So was "spoilers" an illusion when Kratos goes home?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. So was "spoilers" an illusion when Kratos goes home?

User Info: ViewtifulGrave

ViewtifulGrave
5 months ago#1
Athena kind of just pops up. Kratos basically brushes her off, but its not the same situation with Zues in Hel. Mimir is not able to see or hear hear, but I think he was able to see and hear Zues.

So what do you guys think.
You enjoy teaching high schoolers, and I'll enjoy creating my crappy manga. Let's see where we both are in a year. TheDoorMouse
Update http://imgur.com/vz0c9xf

User Info: Dante1090

Dante1090
5 months ago#2
Athena as a figment of his imagination.

Zeus was a Illusion created by Hel.
3DS Friend Code: 2809-7878-7942

User Info: sirhett

sirhett
5 months ago#3
I think it's his past haunting him and him finally being able to let it go.
No use for a signature

User Info: arnsekar

arnsekar
5 months ago#4
i think it's up for interpretation. on whether or not you believe her to be "dead". (i know she's dead, but "true death") When she first appears, Kratos says her name before she appears, like he had prayed to her by reflex and called her forth. But it could also just be viewed as his past that he thought he outran, taunting him
Winter is Coming

User Info: ClarkyMalarky

ClarkyMalarky
5 months ago#5
Who cares? Sony is pulling everything out of their ass at this point.

User Info: rbs

rbs
5 months ago#6
Kratos has been spending however many years since GoW3 shutting down everything from his past and when he realizes he has to use the blades again everything rushes back.
Dante1090 posted...

And this is what I was getting from that whole thing too.
FC:5386-9752-6774 IGN: Rob
GT: robsalz

User Info: Hades192

Hades192
5 months ago#7
rbs posted...
Kratos has been spending however many years since GoW3 shutting down everything from his past and when he realizes he has to use the blades again everything rushes back.
Dante1090 posted...

And this is what I was getting from that whole thing too.

Which pretty much ties into his curse he could not shed from the previous games.
Everything he did was to be free of his memories which tormented Kratos indefinitely because he couldn't accept and take responsibility for his actions of pleading and pledging allegiance to a God.

A simple thought is enough to break a person which Kratos doesn't do in this game!

"Ignorance is bliss" - I've quit smoking time and time again but the sensation and desire to smoke has always remained present. It's a nightmare you just gotta accept will always come knocking from time to time.

I enjoyed this scene very much!

User Info: Veladus

Veladus
5 months ago#8
It's ambiguous, but I think she was actually there. She "survived" GoW3, so why wouldn't she still be around? And she was corrupted, so why wouldn't she still be a jackass? Kratos never hallucinates about anything else, so why her? And if he was going to hallucinate, again, why her? There's so many others that hold more meaning (both positive and negative).

Mimir didn't see her, but he's on the back of Kratos' belt. How the hell could he see her, whether she was there or not? And the game acknowledges Mimir having the field of view he does, as quite a few times in the game he asks to be shown what Kratos is looking at (to which Kratos takes him off his belt and holds him up front).

She could be a hallucination I guess, but there's nothing really supporting it.
Captain America is just like Hulk Hogan. Both tout the American flag, both were born in the 1920's, and both got their powers from a needle full of drugs.

User Info: MooreCoffee

MooreCoffee
5 months ago#9
It could be an illusion/hallucination, but it was still real to Kratos, so that makes her real.
PSN Ranger_Shuffle

User Info: BobbyBrownLove

BobbyBrownLove
5 months ago#10
Dante1090 posted...

Zeus was a Illusion created by Hel.

This.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. So was "spoilers" an illusion when Kratos goes home?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived