• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. Details from Biohazard France

User Info: GaspenPayne

GaspenPayne
2 years ago#1
http://www.biohazardfrance.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=103741#p103741

The demo that some journalists been playing recently takes place in chapter 3 of the game;
You can find a newspaper article about the dissappearence of people in the Dulvey area, and it was written by Alyssa Ashcroft from Outbreak;
Another file is a document signed by Clive O'Brian from Revelations;

Other files mentions strange incidents in a local church and a local hospital, as well as a boat that sunk in a river nearby;
There are checkpoints, but it's unknown if they are tied to the difficulty;
The Upgrade Cages are located in a trailer outside the house.
You find a backpack that increase your inventory size by 4 (to a total of 16 slots);
You need to solve a puzzle to acquire the shotgun;
You can also use the Chemical Fluid to repair items and photos (maps?) of hidden treasure;
The lockpicks can be used to open lockers and drawers for extra ammo and health items.
The telephone rings each time you complete an objective to get out of the house(unlocking doors for instance). The woman on the phone's identity is already known at this point in the game. If she's a returning character or if Ethan knows her is unkown.
After you use a key, there will be no prompt to discard it. It's unkown if said keys will be used later in the game.
Items hidden in baths are back.
I don't care if I face a red monkey or a yellow monkey...~Gaspen Payne, 2013

User Info: Alexandros_IXth

Alexandros_IXth
2 years ago#2
GaspenPayne posted...
written by Alyssa Ashcroft from Outbreak;

O.O

<3

Oh please let this be the tiniest hint that a new Outbreak could be a thing. I know, realistically it's no more than an Easter egg but don't play with my heartstrings like that CAPCOM.

User Info: Novamarine39887

Novamarine39887
2 years ago#3
GaspenPayne posted...
http://www.biohazardfrance.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=103741#p103741

The demo that some journalists been playing recently takes place in chapter 3 of the game;
You can find a newspaper article about the dissappearence of people in the Dulvey area, and it was written by Alyssa Ashcroft from Outbreak;
Another file is a document signed by Clive O'Brian from Revelations;

Other files mentions strange incidents in a local church and a local hospital, as well as a boat that sunk in a river nearby;
There are checkpoints, but it's unknown if they are tied to the difficulty;
The Upgrade Cages are located in a trailer outside the house.
You find a backpack that increase your inventory size by 4 (to a total of 16 slots);
You need to solve a puzzle to acquire the shotgun;
You can also use the Chemical Fluid to repair items and photos (maps?) of hidden treasure;
The lockpicks can be used to open lockers and drawers for extra ammo and health items.
The telephone rings each time you complete an objective to get out of the house(unlocking doors for instance). The woman on the phone's identity is already known at this point in the game. If she's a returning character or if Ethan knows her is unkown.
After you use a key, there will be no prompt to discard it. It's unkown if said keys will be used later in the game.
Items hidden in baths are back.

This is great stuff Gaspen, keep it coming : )
"I haven't lost an arm, brother. It's right over there."- Captain Alessio Cortez, Crimson Fists.
GT: Novamarine39887

User Info: Koncreet95

Koncreet95
2 years ago#4
Alyssa, huh? That's a really random character to make a nod to, but still kinda cool. It at least confirms that two of the Outbreak characters are now canon (the other being David).

As for the rest, the game is really shaping up for me. At least if it's a one-and-done game, that one sounds like it'll be fun.

User Info: Alexandros_IXth

Alexandros_IXth
2 years ago#5
Koncreet95 posted...
Alyssa, huh? It at least confirms that two of the Outbreak characters are now canon (the other being David).

It's nice to know some of them survived, yeah. Where was David confirmed?

User Info: Silca

Silca
2 years ago#6
I'm really falling in love with this game.

User Info: ZeroPhoenix94

ZeroPhoenix94
2 years ago#7
Wonder what O'Brian has to say and I wonder why the Bakers have a file signed by him in the first place.
I probably love the games that you hate.
XBL/PSN: ZeroPhoenix94

User Info: Koncreet95

Koncreet95
2 years ago#8
Alexandros_IXth posted...
Koncreet95 posted...
Alyssa, huh? It at least confirms that two of the Outbreak characters are now canon (the other being David).

