• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Surge
  3. Does anyone know the exact value for implants that affect blocking?

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
4 months ago#1
I mean the ones that reduce stamina drain on block, or grant energy on block.

I was testing them some and the results seemed a little surprising.

So I became curious what their actual values are, and how they stack.

I also wish I remembered what episode in the episodic DLC had the higher tier stamina reduction on block one.

But I was testing on the miniboss in episode 8, the downward swing they do after a slide. I blocked that a bunch, and the results I got were:

Base stamina drain: 85
With gyro-stabilizer v2: 61, and with 2: 38
With stronger one I forget the version of from the DLC: 46
Weak combo implant that grants energy and reduces stamina drain: 69
With strong combo one: 54
With strong combo and gyro-stabilizer v2: 31
With strong combo and strong gyro-stabilizer: 15
With strong combo and weak combo: 38
Three gyro-stabilizer v2s, a strong one, and strong combo: 8

For energy gain on the same attack:

Just the basic energy one from the base game: 18
Weak DLC combo of stamina and energy implant: 13
Strong combo one: 25
Weak and strong combo ones together: 36
All 3 together: 54

For energy absorption they seem to stack almost additively, but not quite.

Stamina though, I dunno. One of the stronger energy gain + stamina reduction from the DLC + a strong gyro-stabilizer seems the most efficient though, assuming these are % reductions and not some weird attack/defense style damage formulas where when the stamina drain value gets significantly higher, the returns in reducing it will get much worse without ramping up your implants.
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)

Tmk
4 months ago#2
I got another one of those stronger combo ones, which now for some reason is granting 30 energy from blocking that attack instead of 25, and when I equip two, it grants me...60.

o_o

From one attack...

Shame like 30% of the attacks in this game that aren't from a basic enemy are unblockable for no apparent reason.

Tmk
4 months ago#3
Man this game is so boneheadedly balanced it's painful.

There's an implant that raises your defense at high energy. So I tested it with those annoying jumpy robots, their leaping attack specifically. Without the implant, I took 135 damage. With the implant active with over 100 energy just to be sure max power, I took...128 damage.

There's also an implant that lets you overheal to get temporary extra health that slowly erodes away, very slowly. That seems cool, but testing it, it seemed to add about 120ish temporary health for me max. It costs 7 core power. I can just equip a vital boost implant for the same cost and get 115 constant max health increase, rendering this entirely superfluous. Maybe it's affected by max health but you'd need a hell of a lot of health for this to really be justifiable, and the thing is by then you're probably well into or beyond NG+ and have more core power to accommodate the much costlier implants and would be better off using that slot for boosting your max health even further.

I'm also disappointed at how meh boosting energy a lot turns out being. The healing implant that uses energy is nice, but aside from that, special weapon attacks that use energy are gimmicky, the weapon buffs are short-lived and become increasingly irrelevant as you progress and base power of weapons outpaces what they can offer, drone abilities seem like they're locked in fierce competition to win the award for Most Useless Ability.

User Info: WKgamer29

WKgamer29
3 months ago#4
Have you using that Tmk posted...
Man this game is so boneheadedly balanced it's painful.

There's an implant that raises your defense at high energy. So I tested it with those annoying jumpy robots, their leaping attack specifically. Without the implant, I took 135 damage. With the implant active with over 100 energy just to be sure max power, I took...128 damage.

Have you try testing that implant while wearing the Cerberus Armor set? Cerberus Set gives increase defense while at high energy.
My Youtube channel - Archer Fangs
Come check it out if your interested.
  1. Boards
  2. The Surge
  3. Does anyone know the exact value for implants that affect blocking?
  • Post New Message