Looking for my "New Uncharted"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. Looking for my "New Uncharted"

User Info: 0Tolerence4dumb

0Tolerence4dumb
5 months ago#1
Now I realize that this is not a shooter, which I'm fine with, love me some fantasy. But I have played through all the Uncharted games and Tomb Raider games and I'm looking for a similar fix. This game looks like it has some sweet set pieces and good action. Even has an AI partner like Uncharted does. What do you think, would I get a similar thrill from this game??
Boom Baby!!!...

User Info: xjflyy

xjflyy
5 months ago#2
This game is really different from those two games, man obviously. I mean the only thing they share is they are a marvel to look at and they are PS exclusives. Well uncharted is and tomb raider used to be. This game plays more like dark souls or any other over the shoulder hack and slash with a deep story. If you don't like those type of games, it won't be worth picking up. It is by far a phenomenal game and deserves all its praise.

Edit: oh and they do share another thing. It's story driven lol.

User Info: Klop_Job

Klop_Job
5 months ago#3
Yeah this game is definitely for you. It's a mix of The Last of Us (child companion whom with you journey a vast distance together), Uncharted (lush environments, epic set pieces, puzzles, arduous environment traversal) and Tomb Raider (large quantity of regions/areas that you can back-track to, lots of blocked pathways and places that require a specific equipment threshold in order for you to access later on once said equipment has been retrieved). The combat is much more strategic however and there are various RPG-lite elements in terms of character progression.

The game is amazing though. A game with real passion and artistry put into it and you should get it regardless, and immediately.

User Info: Gamekiller_

Gamekiller_
5 months ago#4
0Tolerence4dumb posted...
Now I realize that this is not a shooter, which I'm fine with, love me some fantasy. But I have played through all the Uncharted games and Tomb Raider games and I'm looking for a similar fix. This game looks like it has some sweet set pieces and good action. Even has an AI partner like Uncharted does. What do you think, would I get a similar thrill from this game??

Get it. It seems you are interested as is.
DOING IN BIG!

0Tolerence4dumb
5 months ago#5
I'll pick it up next pay check. I haven't gotten a new game since Uncharted 4. I like the Witcher 3, but it is a very time consuming game. back when I had a lot of time on my hands, I really loved huge open world games, but lately I find myself really enjoying more focused, story driven games. I'll defs check this out.
Boom Baby!!!...

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
5 months ago#6
Seeing how this game is Uncharted in a God of War skin, I imagine you'll like it plenty.

User Info: TheBoss69er

TheBoss69er
5 months ago#7
0Tolerence4dumb posted...
I'll pick it up next pay check. I haven't gotten a new game since Uncharted 4. I like the Witcher 3, but it is a very time consuming game. back when I had a lot of time on my hands, I really loved huge open world games, but lately I find myself really enjoying more focused, story driven games. I'll defs check this out.

Yup this game is an absolute must. It will be years before a game makes this kind of impact again.

User Info: kingpin66636

kingpin66636
5 months ago#8
GoIrish80 posted...
Seeing how this game is Uncharted in a God of War skin, I imagine you'll like it plenty.

Toss in a helpful dose of last of us and your bang on. I don't get any souls vibes at all from this game, combat is nowhere near as good
I am not but my shadow, though my shadow be not shadow, but myself. The fool
$500 - $400 = $200 - Quincy2000a

User Info: GamingGod

GamingGod
5 months ago#9
kingpin66636 posted...
GoIrish80 posted...

Toss in a helpful dose of last of us and your bang on. I don't get any souls vibes at all from this game, combat is nowhere near as good

Combat is way better than souls when u to deeper into the game and unlock more stuff

When u get your full arsenal then it makes souls combat look like garbage
You want facts? I bring them

0Tolerence4dumb
5 months ago#10
I've never played Last of Us and I don't plan to. I grew out of zombies when I was in high school. And I have an irrational grudge with Naughty Dog for putting so much effort into LoU when all I wanted was more Uncharted. I know. I'm crazy.
Boom Baby!!!...
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. Looking for my "New Uncharted"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived