You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. What's the point of Miles?

User Info: tonberryking

tonberryking
5 months ago#1
So I'm not really a big Spider-man fan but I read Miles took over for Peter as Spider-man. And that Miles was created as a black version Spider-man? Why does he have to be like Spider-man? Why not some new and original black super hero? I really don't get it. Why can't minorities just make their own original super heroes. Instead they just want black or transgender versions of already established characters or a new characters with the same powers?

I was listening to something last night about the late Stan Lee and how the liberal SJWs hate him because all he said was that Peter is a white heterosexual male character. He always will be. He then advised them to make their own characters if they wanted something else.
Tonberryking, the protector of all Tonberries.
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: Jarvissan

Jarvissan
5 months ago#2
Your racism is really showing.
Xbox GT: Juice Based God
PSN: JuiceBasedGod

User Info: tonberryking

tonberryking
5 months ago#3
Jarvissan posted...
Your racism is really showing.

How is it racist? All I'm wondering is why minorities can't have their own original characters without having to just reuse ideas of already established characters. It's like asking I want Black Panther to be white/asian/hispanic because he needs to be race swapped.
Tonberryking, the protector of all Tonberries.

User Info: hyaman

hyaman
5 months ago#4
Miles Morales exists because Marvel wanted to create a popular non white superhero to add diversity for diversitys sake, and to appease the SJW’s.
Since Spider-man is Marvel’s most popular hero, they killed off the ultimate version of Peter Parker and replaced him with a black kid with an identical personality.

User Info: Xclaim

Xclaim
5 months ago#5
On one hand, I believe the ethnicity or sexuality characters like Peter Parker, Bobby Drake, or Danny Rand should not have to be changed or updated just to fill some diversity quota.

On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with a new character to taking up the mantle of a previous one if they've died/moved on. Miles Morales and Kamala Khan are examples of this done right.

And it's not like Miles was the first alternate Spider-Man identity, Miguel O'Hara and Ben Reilly were around long before Miles was even created.
Odin: "Have a care, I am the All-Father."
Phil Coulson: "You have a care, we are SHIELD. And we just saved your ass."

User Info: Jarvissan

Jarvissan
5 months ago#6
Xclaim posted...
On one hand, I believe the ethnicity or sexuality characters like Peter Parker, Bobby Drake, or Danny Rand should not have to be changed or updated just to fill some diversity quota.

On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with a new character to taking up the mantle of a previous one if they've died/moved on. Miles Morales and Kamala Khan are examples of this done right.

And it's not like Miles was the first alternate Spider-Man identity, Miguel O'Hara and Ben Reilly were around long before Miles was even created.

Exactly. But we all know the real reason why miles is hated..
Xbox GT: Juice Based God
PSN: JuiceBasedGod

User Info: hyaman

hyaman
5 months ago#7
Xclaim posted...

You’re right. There is nothing wrong with new characters taking up the mantle of other hero. But Miles is far from an example of this “done right”.
Miles hasn’t earned the title of Spider-man. It’s not like he was an established character in the ultimate comics. He wasn’t Peter’s friend or in anyway part of the story. Peter’s tragic death had no build up. It wasn’t well thought out, well executed or a satisfying conclusion to his series. They literally killed off Peter for the sole purpose of replacing him with a black person.
Miles doesn’t even have a unique character or personality. He is just Peter Parker in black face.
When Bucky or Sam Wilson took up the mantle of Captain America, it was earned. They were Caps allies, and they bought there own unique spin to the role. Miles just may as well be a black clone of Peter

As for others taking the role of Spider-man. O’hara is from the future and has little to no lasting effect on the current series of events. Ben Reily is Peter’s literal clone, and his stint as Spider-man wasn’t permanent. But Miles is permanent. He’s part of the 616 universe, and he’s never going to go away. He’s gonna be forced down our throats forever

User Info: MasterFoxCheif3

MasterFoxCheif3
5 months ago#8
tonberryking posted...
So I'm not really a big Spider-man fan but I read Miles took over for Peter as Spider-man. And that Miles was created as a black version Spider-man? Why does he have to be like Spider-man? Why not some new and original black super hero? I really don't get it. Why can't minorities just make their own original super heroes.

Looolooooooool

This part always gets me, racists are always trying to put the blame on "minorities" when new characters like Riri or Miles pop up.

Psssst.....here's an exclusive:

White comic creators are responsible for creating characters like Miles in the first place. If you want to get "mad" at anyone, get mad at people like your "own" aka Brian Michael Bendis and Sarah Pichelli.

Kinda puts that whole issue of "why can't minorities create their own" to bed since minorities don't even have much of a strong foothold in comics to begin with.
''President of the I Hate Batman Club: He's overpowered without any superpower''
https://i.imgur.com/d2nu7g2.gifv Kal Patrol! https://i.imgur.com/MT2uUAe.jpg
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: bhamacuk

bhamacuk
5 months ago#9
I like the way miles was incorporated into the game and Im not familiar with his character in the comics. As an introduction to someone like me with no prior knowledge, I thought it was done well.

What I don't like overall though, is this confusing super hero multiverse thing.

It's just messing around.

I can see why there's a need for diversity but I agree that miles should be his own, unique character hero.
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: SmidgeIsntBack

SmidgeIsntBack
5 months ago#10
You should start actually reading Spider-Man comics instead of just complaining about them TC. They're pretty good!
Audio Theater: For discussion of podcasts, radio, audiobooks, and the like
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1364-
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. What's the point of Miles?