Played on Resolution Mode my whole first playthrough........

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. Played on Resolution Mode my whole first playthrough........

User Info: KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon
3 weeks ago#1
Then I swapped to Performance mode wondering if it turned down the Frame rate because gow difficulty kept kicking me in the teeth and found out it did turn down the frame rate and now I'm kicking myself in the head for ever bothering to swap. Frame Rate will always be better than Resolution. Now I get to play gow difficulty in 60fps..... and still probably get kicked in the teeth. At least it'll look better.

User Info: Ataor

Ataor
3 weeks ago#2
Dude, it's not E-sport, it's gow. Here you die cause you did something wrong, not cause framerate dropped and you didn't managed to land and headshot. Besides, you gonna die a lot on higher difficulties, simply because you don't have the abilities to counter them, until way later in story. Gow really starts to feel like gow, only near end of the game, when you unlock all abilities, until then all you can do is run away and spam Atreus and axe throws.

KurashiDragon
3 weeks ago#3
Ataor posted...
Dude, it's not E-sport, it's gow. Here you die cause you did something wrong, not cause framerate dropped and you didn't managed to land and headshot. Besides, you gonna die a lot on higher difficulties, simply because you don't have the abilities to counter them, until way later in story. Gow really starts to feel like gow, only near end of the game, when you unlock all abilities, until then all you can do is run away and spam Atreus and axe throws.

I'm complaining about my changing the mode in the first place, not that it killed me. 60fps is far smoother and more comfortable than a higher resolution and I'll always have a preference for it. I just didn't realize how bad resolution mode made the frame rate for my entire first playthrough until I swapped it just to see if it did which is did. It's always been a comfort thing. I still die alot even in performance mode. That hasn't changed and I didn't expect it to. Also, I'm playing on NG+ so I already have all the abilities unlocked. *Apart from Atreus' special arrows*

User Info: coolblackknight

coolblackknight
3 weeks ago#4
Resolution mode plays ok for me, no issues...

In general with games like this(hack n slash), performance would be the preference but because this isn't "precision twitch based" like say a NG or DMC, the response time is acceptable for me...

Plus it just looks gorgeous on my LG 65" 4k HDR.

~Emotions are the fuel, scientific methods are the vehicle, and TRUTH is the destination~

User Info: FGAssassinMit

FGAssassinMit
3 weeks ago#5
I've played a lot on both. I started on Performance, but I didn't like it. It's not a consistent frame rate and it doesn't really get to 60 FPS. I liked Resolution. It kept a consistent 30 FPS and looked damn good.

When I played on GMGOW I did switch back to Performance, but overall I prefer Resolution. To me it feels and looks better, but thats just my preference.
PSN-griffyrules915

User Info: Ataor

Ataor
3 weeks ago#6
I haven't noticed any difference at all. The game gorgeous either way. Though this is probably because I'm still playing the old games from 2000, like thief, system shock, neverwinter nights etc. So pretty much every new game looks awesome to me. I'm more picky when it comes to the gameplay aspects, on visuals I pay close to none attention.

KurashiDragon
3 weeks ago#7
Initially I didn't notice frame rate when I was introduced to this whole graphics argument the ps3 started either. I only began to notice it after finally deciding to take a side on it. I like when things look smooth. I don't really notice the quality increase that much after 1080 but 30 to 60 fps is something I'll pick up on quite easily if I'm looking for it. Game looks good either way to me so it's really just a matter of how things move around.

User Info: DeepThroat0

DeepThroat0
3 weeks ago#8
Ataor posted...

This completely. The first 6-10 hours of this game is horribly designed. Once you can actually fight it gets better. Until then level up atreus.
Gamefaqs' mobile ads are horrible.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. Played on Resolution Mode my whole first playthrough........
  • Topic Archived