It's nice to know some of them survived, yeah. Where was David confirmed?

The Nyx creature that he fights in the "End of the Road" scenario (where he is the main character) appears in Ada's Umbrella Chronicles scenario that was canon. I think it was something like an injury on the creature was present that David inflicted on it.

User Info: GaspenPayne

GaspenPayne
2 years ago#9
Full translation:

-Though the game has a 'progression flow' that's been confirmed, IE you walk to new locations and transition like in the older RE games, there is something of a chapter system, probably to help divide progress. The section of the game they played was a bit from Chapter 3. Apparently this is the segment most journalist played recently, as Chapter 3 starts off with the Baker Dinner Table scene.

-Interesting callback, there is a Newspaper Article about the rumors surrounding the Baker Plantation written by Alyssa Ashcroft, who was a playable reporter from Resident Evil Outbreak.

-Likewise, you can find a document signed by Clive O'Brian (from the first Resident Evil Revelations game)

-The trailer vehicle is apparently the 'shop' in the game, you can collect Old Coins from around the game, and use them to purchase permanent upgrades (either to skills like accuracy or health increase, etc.), or even new weapons (like a magnum is available in the section of the game they played). Trailer is also said to follow you through the game to different locations as the shop.

-You can find inventory slot upgrades for your backpack to give you more inventory space.

-To get the Shotgun, you need to solve an optional puzzle.

-Apparently there are insect enemies in the second location, smaller than typical RE fair but they do come at you, sometimes alone and sometimes in swarms. These include Bees, Spiders, & Centipedes.

-You can sharpen some weapons to give them increased piercing powers.

-There's different types of grenades you can craft from chemicals, including a sort of poison cloud grenade and a incendiary grenade.

-You can develop photos that show the locations of hidden treasures around the place.

-Lockpicks can be used to open up certain doors for shortcuts around the house, drawers and lockers with supplies in them, and such things.

-Every time you complete an objective, the telephone will ring for a bit for more dialogue with the mysterious caller who will reveal a bit more and give a clue for progression.

-You have a map in the game that your character updates details about as you progress ala Silent Hill.

-There is a classic "Item hidden in bathtub" scene.

-There is documents talking about the corruption of a local church and a hospital investigating into the weird mold around the city of Dulvey, Louisiana and its medical properties. Maybe we'll end up going to this church and hospital? There was also a note about a crashed boat which was stranded after a storm, and we already know we're going to that location in the game.

-You can find broken weapons that can be repaired.
I don't care if I face a red monkey or a yellow monkey...~Gaspen Payne, 2013

User Info: ZeroPhoenix94

ZeroPhoenix94
2 years ago#10
GaspenPayne posted...
-The trailer vehicle is apparently the 'shop' in the game, you can collect Old Coins from around the game, and use them to purchase permanent upgrades (either to skills like accuracy or health increase, etc.), or even new weapons (like a magnum is available in the section of the game they played). Trailer is also said to follow you through the game to different locations as the shop.

Plot twist, the Merchant from RE4 owns the trailer.
GaspenPayne posted...
To get the Shotgun, you need to solve an optional puzzle.

Ethan sandwich incoming.

GaspenPayne posted...
-You have a map in the game that your character updates details about as you progress ala Silent Hill.

This is great news.

GaspenPayne posted...
There is documents talking about the corruption of a local church and a hospital investigating into the weird mold around the city of Dulvey, Louisiana and its medical properties. Maybe we'll end up going to this church and hospital? There was also a note about a crashed boat which was stranded after a storm, and we already know we're going to that location in the game.

This could be foreshadowing future areas in the game. OR it could be foreshadowing a sequel. I'm fine with either. A church and a hospital plus the tense and isolated atmosphere this game already gives off? I'm preemptively horrified.
I probably love the games that you hate.
XBL/PSN: ZeroPhoenix94
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. Details from Biohazard France
  • Topic Archived