• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Game of the year contender?

User Info: Kerrod33

Kerrod33
2 months ago#31
SilentHawk29 posted...
Midnight Club and Max Payne are bad? Lmao. You sure you're not trying to troll?

Midnight Club series was friggin laughable. One of the worst racing series I have ever played. If you are a fast and the furious child, I can see why you would like it though. All I am saying is that Rockstar isn’t immune to making a bad game, so wait until it’s released before putting it on GOTY status

User Info: andhros

andhros
2 months ago#32
Probably will win a few for PS4. I also expect VC4 to pull awards from the JRPG leaning sites.

User Info: nova_pulse

nova_pulse
2 months ago#33
A multiplatform contender that gets lots of hype and praise always wins the GoTY award over exclusives
This year's GoTY is going to be RDR2.
Still God of War is expected to win in a few categories ,tough call for Spiderman since Perfomances,Best Open World ,Best Soundtrack awards etc can easily go to GoW or RDR2

User Info: krono069

krono069
2 months ago#34
Kerrod33 posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...
Midnight Club and Max Payne are bad? Lmao. You sure you're not trying to troll?

Midnight Club series was friggin laughable. One of the worst racing series I have ever played. If you are a fast and the furious child, I can see why you would like it though. All I am saying is that Rockstar isn’t immune to making a bad game, so wait until it’s released before putting it on GOTY status

<_< ... So yeah anyway, RDR2 will probably get GoTY from the most reviewers. I'm thinking it will be closely followed up by God of War pulling some GoTY wards itself. That's my prediction.
"I may lead you astray every now and then, but I'm always a safe bet." ~Mat Cauthon

User Info: yoshox2000

yoshox2000
2 months ago#35
Given the low standards the industry has for Game of the Year contenders these days, I'm sure this 7 out of 10 game qualifies, just like the 7 out of 10 God of War.

User Info: DaimaoTakahashi

DaimaoTakahashi
2 months ago#36
yoshox2000 posted...
Given the low standards the industry has for Game of the Year contenders these days, I'm sure this 7 out of 10 game qualifies, just like the 7 out of 10 God of War.

Pretty much.
No crying until the end.

User Info: mustain2121

mustain2121
2 months ago#37
Spider-man
God of War
Red Dead Redemption 2

I would have added Tomb Raider to the list but a few reviewers said the story is boring
PSN: mustain21
"Chickens used to rule the earth eighty years ago when dinosaurs roamed Mexico" - Guacamelee 2.

User Info: nova_pulse

nova_pulse
2 months ago#38
</quoteyoshox2000 posted...

While Spiderman deserves a solid 8 ,you're a little off the mark with God of War which is a 8-9
Please do tell us which games rank higher as to qualify this year's contenders

User Info: Foxpips

Foxpips
2 months ago#39
FishermanFriend posted...
I haven't beat it yet. I'm a bit over half way. It's a fun game but not goty material at all. Not when God of War released this year.

Unpopular opinion coming through.... personally I though God of war was dirt and everyone just had nostalgia goggles on and whipped out their meat for Kwatos.

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
2 months ago#40
It's a great game, but falls short of the quality of GotY, maybe it will be a contender at the game awards but I can't see it beating GoW, then there's also Red Dead next month.
Playing:
(PS4) Dark Souls; Monster Hunter World; Forsaken; Spider-Man (Switch) Kirby Star Allies (3DS) Pokemon Black 2, FE:SoV (SNES) Super Mario RPG
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Game of the year contender?
  • Topic Archived