• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. Game went from scary to flat out annoying REAL fast

User Info: jellybeanmaster

jellybeanmaster
3 months ago#1
I thought the idea if being chased through the house was cool at first. But since he cant die and he chases you endlessly, he just turns into a device to prolong figuring out what to do n where to go. Ive given up trying to what to do under pressure or where to go. I just ignore him and try to figure it
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,

User Info: spyder42

spyder42
3 months ago#2
Since the whole thing with being chased lasts for like 5-30 minutes depending on your speed, it doesnt really matter...
3lric from Bethesda.net
Creator of STS, Manufacturing Overhauled and More.

User Info: jellybeanmaster

jellybeanmaster
3 months ago#3
It does. the game becomes infinitely less enjoyable the moment u have to solve the puzzle with him on ur ass. Worst case scenario, you figure it out after you used X amount of bullets/herbs and finally get away with little to no health. So why bother? Never mind him, take ur time and figure it out, when he kills u just pick up where u left off until u can go directly where u have to or solve exactly what u need to and pass that section unharmed, full health/ammo
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,

User Info: spyder42

spyder42
3 months ago#4
In your opinion I guess. Some people like stuff like that in games. You probably didnt like Outlast or whatever it was called either.

But the thing is. There is only 1 (sort of 2) sections like that in the whole game and neither last more than a few minutes
3lric from Bethesda.net
Creator of STS, Manufacturing Overhauled and More.

User Info: Trespasser2003

Trespasser2003
3 months ago#5
You can shoot him. If you knock him down he stays down for quite a while. It works the same as the Nemesis in 3.
Itchy itchy. scott came. ugly face so killed him. Tasty. 4// itchy. tasty.

User Info: jonezyx9x81

jonezyx9x81
3 months ago#6
this is opinion at its finest as some people such as i love to work under pressure in video games...so the game becomes infinitely less enjoyable for YOU as the pressure mounts because again i love pressure situations like that in games

User Info: Wbis

Wbis
3 months ago#7
There are ways to avoid jack altogether though they’re a bit dependent on a) not panicking b) getting jack to do specific attacks. When he’s chasing around with his broom type weapon thing, whatever this is supposed to be, one of his attacks is well best described as a poke, if you can get him to do this to one side it pushes him forward and allows you to simply walk on past him. I noticed this in madhouse where there simply isn’t enough ammo at that point in the game to be spending on jack. Also if you block his grab and crouch when he’s swinging his weapon from right to left these are both very useful, though don’t stay crouched as this will trigger him to do his overhead attack and this will hit you when crouched. You can also just simply run away and as long as you get far enough away his AI will reset and he will go back to his searching mode. Another point to note when trying to evade Jack is when you’re on the first floor of the house, on the far end of the hall towards the bathroom you can fall down the broken stairs to the ground floor, this may cause him to warp downstairs though and if you haven’t already seen him burst through the wall he will do this now. Another tactic I found can help in certain situations is luring jack towards a door, entering and closing it behind you then when he’s at the door about to come in push the door wide open, this will knock him back and if done at the right time will also stun him letting you run right past him. A final thing to note is that the save rooms are all protected and if you enter into these while being chased by anything in the game it will be reset, this can be abused to your advantage if you wish to do this though it’s not necessary.

Jack is invincible at this stage though and as people have pointed out his relentless pursuit is only meant to pressure you, forcing you to panic and make bad decisions which consequently end up with you being hit and having to use first aid sprays. Just take some deep breathes, try to relax and employ some of the strategies I gave above, you’ll be breezing past this stage in no time flat.

User Info: Wbis

Wbis
3 months ago#8
I forgot to mention, you’re only not able to do puzzles if Jack is in the same room as you, but (spoilers) there is only one puzzle you have to do when jack is searching for you and that is the shadow painting puzzle in the main hall. It is possible to do this without having fired a single bullet at Jack, all you need to do is put enough distance between him and yourself. He may from time to time come into the main hall but this is entirely RNG dependant, if he comes into the main hall just exit it and run around then come back, this should force him to go elsewhere giving you time to do the puzzle. As soon as you put the wooden statue on the stand it is not possible for Jack to interrupt you or even enter the room so you are free to take as long as you like.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. Game went from scary to flat out annoying REAL fast
  • Topic Archived