• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. First Person Shooter Garbage

User Info: chordwheel

chordwheel
4 years ago#1
why, Capcom? why?!

why not the traditional static camera a la RE-make? and maybe im judging too early, but the aesthetic / art direction doesn't have that elegant, dignified look to it.. and that may be due to the setting but still.. i'm getting a totally different vibe from what we've seen in the trailer and i'm not digging it. this is definitely not a good impression for me.

thoughts?

User Info: Spiritlittle

Spiritlittle
4 years ago#2
It never said it was a shooter. Just because it's first person doesn't mean it's a first person shooter
Official Raven of the Injustice 2 boards

User Info: chordwheel

chordwheel
4 years ago#3
Spiritlittle posted...
It never said it was a shooter. Just because it's first person doesn't mean it's a first person shooter

you know that's not what i'm talking about. the general perspective.

User Info: Spiritlittle

Spiritlittle
4 years ago#4
Condemned was first person and was great and scary
P.T. was great and first person

Don't knock it quite yet.
Official Raven of the Injustice 2 boards

User Info: WhnNinjasAtk

WhnNinjasAtk
4 years ago#5
chordwheel posted...

and maybe im judging too early

Yep

/thread

User Info: TheLazyClown

TheLazyClown
4 years ago#6
Spiritlittle posted...
Condemned was first person and was great and scary
P.T. was great and first person

Don't knock it quite yet.

This is Resident Evil, the completely and utter most opposite of those 2 games.
Not changing this sig until Attack on Titan season 2 and Sword Art Online 3 are released.
Donald Trump or Gary Johnson. It's anyone but Hillary | #NeverHillary

User Info: ChrisHanson24

ChrisHanson24
4 years ago#7
I thought it was a stupid, contrived trailer, s***ty music. I don't believe games should be presented like they're some kind of oddball Indie film.

User Info: Vergil92

Vergil92
4 years ago#8
chordwheel posted...
why, Capcom? why?!

why not the traditional static camera a la RE-make? and maybe im judging too early, but the aesthetic / art direction doesn't have that elegant, dignified look to it.. and that may be due to the setting but still.. i'm getting a totally different vibe from what we've seen in the trailer and i'm not digging it. this is definitely not a good impression for me.

thoughts?

The static camera angles are never coming back. I really don't know why people keep convincing themselves otherwise. Seriously, not counting remakes/ports it's been what, like 14 years since Capcom had released a new Resident Evil that used them?

And yes, you are judging the game far too early.
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy

User Info: Abome

Abome
4 years ago#9
Vergil92 posted...
chordwheel posted...
why, Capcom? why?!

thoughts?

The static camera angles are never coming back. I really don't know why people keep convincing themselves otherwise. Seriously, not counting remakes/ports it's been what, like 14 years since Capcom had released a new Resident Evil that used them?

They came back in Lost in Nightmares already.

User Info: Vergil92

Vergil92
4 years ago#10
Abome posted...
Vergil92 posted...
chordwheel posted...
why, Capcom? why?!

thoughts?

They came back in Lost in Nightmares already.

As an Easter egg, not the camera angle in a full game.
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. First Person Shooter Garbage
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A