Would they be bold enough to do God of War in biblical terms?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. Would they be bold enough to do God of War in biblical terms?

User Info: Waytoodeep03

Waytoodeep03
5 months ago#1
Or would that be too much for America? Especially Bible belt families.

User Info: D_Gryphon

D_Gryphon
5 months ago#2
That would be pretty spicy haha
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_makswxJyQk1qg4blro1_500.gif

User Info: Lazz3k

Lazz3k
5 months ago#3
Would be a best seller. Tho, likely boring. Only the 1 god to kill, and he doesnt show up for s***, except in rare occurences of burnt toast.

And if they went with the angel angle, would likely turn out to be a reskin of the valkyries.

User Info: hdx514

hdx514
5 months ago#4
Not a chance.

For those who remember, Santa Monica caved in and changed the name of trophy called "Bros before Hos" for killing one of the Fury sisters to "Bros before Foes" days after minor social media backlash.

They won't touch the Christian Bible with a 100ft Leviathan ax throw.

User Info: Boxcar1989

Boxcar1989
5 months ago#5
As a Christian myself, I can’t say I’d be thrilled about it but I also believe in creative freedom. So if this is something Santa Monica Studios wanted to do then it isn’t my place to tell them no.

Having said that, I just don’t see how it would really work. Unless it went the more catholism route, kind of like what Dante’s Inferno did with the circles of hell.

But I mean, hey it could work? This new God of War proved that Kratos isn’t all about killing anything in his way anymore.

User Info: Veladus

Veladus
5 months ago#6
Hard mode: Hindu GoW
Very Hard mode: JudeoChristian GoW
Will Be Beheaded For This mode: Islamic GoW
"SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE SOULBORNE" - Soulsborne fans on the topic of every non-soulsborne game

User Info: 8SaintWanderer

8SaintWanderer
5 months ago#7
The thing is The New Testament pretty much destroys Kratos as a concept, Kratos would convert in all likelihood. I like to think that after detroying most other pantheons, Kratos would eventually repent in the name of Jesus, we already see him in a very different light compared to the previous games, even towards the end of this new game, Kratos admits he's doing his best to be better than before.
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=NvWKBAfWFZs https://hooktube.com/watch?v=9vMxasYu9wk https://hooktube.com/watch?v=_SbklT5x_ss

User Info: AkimboSlice1

AkimboSlice1
5 months ago#8
No but it would be cool. I really like Christian Angel Hiearchy lore.

Would be cool to fight against a Cherubim but judging by how this game came out, we would probably just fight demon reskins.
Boy, read this.

User Info: SeathBlackheart

SeathBlackheart
5 months ago#9
I dont see Kratos killing Jesus as a good thing. Not because I care, but the total s*** storm it would bring, no thanks
"What? You mean I have to drink this coffee hot?!"

User Info: TheSuperGameGod

TheSuperGameGod
5 months ago#10
I'm just going to post a reply in this one thread; because I'm trying to abide with GameFaqs rules and stipulations.

The last time I posted a long message regarding the Bible, and though I wasn't the creator of that thread...and a moderator deleted the entire thread which had about 7-8 pages. They did this because apparently we're not supposed to discuss religion.

BTW, God is my Best Friend.

Have fun...

If you have any questions regarding the Bible or Christianity...you can always PM me.
Revelation 21:1-8 (King James Version)
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. Would they be bold enough to do God of War in biblical terms?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived