• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. A Look Back: Resident Evil 4 GOTY Awards

User Info: Kev88

Kev88
1 year ago#1
A look back at 2005 GOTY awards for the great Resident Evil 4:

Resident Evil 4 game of the year awards in 2005:

Metacritic - Won
Famitsu - Won
Game Informer - Won
Spike Video Game Awards - Won
GameFAQS - Won
Game Pro - Won
GameSpot - Won
IGN Reader's Choice - Won
GameTrailers - Won
Edge - Won

Resident Evil 7 game of the years awards won in 2017:

None/fail

User Info: Plant42

Plant42
1 year ago#2
That’s because RE4 was a very fun game that had a big impact on the gaming industry. RE7 was neither.

User Info: Koncreet95

Koncreet95
1 year ago#3
RE7 went up against some massive heavy-hitters this year, too. Even if RE7 was less polarizing to the fan-base, it still had to compete against:

-Super Mario Odyssey
-The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
-Nioh
-Horizon Zero Dawn
-Nier Automata
-Persona 5
-Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
-Destiny 2
-Divinity: Original Sin II
-Middle-earth: Shadow of War
-Assassin's Creed: Origins
-Wolfenstein II: The New Order
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
-PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (I don't really think this should've been included in a lot of award shows, but hell, it was)

So no matter how you feel about RE7, you have to admit that it had some heavy competition and their chances of getting GOTY awards from any publisher were really really low.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChS-uk5cOLVZHFLmim1YTSg <---not touched since March 2017, don't bother
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ajparish

User Info: edward18

edward18
1 year ago#4
Is there some point to this topic TC?
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

Kev88
1 year ago#5
edward18 posted...

It's the last month of the year, where all GOTY awards have been awarded. This is a celebration for the last RE game that won GOTY awards.

It's not hard to understand what the point is. I know why you ask, and in the manner that you asked, but i'm still going to explain.

RE4 is bashed constantly on this forum as a game that ruined the series, yet it was generally loved and seen as a great game, and it's one of the top 50 greatest games of all time on any respectable list i've seen.

Congratulations Resident Evil 4, the last RE game that won GOTY awards.

User Info: sbn4

sbn4
1 year ago#6
Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj have also won a lot of awards. Does that mean their music is amazing? While I don't like RE7 and think RE4 is fun, I never liked this "its won so many awards and its super popular" to discredit the people who have issues with RE4.

I think RE4 is a fun but shallow game that gets a tad more praise than it deserves.
"No man should fight any war but his own."

Kev88
1 year ago#7
sbn4 posted...
Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj have also won a lot of awards. Does that mean their music is amazing? While I don't like RE7 and think RE4 is fun, I never liked this "its won so many awards and its super popular" to discredit the people who have issues with RE4.

I think RE4 is a fun but shallow game that gets a tad more praise than it deserves.

Yeah, RE4 is the Nicki Minaj/Taylor Swift of games LOL.

Riiiiight.

User Info: DominiqueT

DominiqueT
1 year ago#8
Well res7 is nothing new compared to 4.

That doesn't mean that 7 was bad but when 4 came out exploring stuff in a 3D world was still new to everyone
VN's that need to be ported to consoles
https://imgur.com/a/f4zav

User Info: ZeroPhoenix94

ZeroPhoenix94
1 year ago#9
edward18 posted...

Just another excuse for Kev to talk s*** about RE7. Typical.
I probably love the games that you hate.

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
1 year ago#10
Kev88 posted...
Yeah, RE4 is the Nicki Minaj/Taylor Swift of games LOL.

Riiiiight.

The point is, obviously, that awards mean jack-s***. And you know that.

I love RE4 as much as the next guy, but topics like these are pathetic. Like, people for some reason need to desperately prove to others that one game is better than the other. Just... why??

ZeroPhoenix94 posted...
edward18 posted...

Just another excuse for Kev to talk s*** about RE7. Typical.
Now Playing: Resident Evil 7, CoD: WWII
// Smash 4 // LUIGI, LINK, Bowser, Falco, ROB
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. A Look Back: Resident Evil 4 GOTY Awards
  • Topic Archived