i can't play this,

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: NoctisSiIentium

NoctisSiIentium
1 year ago#1
i like the game. i enjoy it. i think it's what the series needed.

but i jus. . can't play it. i get hit with motion sickness 20 minutes in and i can't do it. i am saddened by this. is there nothing you can do on the PS4 version that might make it easier if you suffer from this?

this doesn't happen with all first person games, but this is one of them. :(
i don't know what to put here
(message deleted)

NoctisSiIentium
1 year ago#3
ima toss you straight in the trash if you keep talkin that good s***!!

nah im jk

User Info: ssgoku831

ssgoku831
1 year ago#4
damn that sucks:(

User Info: ScorpionBlaze

ScorpionBlaze
1 year ago#5
I get motion sickness with most FPS games but I can play this game for hours. I got lucky I guess.

User Info: LonelyChell

LonelyChell
1 year ago#6
NoctisSiIentium posted...

but i jus. . can't play it. i get hit with motion sickness 20 minutes in and i can't do it. i am saddened by this. is there nothing you can do on the PS4 version that might make it easier if you suffer from this?

I heard you can turn something off in the options that makes it better...I was sick for the first hour I played and then my brain got used to it.
Remember, the Aperture Science "Bring Your Daughter to Work Day" is the perfect time to have her tested.

User Info: Jeric735

Jeric735
1 year ago#7
Turn off head bob and maybe camera acceleration. I'm not quite sure what affects you but having a static camera turn speed might help.
PSN: Jeric-S
XBL: Silly Jickles

User Info: Naromi

Naromi
1 year ago#8
NoctisSiIentium posted...

So, I got motion sickness on a ton games. It sucks really bad, there are just some games I CAN'T play. wolfenstein actually made me throw up, which sucks because I heard it was a good game too.

There are a few things you can try that help me, you're going to be limited by a lot of the options due you being on a console but that doesn't mean there is nothing to try.

1. Sit further back from the TV. One of the major causes of motion sickness is Field of View. If you can change this option on console absolutely try that, if not try sitting further back, it'll help you brain discern that you're not actually moving.

2. This is a option in the game menu called "Show Crosshair at all times" turn this on, this will put a dot in the center of your screen, it's basically the same thing as wolfenstein motion sickness mode. This will always give your eyes a place of reference that never moves, and in some cases can eliminate motion sickness.

3.Depending on how bad you want to play, taking over the counter motion sickness pills has helped others.

NoctisSiIentium
1 year ago#9
well, i hearned that turning up the brightness helped, but i haven't tried playing today.

on console, you can't adjust the field of view outside of VR, sadly. that makes me wish i had bought it for PC instead.

2. This is a option in the game menu called "Show Crosshair at all times" turn this on, this will put a dot in the center of your screen, it's basically the same thing as wolfenstein motion sickness mode. This will always give your eyes a place of reference that never moves, and in some cases can eliminate motion sickness.

but, i hadn't thought to try this. that might help, since i've turned off camera acceleration. the camera acceleration at anything other than None only compounded the issue.

i wish i could figure out why certain games make me sick, though. it's only FPS games, and only certain ones. i couldn't play the original bioshock for the same reason. 2 and 3 were fine.

i'll try the Show Crosshairs thing to see if that helps. thanks for the suggestions, you guys. i appreciate it!

User Info: McLahey

McLahey
1 year ago#10
I did a project on this in Psychology (okay, I spent 15 minutes googling and then blew it off) because my mom and sister can't play the newer RE games due to motion sickness and I hear hypnosis can help with it.

You could also check out this website: http://www.seesicksyndrome.com/

And I heard fans blowing on you/fresh air from open windows helps. And water, water helps with everything. And avoid caffeine and alcohol.
"It's raining again."
Castle Address (US): 00492-30378-10965-18003

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived