• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  3. "Crash has become Dark Souls"

User Info: mninp

mninp
3 years ago#11
The only souls game I played was Demon's Souls and I still can't even make it half way through Boletarian Place without rage quitting, but I already 100% Crash 1 in the remake and I'm working on Relics.

At least for me, the difficulty isn't even on the same planet. Maybe it's because I grew up with platformers?
Games I'm looking forward to: Super Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Kingdom Hearts HD Remix 2.5, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
3 years ago#12
Miyazaki: "Wow, this Crash Bandicoot is hard, I think I'll make something a bit easier"
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
PRESIDENT TRUMP, MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

User Info: TheLazyClown

TheLazyClown
3 years ago#13
They obviously never played the original and they are lying if they said they did.
Not changing this sig until Sword Art Online 3 is released.
Proud supporter of President Donald J. Trump.

User Info: caboose84

caboose84
3 years ago#14
mninp posted...
The only souls game I played was Demon's Souls and I still can't even make it half way through Boletarian Place without rage quitting, but I already 100% Crash 1 in the remake and I'm working on Relics.

At least for me, the difficulty isn't even on the same planet. Maybe it's because I grew up with platformers?

The difference betwen the two game's difficulty is that whereas your success in Demon's Souls (or really any other Souls/Borne games besides maybe Dark Souls 2) depends on your ability to adapt to the game's mechanics and read enemy's attack patterns and learn how to properly counter them, Crash 1's difficulty comes from sometimes flatout bad and cheap level design.

If you're dying to a boss in Demon's Souls over and over again, it's almost always surely your own fault. Whether it's because you've neglected certain stats, haven't upgraded your weapon or simply aren't using the right one, you're using the wrong armor for a particular encounter, maybe you just aren't a high enough level, or maybe you're just letting yourself get psyched out and lose focus. The game is meant to be a slow burn and a test of your skill and patience. And if you really can't past an area or a boss, you can always grind a bit and level up your character some more, then try again.

Crash on the other hand like I said, just has cheap level design. And before anyone here s***s down my neck, the creators of the original games have admitted themselves that they didn't know what they were doing and had no sense of difficulty, and most of the time they were just designing levels because of how cool they looked. My biggest problem with the game is that sometimes it demands you to keep a forward momentum going and to think and react on your feet, but then in the exact same level, it'll punish you for not taking your time and being careful, and stuff like that happens a lot. It just doesn't feel like there's a lot of balance to the game. Sometimes you'll find a new checkpoint four areas in a row, then you'll go four areas without seeing a single one in the same level. It makes no sense.

So if you can't get past the starting area in Demon's Souls, but I've beaten every single Souls/Borne game with minimal help. But I'm struggling quite a bit with Crash 1, but you've apparently 100% it with relative ease, then I'm not really sure what that says.
PSN/GT/Steam: PounceBounce84
The official unofficial Flash of the Injustice 2 boards.

User Info: Nordini

Nordini
3 years ago#15
That's some of the highest praise a franchise can receive.

User Info: DesertRanger97

DesertRanger97
3 years ago#16
xblazingsoulx posted...
Dark souls hard? Are they serious? Git gud.

Wat rings u got bithc?
"Seath was never my friend." - Gwyn
PSN: brutaka666

User Info: mecha_mkII

mecha_mkII
3 years ago#17
DesertRanger97 posted...
xblazingsoulx posted...

Wat rings u got bithc?

You see, you can't gear up in Crash, nor can you boost your stats, get powerful magic skills or healing items. You can only stock up on lives and get 2 extra hit points which are temporary. Basically everything is instakill.

User Info: Enigma8th

Enigma8th
3 years ago#18
all i get from that wall of text is that controls of this remaster suck. still, i'm positive that original crash 1 is way harder to 100%, anybody who played it knows as much
There was a HOLE here. It's gone now.

User Info: Goombacrusher

Goombacrusher
3 years ago#19
the dark souls of bloodbornes of bandicoot games

if the standardS for video game writing were any lower reviews would just be su9dhvixbfcudfhs9a8hibduaghu98qDPHIBLDSVJBFIGRUEW98RQdh
http://i.imgur.com/pLE4OWy.png http://i.imgur.com/eBWcN1b.gif
Click here for JoJo: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1150-za-warudo

User Info: DesertRanger97

DesertRanger97
3 years ago#20
mecha_mkII posted...
DesertRanger97 posted...
xblazingsoulx posted...

Wat rings u got bithc?

You see, you can't gear up in Crash, nor can you boost your stats, get powerful magic skills or healing items. You can only stock up on lives and get 2 extra hit points which are temporary. Basically everything is instakill.

Just treat like a "sl1 ng+7 company of champions" run.
"Seath was never my friend." - Gwyn
PSN: brutaka666
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  3. "Crash has become Dark Souls"
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A