• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. I'm playing it and... it's not that good ;/

User Info: Artesal

Artesal
4 months ago#1
Yeah, I'm not far ahead (reached Alhfeim or whatever its called) but I'm having some problems.

I finished all Souls games, Mega Man games and other hard games, but I'm having hard time during combat. Something jut feels off. Often I can't tell when to dodge, when to blokck, the camera is too close to me, enemies hit you behind your back and it's all little laggy. It's so frustrating. I hate fighting in this game.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

The story and dialogue is... mediocre. Which surprised me. The graphics are uneven. There's so much weird sidequests, like 5 ghosts to be found, 9 dragons, 50 runes and 100 Odyn things. Menu and the equipment/leveling up submenus are too cluttered.

Why the camera is so close? Why this game drags on so much? I just checked walktrough to see where I am at... and i was just floored. What the hell. Is this game 30 hours?! Terrible.

I wanna like it because there ARE good moments. Exploring Lake of the Nine and other areas is cool but then the fight comes and I don't have much fun. Which is weird in a freakin GoW game. It feels like Ubisoft made this game.

User Info: FreeMan5407

FreeMan5407
4 months ago#2
0/10 attempt
The Witcher 3 , Bloodborne and God of War are the best games of this gen

User Info: Berating

Berating
4 months ago#3
take a step back, relax. the game is good, you're just frustrated atm which is fine

i've played and finished all the souls games too and this game was kicking my ass at the start, on normal. read through some of the non spoiler topics on this board and reacquaint yourself with the game and the controls
"...and until you've seen a blind kid trying to hide from dragons in an open field, you haven't seen anything..."

Artesal
4 months ago#4
FreeMan5407 posted...
0/10 attempt

quality post you got there, buddy

Berating posted...
take a step back, relax. the game is good, you're just frustrated atm which is fine

i've played and finished all the souls games too and this game was kicking my ass at the start, on normal. read through some of the non spoiler topics on this board and reacquaint yourself with the game and the controls

Yeah, I'll try. But it does feel like the game drags on too much. It hurts pace of the game.

User Info: Darkinsanity1

Darkinsanity1
4 months ago#5
I've played through it 4 times or so now, and my first time through I can't say I disliked it or anything but I certainly felt like I wasn't very good at the game, and didn't pick up some elements until my 2nd or 3rd playthrough.

But I'm pretty good at it now and practice helped a lot, you can become pretty OP with runic spam builds and stuff too which motivated me.
Every time you read this, squirrels randomly burst into flames. Think of the squirrels.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Darkinsanity-1468/hero/1924799

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
4 months ago#6
Artesal posted...
I finished all Souls games, Mega Man games and other hard games

*topic list*
Do you like polls? Check this out: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1475-always-making-polls Multiple polls added every single day
>PSN- Lord_Wombat<

User Info: callipygias

callipygias
4 months ago#7
Artesal posted...
Yeah, I'm not far ahead (reached Alhfeim or whatever its called) but I'm having some problems.

I finished all Souls games, Mega Man games and other hard games, but I'm having hard time during combat. Something jut feels off. Often I can't tell when to dodge, when to blokck, the camera is too close to me, enemies hit you behind your back and it's all little laggy. It's so frustrating. I hate fighting in this game.

The story and dialogue is... mediocre. Which surprised me. The graphics are uneven. There's so much weird sidequests, like 5 ghosts to be found, 9 dragons, 50 runes and 100 Odyn things. Menu and the equipment/leveling up submenus are too cluttered.

Why the camera is so close? Why this game drags on so much? I just checked walktrough to see where I am at... and i was just floored. What the hell. Is this game 30 hours?! Terrible.

I wanna like it because there ARE good moments. Exploring Lake of the Nine and other areas is cool but then the fight comes and I don't have much fun. Which is weird in a freakin GoW game. It feels like Ubisoft made this game.
The camera being so close definitely sucks. Played quite a while before I stopped noticing.
I.D. callipygias
Pawn: Honeypot

User Info: Mohan101

Mohan101
4 months ago#8
Artesal posted...

There are only 3 dragons as sidequests in the game...

User Info: Mohan101

Mohan101
4 months ago#9
Anyways, try to look up some walkthroughs. This is understandable if you're from the Souls series. Some of my friends who have recently played had tough time getting used it, but they eventually started loving it.

I recommend checking your move list and testing them out in an open space with no enemies, and see which moves you like best.
Be sure to level up Atreus and use him a ton too, he is very helpful

Artesal
4 months ago#10
Lord_Wombat posted...
Artesal posted...
I finished all Souls games, Mega Man games and other hard games

*topic list*

what

Mohan101 posted...
Anyways, try to look up some walkthroughs. This is understandable if you're from the Souls series. Some of my friends who have recently played had tough time getting used it, but they eventually started loving it.

I recommend checking your move list and testing them out in an open space with no enemies, and see which moves you like best.
Be sure to level up Atreus and use him a ton too, he is very helpful

I entered the Mountain this morning and honestly I think Im just gonna return the game. There are too many annoying enemies (the teleporting witch and others), Kratos is slow in fight and the slow pace of this game irritates me. It should be more like 15 hours game, not stretched to 30.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. I'm playing it and... it's not that good ;/
  • Topic Archived