• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. What are your biggest gripes?

User Info: Ohioguy1980

Ohioguy1980
3 months ago#1
I thought the game was amazing but....

1. Fast travel should have been “two way” way earlier.

2. Fast travel should have been “enter the portal, load, at your new destination”. The realm wandering for the portal to randomly appear was annoying. I literally wandered around for ten minutes before a portal appeared one time. I thought the game had glitched on me and I was stuck there.

3. The additional bonus of skills had way too high of requirements that could only be met with end game builds. Even then, some could only be met with stat specific or NG+ builds.

4. Converting experience to money should have been available in the normal game. There was a huge balance issue with giving you way too much experience and not enough money. I felt this way and I ran with a high luck build the whole game so it would have been even worse without it.

5. All but the rarest mats should have been available to buy in the shops. The few resources you were able to buy came too late, were too expensive and were resources you likely had tons of already. (at least I did). Muspelheim and Niflheim farming was easy but boring and tedious.

6. Difficulty. 99% of games don’t know how to do difficulty settings. Giving the enemies insane health and strength is cheap and lazy. Being one shotted while having to spend way too long to whittle health is just an annoyance over difficulty. Make the enemies a little faster, have better reactions, better fighting skills, improved moves, etc.

7. You should have been able to “reskin” your armors.

8. NG+ should have given you an option to leave your completion % in tact. I was going to do a NG+ GMGOW run but seeing that I would have to collect everything again really turned me off. Games with NG+ should take inspiration from the “Tales” series in that you have various NG+ features to choose from.

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
3 months ago#2
Too many characters/areas mentioned, but never shown.

Really makes this game seen like a 20 hour trailer for a sequel imo
Do you like polls?? We have new ones every day: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1475-always-making-polls
*Currently seeking poll makers and topic bumpers*

User Info: Elemenope

Elemenope
3 months ago#3
I hate how when I hit an enemy in the face with a light axe throw and it makes them spin around, Atreus always runs over as fast as he can and trips them so I cannot hit them in the back anymore to fill their stun meter. The only way to make him not to it is to command him to shoot arrows at them instead

User Info: FreeMan5407

FreeMan5407
3 months ago#4
My only issues is how brutal and unbalanced is GMGOW at the start of the game and the lack of aerial combat

I know they want a different experience compare to the previous games , because of the new camera and lack of a specific jump button not counting rage, they want a more intimate, immersive , intense and grounded combat , but aerial will add depth and fun, so one way to do it is adding a launch and jump at the end of a specific kinda of difficult to do combo , this will add a new layer of combat , rewarding good players and making the normal dodge more useful while keeping the formula almost the same
The Witcher 3 , Bloodborne and God of War are the best games of this gen

User Info: Ohioguy1980

Ohioguy1980
3 months ago#5
GMGOW is definitely more challenging in the beginning and mostly balances out toward the end as enemies reach level caps early while you continue to grow. They still will have increased stats versus the same level enemies on the lower difficulties.

Speaking of which, I forgot to mention the whole level system. I think the sequel either needs real levels through experience or do away with the current system which is very dumb. Levels are based on equipment rarity and, even without an increase in stats, being a higher level through gear will allow you to take and dish out more damage. Why? I was at one point just a little away from being level six. There was a challenge that had level 7 revenants in one part. They could nearly one shot me and I wasn’t doing much damage to them. I pumped up my stats through enchantments and it made a little difference but they were still very tough. I got new epic armors that were on par without upgrades to my fully upgraded stuff with enchanments. I change into that and put on some epic enchantments with better abilities. Now my stats are still about the same or just now very slightly better but my level is now 7. The level 7 revenants were like a standard enemy now. Very stupid level system to have it affect damage input/output despite your stats.

User Info: SBK91

SBK91
3 months ago#6
-It isn't GoW and is blatantly trying to be Souls/Nioh.
-Literally the worst camera and RPG mechanics in the genre if not video games period.
-Cooldowns suck ass and gimped the normal movesets.
-Combat is heavily balanced around Boi's elemental arrows which can shutdown whole fields at once.
-Mobility is trash, no jumping and directional blocking turns group fights into clusterf***s.
-Copypasta and padding to the extreme.
-Color coded enemies.
-Tryhard difficulty.
-Walkie talkie nonsense.
-Less weapons than GoW2 and 3.
-They stealth nerf s*** in patches.
-The TPS elements are a joke and were done better in Transformer's: Devastation (a licensed budget game).
-Get tired of hearing about its pretentious story which is SJW infused capes*** with a Norse coating.
-The boat is abysmal.
-Hiding the real highest setting behind NG+.

User Info: Mediocre_Dunce

Mediocre_Dunce
3 months ago#7
-Literally the worst camera and RPG mechanics in the genre if not video games period.
That some nice sweet juicy gigatosis!
Mario Kart 8 HD, 4.9 GIGS! 500 hour game! Do the math!
- awesomenintendo

User Info: Newbius

Newbius
3 months ago#8
SBK91 posted...
-It isn't GoW and is blatantly trying to be Souls/Nioh.
-Cooldowns suck ass and gimped the normal movesets.
-Combat is heavily balanced around Boi's elemental arrows which can shutdown whole fields at once.
-Mobility is trash, no jumping and directional blocking turns group fights into clusterf***s.
-Copypasta and padding to the extreme.
-Color coded enemies.
-Tryhard difficulty.
-Walkie talkie nonsense.
-Less weapons than GoW2 and 3.
-They stealth nerf s*** in patches.
-The TPS elements are a joke and were done better in Transformer's: Devastation (a licensed budget game).
-Get tired of hearing about its pretentious story which is SJW infused capes*** with a Norse coating.
-The boat is abysmal.
-Hiding the real highest setting behind NG+.

User Info: coolblackknight

coolblackknight
3 months ago#9
My biggest gripe is, I gotta wait for the sequel... HURRY Santa Monica Studio!1!!

"Handle yo Scandal !!!"

User Info: kelvingabaldonc

kelvingabaldonc
3 months ago#10
No boots or greaves. I want more armor & enchantment slots!
Kelvin G.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. What are your biggest gripes?
  • Topic Archived