Biggest problem with this game. IMO

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. Biggest problem with this game. IMO

User Info: progamer2290

progamer2290
3 months ago#1
The fact that you can only interact with the environment when the game says you can! There are so many times when I want climb something or jump over something but you can’t because the games says so. It’s takes me out of it a little and is the only thing holding the game back from a 10/10 for me. Other than that the game is great solid 9.8/10 IMO

Edit: to fix this if they are going to block me off from something at least make it look like it’s impossible to climb up or jump over.

Thoughts?
THE GAME!
3DS FC: 3093-7069-3182 ---- Pokemon Sun IGN: Selene ---- Fire Emblem: Fates Castle Address 06969-68722-79344-17739 ----- Wii U ID: progamer2290

User Info: devilslain

devilslain
3 months ago#2
Yeah thats true at first i thought the game was glitched till i figured all enemies had to be killed first
Groovy
(message deleted)

progamer2290
3 months ago#4
devilslain posted...
Yeah thats true at first i thought the game was glitched till i figured all enemies had to be killed first

That’s not exactly what I’m talking about but that’s a fair point. One time I didn’t know why I couldn’t open a chest I didn’t even see know that an Enemy popped up.
THE GAME!
3DS FC: 3093-7069-3182 ---- Pokemon Sun IGN: Selene ---- Fire Emblem: Fates Castle Address 06969-68722-79344-17739 ----- Wii U ID: progamer2290

User Info: l Dudeboy l

l Dudeboy l
3 months ago#5
I had this problem when I went from playing Breath of the Wild to Horizon Zero Dawn.
You are now breathing manually.
Lets put a little lead in the air, and see what falls over.

progamer2290
3 months ago#6
l Dudeboy l posted...
I had this problem when I went from playing Breath of the Wild to Horizon Zero Dawn.

My friend said the same thing. He even stoped playing darkSouls because he could get the enemies weapon. Lol
THE GAME!

User Info: THuGNiFiCeNT651

THuGNiFiCeNT651
3 months ago#7
With all due respect your biggest problem with this game is the most minor of problems, actually. I'm sure you'd complain about how you got stuck between things if you were able to climb or jump where ever you wanted, and blame devs for lazy design. There's good reason why we, the user, aren't allowed access to certain areas because glitches, bugs and resources (Devs don't care to put in thousands of code just so you can explore behind that rock). It's your opinion, though, I just disagree with you.
PSN: THuGNiFiCeNT651
https://www.youtube.com/user/raulito651

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
3 months ago#8
progamer2290 posted...
The fact that you can only interact with the environment when the game says you can! There are so many times when I want climb something or jump over something but you can’t because the games says so. It’s takes me out of it a little and is the only thing holding the game back from a 10/10 for me. Other than that the game is great solid 9.8/10 IMO

Edit: to fix this if they are going to block me off from something at least make it look like it’s impossible to climb up or jump over.

Thoughts?

I cannot imagine THAT is your biggest problem.

But, I do agree. I hate static "prop set" environments in games.

I know the tech isn't really here to have that type of access AND such smooth gameplay/graphics, but some games out there have done much better.

It's especially disappointing since this is a single player game. There's far more assets to utilize.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: debriefing_aika

debriefing_aika
3 months ago#9
I hate how there is a clear 'climbable' mark and you see it but cannot interact (well you can if you drag a thing to climb up to it after a long side trip) but I keep thinking I can throw the boy up there or something - and this is made worse because you need to sweep the camera everywhere at different distance to make sure the prompt isn't hiding , there is a chain right there for the boy to kick down - are you sure you can't just throw him up there? I know what you are talking about though. worse for me is this is a zeldalike but does little to differentiate between what you need to come back for and what you can do now. I see a chest down there so obviously I can get down there at some point. can't I? is it a mechanic like hitting a brazier to melt rock that I can do now or is it something where I need to groom the boy with better arrows first?

yeah, some things here feel cheap and waste my time trying to get through when I can't and others I can get through are hidden and take a bit to figure out. the sap gates show up before you can open them, you still double bracket target lock on the detonator even though you can't use it. that is annoying and feels like the game doesn't care about the time I spent trying to open it.

on the whole, I am loving the game but anyone who says this is the greatest game ever made doesn't game much.
I ain't scared of the dark!...just ghosts.

User Info: FeralGhoul52

FeralGhoul52
3 months ago#10
It doesn't bother me. Saves me the trouble of climbing where there's nothing to be found. Do you really want to climb all over the place only to find a dead end?
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. Biggest problem with this game. IMO

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived