• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. Let's get serious! Who is Kratos son?

User Info: Zul_Khan

Zul_Khan
5 years ago#1
Let's state the facts guys. Cory Barlog stated that you play as Kratos the whole game and his son will tag along for the journey. So no Kratos son won't die in the beggining of the game sending Kratos on a rampage. Also do we really know the kid is Kratos son. Kratos calls him boy the whole game not son. There are 3 assumptions and I feel one has to be spot on. 1. Either Kratos becomes Odin later in the game and his so called son is Thor. Kratos does fit the profile of Odin and his son has lighting power. 2. Kratos son is Uller. In Norse mythology Uller is the God of winter, hand to hand combat, master hunter, uses a bow and his fathers name is not recorded. Let's not forget that in some pictures online Uller has red hair just like the boy. This makes sense because the whole trailer depicts winter and the kid even gets attribute points in archery. Not to mention his fathers name was never recorded. 3. The kid is Ragnarok. Prophecy scares Odin and Odin tries to have Kratos and his son killed. Who thinks they truly have the answer to the plot? Who can explain how Kratos has a axe that he can call to his hand just like Thor's hammer? I'm so hyped for this game. Come on guys who thinks they have this plot line in the bag? Let's come up with the plot together.

Zul_Khan
5 years ago#2
Nvm Cory Barlog directly states in a interview that the kid is Kratos son. Now blood related son is the real question. Could Kratos blood son actually be Thor ? Could Odin have taken Thor ? Could the kid have a different father ? Maybe Kratos has Thor's axe from before he was taken. Could Odin give Thor a all powerful hammer and have Thor kill Kratos?

User Info: UltraPlanet

UltraPlanet
5 years ago#3
Thor is the son of Odin, maybe the kid could be Loki?

User Info: Dark_N11

Dark_N11
5 years ago#4
I really hope he is Uller or Ragnarok the story will be more interesting.

User Info: UltraPlanet

UltraPlanet
5 years ago#5
Maybe the kid is Odin? That would be completely crazy and unexpected.

Zul_Khan
5 years ago#6
I cant see the kid being Odin. What story would they have to tell? Isnt Odin the all father. I believe that he would already have to exist. but I could be wrong. LOL Santa Monica will have everyone guessing until more information is leaked.

Zul_Khan
5 years ago#7
Here is another new and interesting theory.
Okay people im about to reveal my thoughts on the demo and its secrets,
in the begining the boy is playing with a THOR doll, he even says something about the hammer, i belive that the boy isnt really kratos son but is thors son magni,
why magni you ask? well magni had a great horse in norse mythology when the boy is entering the house he kicks a horse toy which the camera kinda stoped on as a hint like "look here MF". also, the boy calls kratos father but kratos couldnt have raised him from the start, if it were really kratos son he would be more hardened and disciplined and would have received a firm hand from the start which is the opposite of how the boy is.
im getting off topic but basically i believe the story will be about ragnarok, why? again in the begining in it mentions thors hammer and after ragnarok one of thors children is suppose to inherit the hammer.

Zul_Khan
5 years ago#8
Another theory. This one seems to almost be spot on.
If I were to speculate, judging by how the Norse myth goes, I would guess that the kid is probably Fenrir, the bringer of Ragnarok, and son of Loki.

Could this explain the horned figure in the robe following Kratos and the boy.

User Info: ViewtifulGrave

ViewtifulGrave
5 years ago#9
The kid calls Kratos father and has been stated to be his son.
When Kaidou fails to keep up with Luffy in their next fight remember this conversation - MrDrMan

Zul_Khan
5 years ago#10
But is it Kratos blood son? It doesn't feel like he raised this kid from the beggining.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War
  3. Let's get serious! Who is Kratos son?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A