• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. best new game + gear?

User Info: lilaznboy77

lilaznboy77
3 months ago#1
I'm just at the part where you gotta get a piece of the giants chissel. I haven't played this game in months so I'm so rusty right now. I did some research on like whats new and whats to get.

Any advice though from the pros of gamefaqs on what armor and pommels I should get?
Seen there was like an ability to slow down time and Zeus' armor?
twitch.tv/villyp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvyOepI4V9k

User Info: chang3ling

chang3ling
3 months ago#2
There was an ability to slow time in the base game, via a Talisman. You can turn that Talisman into an Enchantment in NG+. Zues' armor is arguably the best in the game due to the huge DPS upgrade, but if you can't dodge/block than you just die a lot.

I used the same armor in NG+ as I did in NG. The caveat is that as I got a new NG+ Perfect rarity piece I would replace the old piece. I was able to 100% NG+ on Normal and NG++ on GMGoW without too much trouble.

I use the Valkyrie+ set, Retribution, and the Blade handle that gives the most Luck.
~The trance is the motion

lilaznboy77
3 months ago#3
yes. just realized I had that talisaman already haha. and how do i turn it into an enchantment?
how good is the valkyrie+ set, and why the most luck lmao
twitch.tv/villyp

User Info: chang3ling

chang3ling
3 months ago#4
lilaznboy77 posted...
yes. just realized I had that talisaman already haha. and how do i turn it into an enchantment?

You have to have the NG+ version maxed out, then you can buy the Enchantment from Brok/Sindri.

lilaznboy77 posted...
how good is the valkyrie+ set, and why the most luck lmao

Valkyrie+ set is the regular Valkyrie set with more stats. Luck because Luck determines how often things proc.
~The trance is the motion

User Info: GradeABrassiere

GradeABrassiere
3 months ago#5
Which blade handle give most luck?
La Brassiere

User Info: _Random___Name_

_Random___Name_
3 months ago#6
chang3ling posted...
Zues' armor is arguably the best in the game due to the huge DPS upgrade, but if you can't dodge/block than you just die a lot.

I enjoyed Zeus armor in the early going. I was trying to do a whole "challenge" play through of Zeus armor only but Musplehiem killed that on the survive 5 minutes normal challenge. Didn't touch it again until Sigrun. It can't be understated how nice it is to do a whole bar of damage with 1 cleave. I combined it with realm shift abilities and watched how that specific setup made for a speedy sigrun battle.

lilaznboy77
3 months ago#7
Can I get Zeus armor before beating new game +?

Just got the chisel and atreus is sick so I'm in helheim
twitch.tv/villyp

lilaznboy77
3 months ago#8
Bump
twitch.tv/villyp

User Info: GradeABrassiere

GradeABrassiere
3 months ago#9
You got that in ng+ not after ng+.
La Brassiere

User Info: Judge1219

Judge1219
3 months ago#10
I posted this a while back, I’ll paste it into this conversation as it might help you:

I’ve played through gmgow ng+ a few times now, the armor I’ve settled on is:

Sindri chest +
•andvari soul +
•heart of Vanaheim +
•winged chosen +

Valkyrie gauntlets +
•tyrs shard +
•tyrs armor rune +
•ancients rune +

Zeus waist
•kvasir enchantment +
•protection enchantment +
•travelers enchantment +

Talisman of realms +
•ivaldi enchantment+
•njords temporal stone +
•leviathans wake +

Forgotten grip of ages +
Grip of forgotten flame +

The thought behind this build is that it does everything fantastically well. Runic attacks are strong, have a chance to reset on kill, and the high luck stat keeps the protection buff up often when using them. The talisman is used to give you breathing space or set up runic attacks when swarmed by enemies. The waist allows you to deal some heavy melee damage when the runics are on Cooldown but the debuff is manageable enough to let you survive a few hits if you make a mistake.

While this build won’t give you the crazy damage the full Zeus build would, it is FAR safer to use, almost as effective at killing, and you could always just swap to the Zeus build specifically for valkyries.
PSN: RoyalDZ3
Steam ID: Royaldz
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. best new game + gear?
  • Topic Archived