• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. I'm playing it and... it's not that good ;/

User Info: ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan
3 months ago#141
FreeMan5407 posted...
Artesal posted...
Yes, gratz to the Sony for paying for an award.

Maybe it won because it was the better game

Better is subjective. As I've said before, modern gamers have become accustomed to dining on a steady diet of s*** sandwiches by being complacent and apathetic.

If people stopped buying all the clones, knockoffs, sequels, prequels, reboots and remakes then maybe these companies would have to truly innovate and not simply cut and paste and call it a day.

Until that happens we're stuck with the mediocre, mundane, repetitive and tired yet tried and true formulas that they shove down our throats year in and year out.
I'm not loyal to any company or brand, especially the Cult Of Houser(GTA games) or Sony(PS3/PS4/etc). Defending corporations is absurd.

User Info: FreeMan5407

FreeMan5407
3 months ago#142
ThrillKillFan posted...
FreeMan5407 posted...
Artesal posted...
Yes, gratz to the Sony for paying for an award.

Maybe it won because it was the better game

Better is subjective. As I've said before, modern gamers have become accustomed to dining on a steady diet of s*** sandwiches by being complacent and apathetic.

If people stopped buying all the clones, knockoffs, sequels, prequels, reboots and remakes then maybe these companies would have to truly innovate and not simply cut and paste and call it a day.

Until that happens we're stuck with the mediocre, mundane, repetitive and tired yet tried and true formulas that they shove down our throats year in and year out.

There is plenty of games out there that tried different things , not without forgetting plenty of phenomenal games

I found your post hilarious considering GOW 2018 could be the same game for the 7th ?time while still being a cheap copy of Devil May Cry, so the things you said doesn't apply on the new GOW

Also a game doesn't have to be innovative to be great and fun
The Witcher 3 , Bloodborne and God of War are the best games of this gen

User Info: SBK91

SBK91
3 months ago#143
FreeMan5407 posted...
I found your post hilarious considering GOW 2018 could be the same game for the 7th ?

Please explain how Ascension is 'the same game' as GoW2.

while still being a cheap copy of Devil May Cry

You don't know s*** about DMC's or original GoW's gameplay beyond surface level. Prove me wrong.

FreeMan5407
3 months ago#144
SBK91 posted...
FreeMan5407 posted...
I found your post hilarious considering GOW 2018 could be the same game for the 7th ?

Please explain how Ascension is 'the same game' as GoW2.

while still being a cheap copy of Devil May Cry

You don't know s*** about DMC's or original GoW's gameplay beyond surface level. Prove me wrong.

GoW 2 and GoW "Ass" , got the same core mechanics , hackNslash , doing combos , launching enemies in the air all while trying too looks cool, QTE , platforming, puzzles, con traptions ,lot of gore and nudity, and unless you are not playing on the highest difficulty both are button mashers to the core, the formula is the same

As for the DMC and GOW comparison the same can be say , the only difference Devil May Cry are usually harder , got more depth, movesets/combo and is way faster , GOW is more epic and somehow more brutal (,and one of the mayor difference in combat is the QTE and grab) ,got more emphasis on puzzles and platforming, better story and better character IMO and with a higher production value thats why people prefer the GOW series over DMC because is more accesible

User Info: SBK91

SBK91
3 months ago#145
FreeMan5407 posted...
GoW 2 and GoW "Ass" , got the same core mechanics

Ascension doesn't even use the same magic nor Rage system, has cooldowns, stun states, World Weapons, tons of changes to the base Blades moveset and collisions that don't scale with Armor%. They are noticeably different and play different. SP wasn't even the focus of Ascension.

unless you are not playing on the highest difficulty both are button mashers to the core

Like DMC?

>games in the same genre are similar

No f***ing s***?

the only difference Devil May Cry are usually harder , got more depth, movesets/combo and is way faster

You really have no idea what you're talking about, but I shouldn't expect anything different from a casual. DMC3 and 4 are about constant offense using twitch reactions to avoid damage against generally squishy foes (if not immediately then after removing their shield), GoW is more about playing cheap, going for quick kills, using the environment, etc against enemies that tend to have more super armor (to encourage grabbing). Even how they approach their higher settings is drastically different (with DMC not really providing workarounds *or benefits* for them).

better story and better character

The storytelling in both of them and nu GoW is gutter trash and a non-factor.

FreeMan5407
3 months ago#146
SBK91 posted...
FreeMan5407 posted...
GoW 2 and GoW "Ass" , got the same core mechanics

Ascension doesn't even use the same magic nor Rage system, has cooldowns, stun states, World Weapons, tons of changes to the base Blades moveset and collisions that don't scale with Armor%. They are noticeably different and play different. SP wasn't even the focus of Ascension.

unless you are not playing on the highest difficulty both are button mashers to the core

Like DMC?

>games in the same genre are similar

No f***ing s***?

the only difference Devil May Cry are usually harder , got more depth, movesets/combo and is way faster

You really have no idea what you're talking about, but I shouldn't expect anything different from a casual. DMC3 and 4 are about constant offense using twitch reactions to avoid damage against generally squishy foes (if not immediately then after removing their shield), GoW is more about playing cheap, going for quick kills, using the environment, etc against enemies that tend to have more super armor (to encourage grabbing). Even how they approach their higher settings is drastically different (with DMC not really providing workarounds *or benefits* for them).

better story and better character

The storytelling in both of them and nu GoW is gutter trash and a non-factor.

Jajajaja thats what i said in terms of the difference

Also do you seriously button- mashed your way Devil May Cry 3 the first version and Devil May Cry 4 with Nero/Dante , found that very hard to believe
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. I'm playing it and... it's not that good ;/
  • Topic Archived