
5 months ago#21
necrondude posted...
I feel like gamefaqs main use is for racists who keep getting downvoted into oblivion on Reddit.
Psn: EngGotStacks

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
5 months ago#22
MasterFoxCheif3 posted...
BusterLegacyFF7 posted...
I'm not really here to choose sides or anything, but I feel like I should point out that Miles is Hispanic, not black

Yeah, if we ignore his black dad and all.

It would be a shame if people knew that he was also black.

*shudders*

Pig143 posted...
This part always gets me, racists are always trying to put the blame on "minorities" when new characters like Riri or Miles pop up.

Psssst.....here's an exclusive:

White comic creators are responsible for creating characters like Miles in the first place. If you want to get "mad" at anyone, get mad at people like your "own" aka Brian Michael Bendis and Sarah Pichelli.

Kinda puts that whole issue of "why can't minorities create their own" to bed since minorities don't even have much of a strong foothold in comics to begin with.

People aren't mad at minorities or non minorities

Then why does this statement always pop up whenever a new superhero that's not white pops up?

"Why can't minorities just make their own original super heroes?"

Answer please?????

Reeeeeeeeee

User Info: 2SweetforTurtle

2SweetforTurtle
5 months ago#23
I am a puerto rican, with a black puerto rican father, and a white puerto rican mother. I legitimately despise everything that Miles has come to represent in the comic book world. I’ve never understood identity politics. Why is it that according to these SJWs I’m not allowed to connect with Peter because he’s not a POC? The fact that people act like I cannot relate to white heroes just because they don’t look like me is downright insulting and truly goes against the very purpose of superheroes.

Don’t get me wrong, I love having diverse superheroes. There is nothing wrong with that. But to simply swap a color palette and act like you’re acting in the interest of minorities is insane.

Don’t just make superman Chinese and call it a new hero, how about you try and create a meaningful new hero with a genuine background that children can actually look up to, instead of teaching them that the only way to be accepted, is to dress up like the white people, act like them, and take their names.
Slow and steady wins the race

WhyitEarp
5 months ago#24
2SweetforTurtle posted...
I am a puerto rican, with a black puerto rican father, and a white puerto rican mother. I legitimately despise everything that Miles has come to represent in the comic book world. I’ve never understood identity politics. Why is it that according to these SJWs I’m not allowed to connect with Peter because he’s not a POC? The fact that people act like I cannot relate to white heroes just because they don’t look like me is downright insulting and truly goes against the very purpose of superheroes.

Don’t get me wrong, I love having diverse superheroes. There is nothing wrong with that. But to simply swap a color palette and act like you’re acting in the interest of minorities is insane.

Don’t just make superman Chinese and call it a new hero, how about you try and create a meaningful new hero with a genuine background that children can actually look up to, instead of teaching them that the only way to be accepted, is to dress up like the white people, act like them, and take their names.

Because the far left LOVE division politics and reminding us how different we all are

User Info: Rude Hero

Rude Hero
5 months ago#25
tonberryking posted...
I really don't get it. Why can't minorities just make their own original super heroes.

No, you don't get, when did Spiderman become exclusive to caucasian people? You better check yourself.
Too hot to handle, too cold to hold.

WhyitEarp
5 months ago#26
Rude Hero posted...
tonberryking posted...
I really don't get it. Why can't minorities just make their own original super heroes.

No, you don't get, when did Spiderman become exclusive to caucasian people? You better check yourself.

Lol is that a threat? And it might be different had that not had killed Peter just to insert black version of Peter. And of course he’s for everyone, you can’t identify with a white Spider-Man? You racist?
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: DaIamar

DaIamar
5 months ago#27
I liked Miles in this game, he was pretty cool. But giving him exat powers as Peter is pretty lazy and makes me worried about sequel

User Info: MasterFoxCheif3

MasterFoxCheif3
5 months ago#28
DaIamar posted...
I liked Miles in this game, he was pretty cool. But giving him exat powers as Peter is pretty lazy and makes me worried about sequel

He doesn't have the same powers if you read the com-

Oh wait nobody reads comics.

Nvm.
''President of the I Hate Batman Club: He's overpowered without any superpower''
https://i.imgur.com/d2nu7g2.gifv Kal Patrol! https://i.imgur.com/MT2uUAe.jpg

User Info: DaIamar

DaIamar
5 months ago#29
DaIamar posted...

He doesn't have the same powers if you read the com-

Oh wait nobody reads comics.

Nvm.

I wasn't talking about comics, I was talking about one specific game and it's potential sequel. What comics got to do with this?

User Info: samson3191

samson3191
5 months ago#30
tonberryking posted...
So I'm not really a big Spider-man fan but I read Miles took over for Peter as Spider-man. And that Miles was created as a black version Spider-man? Why does he have to be like Spider-man? Why not some new and original black super hero? I really don't get it. Why can't minorities just make their own original super heroes. Instead they just want black or transgender versions of already established characters or a new characters with the same powers?

I was listening to something last night about the late Stan Lee and how the liberal SJWs hate him because all he said was that Peter is a white heterosexual male character. He always will be. He then advised them to make their own characters if they wanted something else.

Not only is this a stupid complaint, the entire last paragraph isn’t even real.

What the f*** is wrong with you?
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. What's the point of Miles?