• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. VR making anyone else sick?

User Info: GHofPersia

GHofPersia
4 years ago#1
I've been looking forward to this game ever since E3, but I only made it about 15 minutes before I started to feel seriously ill. I've played the demo through a few times before and I've never had any issues. I even put on the 30 degree turns option and it still didn't help.

Oh well, hopefully I get over it. Otherwise I'm stuck playing the game without VR or in very short bursts.
Gamertag: HeartyCorpse360
3DS FC: 0903 2739 5683

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
4 years ago#2
VR makes me ill too.
Currently Playing: who the **** cares!?
Rest In Peace Jess. 2008-2016.

User Info: TonyRodrigues76

TonyRodrigues76
4 years ago#3
I played in vr for the first 30 mins then I felt seriously ill then I took the helmet off. Later about a hour later managed to play for another hour straight. I took off the vr guide thing that seemed to help me.

User Info: lionhartwolf

lionhartwolf
4 years ago#4
It seems like I hear about motion sickness more from people that use the blinking movements instead of the smooth. Personally, I cant stand it.

User Info: Bradk72186

Bradk72186
4 years ago#5
I dont have PSVR but Im still experiencing a lot of motion sickness while playing more than 15 mins. Ive never experienced this w any other game and Im 30 yrs old so it has to be something w how the game was made. So its not just the VR aspect thats causing it.

User Info: true_horror

true_horror
4 years ago#6
used to. but i trained myself and now I'm can play without getting sick

User Info: CloudyKuchiki

CloudyKuchiki
4 years ago#7
Doesn't it say that you can turn off the head Bob in the options menu? Maybe that's what is making you guys ill. I'm playing it without VR.
I am the devil, and I am here to do the devil's work

User Info: headsh0t79

headsh0t79
4 years ago#8
There are options not available in VR including head bobbing.

I think the key is to try and avoid using R3 to turn unless you absolutely have to and just rely on using your head to look around and steer.

I was horrified to discover I was among the minority that suffer from VR gaming but I believe it can be overcome with time. The nausea hit me within 10 minutes after playing the Beginning Hour demo. I'm pretty sure thebest options are to play standing up and to use the default 30 degree incremental rotation.

Last night I was rather impressed that I managed to play the game 90 minutes before I started feeling queasy. Makes me believe I'm building a tolerance to it.

I also stocked up on ginger ale as I heard ginger is good for relieving motion sickness. Maybe I'll get some ginger biscuits too lol.

User Info: besheldon

besheldon
4 years ago#9
Rigs and battle zone made me INSTANTLY sick, this game I am 100% ok with, I have it set to 30 degrees as well...its amazing though. This is game i had been waiting for with VR
PSN - shelmoon

User Info: headsh0t79

headsh0t79
4 years ago#10
Haha the RIGS demo was the first time I felt VR sickness. It put me off buying the game for sure lol. I managed to play through the Battlezone demo without any problems though.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. VR making anyone else sick?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A