• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. "Not A Hero" DLC Implications *Spoilers*

User Info: RyuFlamecoft

RyuFlamecoft
2 years ago#1
People seem pretty worked up that Mr. Redfield at the end may be a villain pretending to be Chris. I admit, the Umbrella logo on the chopper implies that as well, but it looks like a reworked logo. The use of blue and the medical swirly things could suggest that Umbrella has revived but with good intentions this time. Perhaps they want to surprise you in that sense later.

Also, in RE5, Chris states, "I'm no superhero. But together, we can end this." Could be a stretch of a reference.

I don't know. I think remodelling a character can be fine. Claire looks different almost every game she's in. Jill in Revelations 1 was super different. Maybe he is an imposter. Dunno.
"I'm a COP you idiot! I'm Detective John Tingle!" ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger in the new Live Action Zelda Movie.

User Info: Leon_S_Kennedy

Leon_S_Kennedy
2 years ago#2
I honestly don't think it's going to tie into any of the dlc and instead tie into the upcoming animated film based on the games.

In my opinion Chris wouldn't or should never join an organization called Umbrella even if they were "working for the greater good against bio terror." It wouldn't make sense no one would do that. Chris spent almsotmost of his life going after Umbrella. He was 25 when the first resident Evil happened so in 2017 he's 44 so for someone to hunt down Umbrella immediately after the events of the first game (he traveled to Europe right after RE1 to shut down Umbrella) then to end up joining a group who named themselves Umbrella would be in bad taste for the character.

So I may agree that it's not really Chris but instead someone who may have created this new Umbrella and calls himself Chris Redfield maybe he admires him or he's trying to take credit for taking Umbrella down or whatever it is we don't know the motivation it would be. But this can only be supported by the fact that the character model looks different (which isn't a big thing to go off because Capcom changed Claire's Model horribly and Chris looks terrible in the new movie but at least that Chris looks like Chris from 5 and 6.) and the voice acting I would lean towards it not being Chris because the guy who voices Chris in 5 and 6 is reprising his role in the upcoming animated movie but yet couldn't do a couple lines of diolog for this game.

I mean I can understand they didn't want to give it away that he was on the radio but for a long time fan I associate myself with 5 and 6 Chris Redfield and if I heard his voice over the radio my heard would race and I would build up anticipation for it.

User Info: Deltron_Zero

Deltron_Zero
2 years ago#3
No way its not Chris.Pretty sure it even says his name when showing VAs in the credits.Also,the more grounded take on the characters this time would suggest that not only would an evil twin or clone not fit but also the redesign of the model does fit the grounded take.Boulder punching Chris would be out of place now.
Eating contest! http://imgur.com/L5ybrGY
http://imgur.com/syLkh1C

User Info: PerrySport

PerrySport
2 years ago#4
RyuFlamecoft posted...
People seem pretty worked up that Mr. Redfield at the end may be a villain pretending to be Chris. I admit, the Umbrella logo on the chopper implies that as well, but it looks like a reworked logo. The use of blue and the medical swirly things could suggest that Umbrella has revived but with good intentions this time. Perhaps they want to surprise you in that sense later.

Also, in RE5, Chris states, "I'm no superhero. But together, we can end this." Could be a stretch of a reference.

I don't know. I think remodelling a character can be fine. Claire looks different almost every game she's in. Jill in Revelations 1 was super different. Maybe he is an imposter. Dunno.

Finally someone who noticed this. That's the feeling i got when i saw the logo along with the music playing and Chris (it really is him people) working for them. Im pretty sure Umbrella somehow is now doing something good. Ethan and Mia were being cared for in the chopper. The old Umbrella would handcuff them and put guns to their heads.
It is what it is

User Info: siberian142

siberian142
2 years ago#5
Medical swirly things? The circles inside the logo? The logo is the exact same as the Umbrella Corps logo besides being blue, having a border, and having Umbrella Corporation besides it, and Umbrella Corps is a mercenary group that collects samples and research materials and then sells it on the black market. Why would they rework a logo of a still active group involved in bio terrorism?

User Info: TaintedEon

TaintedEon
2 years ago#6
The whole thing seemed to be described on the mine laptop...they literally state that "Umbrella" was using the house and monitoring the subjects inside which is why the mine connects directly to the side-house...the reason they wait to intervene until the end was because the previous operatives failed (the Bakers killed them).

There is a reason the watch says "Target acquired" on each "Necrotoxin" kit...

Basically, Ethan was the best Umbrella operative, and more than likely a weapon himself which is why Redfield drops the gun down and intervenes ONLY after you step in. They were testing the power of the true bioweapon...you.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/PlacidDREAMS/

User Info: dbl219

dbl219
2 years ago#7
Deltron_Zero posted...
No way its not Chris.Pretty sure it even says his name when showing VAs in the credits.Also,the more grounded take on the characters this time would suggest that not only would an evil twin or clone not fit but also the redesign of the model does fit the grounded take.Boulder punching Chris would be out of place now.

Er, if it's supposed to be a twist that it's not him, would they really spoil the twist by putting the character's real identity in the credits?

