You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. Mini-Guide for an Easy Speedrun while getting 100% Files/Coin/Statues *Spoilers*

User Info: TheChap656

TheChap656
1 year ago#11
12ehsteve posted...
I didn't use this guide, yet, but I'm at boat house part (just finished Testing Area) with 48 mins left before 4 hours, do you think I can make it if I follow this guide?

Are you also trying to get everything? 48m is sounds really tight on time for doing everything. It might be possible.
FFRK VvAE: OK Burst (419 Mind, more in VII, IX, or X)

User Info: Fishels

Fishels
1 year ago#12
The better option by far is to speed run very quickly until you get to the point of no return(the Lucas traps section) and then save. You complete your speed run and then load back into your save... take your time and get all the files and collectibles as you complete your game again. You can backtrack through the entire baker plantation and look for all files and coins

Although make sure to get the coin and collectibles in the guest house at the beginning. As you can't go back.

TheChap656
1 year ago#13
Fishels posted...
The better option by far is to speed run very quickly until you get to the point of no return(the Lucas traps section) and then save. You complete your speed run and then load back into your save... take your time and get all the files and collectibles as you complete your game again. You can backtrack through the entire baker plantation and look for all files and coins

Although make sure to get the coin and collectibles in the guest house at the beginning. As you can't go back.

I wouldn't say it's the better option, but it is the safer option. There's still a lot of time left following this while collecting everything and I preferred knocking those trophies all out together.

TheChap656
1 year ago#14
I forgot to correct one mistake btw. In the laundry room, the statue isn't in the hole, just down on a shelf directly under the save. Thought I fixed that.
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: 12ehsteve

12ehsteve
1 year ago#15
TheChap656 posted...
12ehsteve posted...
I didn't use this guide, yet, but I'm at boat house part (just finished Testing Area) with 48 mins left before 4 hours, do you think I can make it if I follow this guide?

Are you also trying to get everything? 48m is sounds really tight on time for doing everything. It might be possible.

I am. But I'm thinking I can just branch this file two ways: complete the game getting my collectibles. Reload this specific file, speed run finish it to come in under 4 hours.
http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/ehsteve12/
My Legend of Zelda Collection - Last updated Nov 3/15

User Info: JScriv

JScriv
1 year ago#16
Tag.
"Yeah, Warren, that's the problem with old men. You can kick 'em down the stairs, and say it's an accident, but you can't just shoot 'em."

User Info: Rareware0192

Rareware0192
1 year ago#17
Requested this to get stickied.
http://www.backloggery.com/Rareware0192
NNID/PSN/Steam: Rareware0192 || XBL Gamertag: Rareware33 || 3DS Friend Code: 4184-2776-7727

User Info: adam

adam
1 year ago#18
Thanks for taking the time to write this up. Can you pause the game to stop the clock?
Your pain will be legendary!

TheChap656
1 year ago#19
adam posted...
Thanks for taking the time to write this up. Can you pause the game to stop the clock?

Yes. The clock is stopped when you open the pause menu.

User Info: Koncreet95

Koncreet95
1 year ago#20
TheChap656 posted...
Guest House: Comfort Mia, head into other room to trigger new path.

Are you sure it's mandatory to comfort Mia? I'm pretty sure you can just go to the next room without having to do that and trigger the doorway.
I have a YouTube channel where I do terrible Let's Plays. Check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChS-uk5cOLVZHFLmim1YTSg
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. Mini-Guide for an Easy Speedrun while getting 100% Files/Coin/Statues *Spoilers*