How much are you paying for this?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. How much are you paying for this?

User Info: tigerex777

tigerex777
3 months ago#1
10 PSN card from Sony rewards and 20% discount coupon brings it down to 38 for me.
i5 4670k @ 4.2ghz / 8GB DDR3 Ripjaws /ASUS GTX 970 OC /Cooler Master GX 750W /Cooler Master CM 690 ADVANCE II case /Asus 24' 144hz / Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 mobo

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
3 months ago#2
Will buy it used eventually for 15 bucks max.
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.

User Info: OlendraDivine

OlendraDivine
3 months ago#3
Raeng posted...

This.

The whole "twelve-yr-old boy alone in the wilderness with a fifty-yr-old man" has these fanboys drooling, but from what I've seen it doesn't look all that exciting.

User Info: Ninjamaster07

Ninjamaster07
3 months ago#4
Preordered the stone mason in January, so 149.99 plus tax I think? I paid it off a while ago
SFV: Guile, Boxer
DBF: Bardock, Cell, Goku Black

tigerex777
3 months ago#5
OlendraDivine posted...
Raeng posted...

This.

The whole "twelve-yr-old boy alone in the wilderness with a fifty-yr-old man" has these fanboys drooling, but from what I've seen it doesn't look all that exciting.

It looks freaking amazing. Can't wait
i5 4670k @ 4.2ghz / 8GB DDR3 Ripjaws /ASUS GTX 970 OC /Cooler Master GX 750W /Cooler Master CM 690 ADVANCE II case /Asus 24' 144hz / Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 mobo

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
3 months ago#6
I used GameStop credit to pay it off in full.
Dont give up , skeleton!
Far Cry 5, God of War

User Info: TheBloodyNine

TheBloodyNine
3 months ago#7
OlendraDivine posted...
Raeng posted...

This.

Yet, your here...4-5 days before release...
{}xxxxxxxxxxx{}::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> 'Pokey Pokey, Stab Stab'

tigerex777
3 months ago#8
TheBloodyNine posted...
OlendraDivine posted...
Raeng posted...

This.

Trust me, it's one of those weird psychological mysteries. I have absolutely no interest in the Switch so I don't hang around the Switch boards.

User Info: TheBloodyNine

TheBloodyNine
3 months ago#9
tigerex777 posted...
TheBloodyNine posted...
OlendraDivine posted...
Raeng posted...

This.

Trust me, it's one of those weird psychological mysteries. I have absolutely no interest in the Switch so I don't hang around the Switch boards.

I have absolutely no interest in FIFA games and I don't visit their boards.

I like FPS game but have no interest COD games, I don't visit their boards either.

Who are these people trying to kid lol.
{}xxxxxxxxxxx{}::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> 'Pokey Pokey, Stab Stab'

User Info: OlendraDivine

OlendraDivine
3 months ago#10
tigerex777 posted...
It looks freaking amazing. Can't wait

I'm not sure it has the detail of say, Uncharted, but it does have some moments of incredible cinematic appeal. I say moments because a lot of the environments are restricted by locations: linear caves, ruins, and mountainous paths. Of course, the game does have a few open environments (central hubs) this is where the game shows off its cinematic abilities (but these areas are few and far between)

The story is basically, Last of Us (strong father; naive son) Speaking of son... he's an annoying game mechanic. If he isn't nagging you from exploring, he's pointing out the most obvious details imaginable (he's the adage: it must be obvious day at Camp Stupid) No option to turn him off either (remember Windows paperclip?) You can add exp to his bow skill tree to make him somewhat more useful, but he's nonetheless a digital mosquito.

Combat is one of the biggest sources of dissension. The combat is slower and heavy. There is no combo system (some attributes allow extra hits but nothing even remotely close to predecessors) The shield can only block certain color-coded attacks (mainly trash mobs) Dodging and lock-on targeting is atrocious. Adjusting controls from hand-to-hand to throwing axe needs some tweaking, but tossing axe, fighting with fists, and the recalling axe is its saving grace. Some interesting mechanics around stun meter as well.

Camera can be unweilding and cumbersome at times. Gone is the legendary scale seen in original trilogy - most creatures are identical in size, with a few mini-bosses slightly bigger. A couple of truly fantastically-scaled bosses, but the combat against them isn't anywhere close to predecessors thus doesn't feel as epic. QTEs are gone - replaced with auto cinematic scenes.

Challenges of the Gods makes a return, but to actually be affective, you need to explore entire game map multiple times (favors, labors, and rifts) to find the rare mats to craft ultimate gear... otherwise you'll have zero chance.

TL:DR: I don't think it's a bad game at all, but the hype is definitely overblown - a lot of repetition.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. How much are you paying for this?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived