I'm glad they got rid of the platforming

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. I'm glad they got rid of the platforming

User Info: ClarkyMalarky

ClarkyMalarky
2 months ago#31
OlendraDivine posted...
Mediocre_Dunce posted...
Yeah, it does look like platforming in action games tends to suck.

I thought Pitioss Ruins in FFXV was the masterpiece in an otherwise mediocre action game.

FFXV isn't an action game, it's an adventure/rpg...

User Info: LordNobunaga

LordNobunaga
2 months ago#32
gotta admit, looking back it's really jarring to see Kratos hopping on platforms like he's f****** Jak from Jak and Daxter
Nemesis (Smite) is my waifu.
I livestream on PS4. The name is spunkyhusky on Twitch, CommElite on Youtube

User Info: lnfinity_Divide

lnfinity_Divide
2 months ago#33
I’m also glad they got rid of a part of the game where you had to pay attention. Nothing like holding up and pressing O when the big prompt comes up!

User Info: Duey

Duey
2 months ago#34
Funny that you get comments like this yet people got hella upset when KH dropped all forms of actual level design for flat surfaces in KH2 yet in KH3 it's being brought back and everyone is cheering.

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
2 months ago#35
Duey posted...
Funny that you get comments like this yet people got hella upset when KH dropped all forms of actual level design for flat surfaces in KH2 yet in KH3 it's being brought back and everyone is cheering.

Well, it depends on context and thematic appeal of a game. I found the 1st Kingdom Hearts a bit of a chore due to the platforming, which I am glad was gone in KH2. For KH3 though, it seems that the platforming itself will be a part of combat and fast traversal, not being terrain just for the sake of it.
I wish I could control all the elements of the world... then I wouldn't need a job.

User Info: Goldman2123

Goldman2123
2 months ago#36
I don't understand why people complain this GoW isn't the same.

Like read the F'ing title, it's not GoW4 for a reason....

If you don't like this one, then go play the other 3.

The old style of GoW is not gonna come back. This new GoW out sold all the others, it's here to stay.

User Info: Duey

Duey
2 months ago#37
Goldman2123 posted...
I don't understand why people complain this GoW isn't the same.

Like read the F'ing title, it's not GoW4 for a reason....

If you don't like this one, then go play the other 3.

The old style of GoW is not gonna come back. This new GoW out sold all the others, it's here to stay.

I'm gonna remember comments such as this 3 entries deep with the following release departing even further from the series comes around with everyone then s***ting on The God of Us:Prepare to die Edition.

User Info: Veladus

Veladus
2 months ago#38
lnfinity_Divide posted...
I’m also glad they got rid of a part of the game where you had to pay attention. Nothing like holding up and pressing O when the big prompt comes up!
"SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE" - Soulsborne fans on the topic of every non-soulsborne game

User Info: ClarkyMalarky

ClarkyMalarky
2 months ago#39
The people whining that platforming is gone can play Fez. The creator is a whiny b**** like them so they'll find some solace.

User Info: Veladus

Veladus
2 months ago#40
ClarkyMalarky posted...
The people whining that platforming is gone can play Fez. The creator is a whiny b**** like them so they'll find some solace.

Oh hey, an Internet tough guy. That's new.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get to have sex someday.

Not CONSENSUAL I'm sure, but...
"SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE" - Soulsborne fans on the topic of every non-soulsborne game
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. I'm glad they got rid of the platforming

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived