You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. What's the point of Miles?

User Info: Pig143

Pig143
5 months ago#11
MasterFoxCheif3 posted...
This part always gets me, racists are always trying to put the blame on "minorities" when new characters like Riri or Miles pop up.

Psssst.....here's an exclusive:

White comic creators are responsible for creating characters like Miles in the first place. If you want to get "mad" at anyone, get mad at people like your "own" aka Brian Michael Bendis and Sarah Pichelli.

Kinda puts that whole issue of "why can't minorities create their own" to bed since minorities don't even have much of a strong foothold in comics to begin with.

People aren't mad at minorities or non minorities

The fact of the matter is many if not most SJWs are white people who like to virtue signal

The issue remains that there should never be a quota simply for the sake of diversity
Even more so the ethnicity and/or gender of a pre existing character should never change

Before you get on me for being racist know Static Shock is my favorite superhero and i'm Vietnamese
Hackers win at games but they still lose at life, i used to hate them but then i realized they have to cheat so now i just feel sorry for them.
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: BusterLegacyFF7

BusterLegacyFF7
5 months ago#12
I'm not really here to choose sides or anything, but I feel like I should point out that Miles is Hispanic, not black
"He wasn't losing a day in the real world. He was gaining a day here."

User Info: El Marsh

El Marsh
5 months ago#13
^he's both

Black dad
Puerto Rican mom

One side doesn't cancel the other
http://i.imgur.com/0APl48O.gifv

User Info: necrondude

necrondude
5 months ago#14
I feel like gamefaqs main use is for racists who keep getting downvoted into oblivion on Reddit.
"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea."

User Info: vahn65

vahn65
5 months ago#15
necrondude posted...
I feel like gamefaqs main use is for racists who keep getting downvoted into oblivion on Reddit.

This^

Also Says he isnt a bug fan if Spiderman but cares that mikes is black. Peter Parker still exist in more then one comic series on top of the fact that he isnt the only spider man but we all know its just befause miles is black and Latino he gets more hate then someone like migel.

User Info: Snorlax_exlax

Snorlax_exlax
5 months ago#16
at the end of the day...

Otto Octavius is the best Spider Man anyways
[JP] Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgur.com/4eeV0Sm.png
Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgur.com/zloMXs0.png

User Info: triton6783

triton6783
5 months ago#17
I haven't read the comics or played the game yet, but the problem with creating new, original superheroes is that it's often very hard for them to become popular, as most of the iconic superheroes that are most popular today were created decades ago. Sadly, this was during a time when racism was much more socially acceptable (it's still around, don't pretend like it isn't), and therefore most of those superheroes were white. Therefore, it's easier to replace an established character with a minority than to create a brand new superhero that won't have nearly the same chance as getting popular. It's an effective way of making sure that minority characters get the exposure that they are long overdue.
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: MasterFoxCheif3

MasterFoxCheif3
5 months ago#18
BusterLegacyFF7 posted...
I'm not really here to choose sides or anything, but I feel like I should point out that Miles is Hispanic, not black

Yeah, if we ignore his black dad and all.

It would be a shame if people knew that he was also black.

*shudders*

Pig143 posted...
MasterFoxCheif3 posted...
This part always gets me, racists are always trying to put the blame on "minorities" when new characters like Riri or Miles pop up.

Psssst.....here's an exclusive:

White comic creators are responsible for creating characters like Miles in the first place. If you want to get "mad" at anyone, get mad at people like your "own" aka Brian Michael Bendis and Sarah Pichelli.

Kinda puts that whole issue of "why can't minorities create their own" to bed since minorities don't even have much of a strong foothold in comics to begin with.

People aren't mad at minorities or non minorities

Then why does this statement always pop up whenever a new superhero that's not white pops up?

"Why can't minorities just make their own original super heroes?"

Answer please?????
''President of the I Hate Batman Club: He's overpowered without any superpower''
https://i.imgur.com/d2nu7g2.gifv Kal Patrol! https://i.imgur.com/MT2uUAe.jpg
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: DanielsonsXe

DanielsonsXe
5 months ago#19
For all the people that keep throwing Miguel under the bus, he's latino.
PSN: NinjaLeonhart

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
5 months ago#20
hyaman posted...
Miles Morales exists because Marvel wanted to create a popular non white superhero to add diversity for diversitys sake, and to appease the SJW’s.
Since Spider-man is Marvel’s most popular hero, they killed off the ultimate version of Peter Parker and replaced him with a black kid with an identical personality.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. What's the point of Miles?