I'm reasonably certain the character is Hunk, Umbrella's wetworks man. Here's a photo comparison: http://i.imgur.com/0wJHkBd.jpg

He has all of Hunk's signature elements: he rides an Umbrella chopper; he appears wearing a gas mask; he's cold-blooded, saying to shoot Eveline on sight over the radio; he carries an anti-B.O.W. gun named after Albert Wesker of all people; and he looks far more like the one official image of Hunk than any image of Chris Redfield.

To me the blue-and-white logo simply implies this is a new iteration of Umbrella -- one free from Wesker and Lord Spencer's plans. And since there's also evidence that Ethan may be a former Level 9 Umbrella scientist who faked his death to avoid the Spencer purge.

From RE5 journal: http://i.imgur.com/YXfwsLD.jpg

I'm guessing the reason that Ethan says, "Took you long enough," at the end is because at the beginning, he was on the phone with Umbrella. He's been expecting their backup.

In my opinion, the reason Hunk would lie about his identity is to convince Ethan to get on that chopper. Hunk is a ruthless assassin from the Wesker/Spencer era, and Ethan might not trust a guy like that, considering the kill order Spencer put on him, which we know from Resident Evil 5. Meanwhile, Chris Redfield is an internationally renowned B.O.W. anti-terrorism vet, who'll probably have name recognition even if people don't know his face. If Redfield is collaborating with the new Umbrella, it might give Ethan more reason to trust them.

We should also remember that both Ethan and Mia clearly exhibit advanced weapons training, as well as engineering and chemistry know-how in order to manufacture meds and ballistic ordnance. Ethan also exhibits extreme resistance to the E-series mind control, despite gaining all its other benefits. More strange, neither he, Mia, nor "Redfield" are alarmed that he's infected. I think Ethan is undoubtedly an AWOL Umbrella asset who's agreed to go back to work for them in exchange for their help extracting him and Mia from Dulvey.

Look, I admit this could just be a really lousy facial rendering of Chris Redfield by Capcom. But I think there's a lot of evidence to the contrary. So I'm really hoping this is a fake-out, and it's Hunk.

User Info: Hades192

Hades192
2 years ago#8
I think it's going to be Hunk, and he's going to be related to Chris; hence, "I'm Redfield!"

Just not Chris!

Chris is a Hero.

Hunk however is not! Though, maybe he (Hunk) and co blow the whistle on their clean up crew ways and decide to reform Umbrella.
Thus: Not a Hero

User Info: dbl219

dbl219
2 years ago#9
Hades192 posted...
I think it's going to be Hunk, and he's going to be related to Chris; hence, "I'm Redfield!"

Just not Chris!

This crossed my mind, too! I'm just worried that it'll come off a little silly if it's not executed properly. Instead of another sibling, I was thinking maybe a cousin, or perhaps a clone of the Redfields' father? Who knows?

User Info: siberian142

siberian142
2 years ago#10
dbl219 posted...
Deltron_Zero posted...

Er, if it's supposed to be a twist that it's not him, would they really spoil the twist by putting the character's real identity in the credits?

I'm reasonably certain the character is Hunk, Umbrella's wetworks man. Here's a photo comparison: http://i.imgur.com/0wJHkBd.jpg

He has all of Hunk's signature elements: he rides an Umbrella chopper; he appears wearing a gas mask; he's cold-blooded, saying to shoot Eveline on sight over the radio; he carries an anti-B.O.W. gun named after Albert Wesker of all people; and he looks far more like the one official image of Hunk than any image of Chris Redfield.

To me the blue-and-white logo simply implies this is a new iteration of Umbrella -- one free from Wesker and Lord Spencer's plans. And since there's also evidence that Ethan may be a former Level 9 Umbrella scientist who faked his death to avoid the Spencer purge.

From RE5 journal: http://i.imgur.com/YXfwsLD.jpg

I'm guessing the reason that Ethan says, "Took you long enough," at the end is because at the beginning, he was on the phone with Umbrella. He's been expecting their backup.

In my opinion, the reason Hunk would lie about his identity is to convince Ethan to get on that chopper. Hunk is a ruthless assassin from the Wesker/Spencer era, and Ethan might not trust a guy like that, considering the kill order Spencer put on him, which we know from Resident Evil 5. Meanwhile, Chris Redfield is an internationally renowned B.O.W. anti-terrorism vet, who'll probably have name recognition even if people don't know his face. If Redfield is collaborating with the new Umbrella, it might give Ethan more reason to trust them.

We should also remember that both Ethan and Mia clearly exhibit advanced weapons training, as well as engineering and chemistry know-how in order to manufacture meds and ballistic ordnance. Ethan also exhibits extreme resistance to the E-series mind control, despite gaining all its other benefits. More strange, neither he, Mia, nor "Redfield" are alarmed that he's infected. I think Ethan is undoubtedly an AWOL Umbrella asset who's agreed to go back to work for them in exchange for their help extracting him and Mia from Dulvey.

Look, I admit this could just be a really lousy facial rendering of Chris Redfield by Capcom. But I think there's a lot of evidence to the contrary. So I'm really hoping this is a fake-out, and it's Hunk.

Using logic doesn't work. Their response is going to be "why would they credit him as Chris Redfield if he's not?!"
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. "Not A Hero" DLC Implications *Spoilers*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers