• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. This isn't how you make a fun game

User Info: butthole666

butthole666
2 months ago#1
You don’t introduce one or two fun mechanics and then bog the whole thing down with meaningless non-content

If something isn’t fun it shouldn’t be in a game that aims to be fun
"Kenan & Kel is what made me realize I wasn't racist." ~ NewportBox100s

User Info: MJWatsonJackpot

MJWatsonJackpot
2 months ago#2
Except for the part where the game is fun.
Mary Jane Watson, investigative journalist for the Daily Bugle #mjwatsonjackpot

User Info: Starwind128

Starwind128
2 months ago#3
butthole666 posted...
You don’t introduce one or two fun mechanics and then bog the whole thing down with meaningless non-content

Which parts of the game are you referring to? I love the game but I didn't enjoy every little thing about it either.
Oh look, someone said something I didn't like...they must be trolling.

User Info: NYCWallCrawler

NYCWallCrawler
2 months ago#4
MJWatsonJackpot posted...
The official account for your friendly neighborhood web-slinger, Spider-Man!
Whether it's trying to save the world, or a cat from a tree... I'll be there!

User Info: jayzeppo

jayzeppo
2 months ago#5
MJWatsonJackpot posted...
If you get back to work you're fired, man.

butthole666
2 months ago#6
Starwind128 posted...
butthole666 posted...

Which parts of the game are you referring to? I love the game but I didn't enjoy every little thing about it either.

All the busywork, all the slow-paced interior walking to go do nothing with needless AGL/“realism” touches (press button to watch animation to go through door, instead of just going through the f***ing door), the completely uncompelling collectibles, the byzantine array of unnecessary menus and submenus.

Like it so clearly took so many cues from Ubisoft’s formula and that is -never- a good thing

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
2 months ago#7
butthole666 posted...
Starwind128 posted...
butthole666 posted...

All the busywork, all the slow-paced interior walking to go do nothing with needless AGL/“realism” touches (press button to watch animation to go through door, instead of just going through the f***ing door), the completely uncompelling collectibles, the byzantine array of unnecessary menus and submenus.

Like it so clearly took so many cues from Ubisoft’s formula and that is -never- a good thing

So take out all of the realism?
Youtubers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!

butthole666
2 months ago#8
WingZero0782 posted...
butthole666 posted...
Starwind128 posted...
butthole666 posted...

So take out all of the realism?

Well, considering that “realism” does not inherently equal “fun”, and considering that we’re already talking about a game about a man who got super powers from a radioactive f***ing spider, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that watching ol’ Pete open a door for 10 seconds is not something that needed to be in the game, yes.

User Info: Starwind128

Starwind128
2 months ago#9
butthole666 posted...
Starwind128 posted...
butthole666 posted...

I see what you're saying, however none of that really bothered me. To each their own I suppose.
Oh look, someone said something I didn't like...they must be trolling.

butthole666
2 months ago#10
Oh and the collectibles literally being marked on your goddamn map completely removes the enjoyment of collectibles and turns them into a slog of busywork, rather than an engaging, playthrough-spanning hunt for the next cool reward.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. This isn't how you make a fun game
  • Topic Archived