• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  3. Few Various Mod Qs, Not Load Order

User Info: Adam_Ocelot

Adam_Ocelot
1 week ago#1
Just some questions:

1) Has anyone been able to leave ‘Marsh Rest’ (Argonian theme player home)? I dig it, but everytime I try to leave, the current pushes me back inside the ‘house’ before I’m able to actually swim away from the entrance. Just curious if this is a mod conflict issue, or ? (I’m not running any ‘water’ mods)

2) I’m running JK’s all-in-one with better city entrances, as well as Hidden Hideouts (City specifically), was curious if these conflict with each other. (((NOTE: I know I can check these myself, but I haven’t found the hidden hideouts aside from the Whiterun one yet, nor do I want to look up where they are. I would like to find them, but... if one of the HH entrances has been covered up by JKs/better entrances changes, I would also like to know that. So... I’m not looking to find out where they are, just if they can still be found.)))

Hey! Thanks
No Crown.
Still King.

Adam_Ocelot
1 week ago#2
3) Is there a way to unlock specific shouts within ‘Cheat Room’? Would like to have fire breath at beginning of game, but don’t want ‘all shouts’...

-or-

is there another mod that would allow this?

Hey! Thanks again
No Crown.
Still King.

User Info: Nepharen

Nepharen
1 week ago#3
Adam_Ocelot posted...
3) Is there a way to unlock specific shouts within ‘Cheat Room’? Would like to have fire breath at beginning of game, but don’t want ‘all shouts’...

-or-

Hey! Thanks again
Never tried it so I don’t know if it’ll break things down the road but you can use the cheat room to unlock all shouts/powers then use another mod “power eraser” to remove unwanted shouts and powers. But you’ll probably have to learn at least one word for each shout to make it equippable so the power eraser spell can work. Again though, not sure if it’ll break quests down the road.

May just be better to get that tcl ring and collect the two words of power the “natural” way by visiting the word walls and using the tcl ring to glitch through the walls so the dungeons remain undisturbed and you don’t inadvertently break the companions quest in dustman’s cairn (you can access the last room by the secret tunnel you use to exit. Do not touch the fragment of wuthraad and do not kill any draugr). Then just add dragon souls via cheat room. You’ll be sol for the third word though since parthy teaches that one.
(edited 1 week ago)

Adam_Ocelot
1 week ago#4
Good idea that, thank you.

((totally forgot that Parthy gives the 3rd word of that shout...))
No Crown.
Still King.

Adam_Ocelot
1 week ago#5
4) Has anyone attempted having just the ‘assets’ mod (1 of 4) of Bruma installed? Curious if the armor/weapon skins would be available without having all 4 mods...

5) Has anyone used the ‘Reading is Good’ mod? If so... when you read a skill book do you get the notification ‘added’ (only) at that time?

~~~~~

In case anyone else is curious, the Hidden Hideout in Solitude IS accessible with JK’s cities mod. So Solitude and Whiterun are fine, will report the others as found.
No Crown.
Still King.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: masterpug53

masterpug53
6 days ago#6
Similar (potential) solution to your Marsh Rest problem: equip the TCL ring before exiting into the overworld, which should prevent you from being affected by the current. You could also try the Apocalypse spell Reyno's Fins to double your swim speed.

And to answer your question about Reading is Good, you only get the 'Added' prompt the first time you read the book, which lets you know it's now affecting your skill increases. No way that I know of to know for sure if the mod is working from the user end, but it sure seems like my skills level faster with the mod active.
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: the_old_days

the_old_days
6 days ago#7
I don’t think the Bruma assets plug-in will work without the companion mods. But if it does, please let me know! Maybe I’ll test it.

I really wish those mods could be compressed down to smaller sizes, they eat up way too much space for me to use them but I do want some of the clothing options that come with the Beyond Bruma mods.

Edit: and a mod just dropped that integrates some of the Bruma assets into Skyrim, but it requires all the Bruma mods as dependencies.
(edited 6 days ago)

Adam_Ocelot
4 days ago#8
Thanks for the ideas masterpug, I feel like the ring option is the best, as I get pushed back into the ‘home’ before the game even registers that I’m holding forward on the stick (honestly, the easiest fix would probably be to have the exterior spawn point shifted a ‘foot’ or so away from the ‘entrance’... but I don’t think this will ever be addressed by the MA as there are comments about the same issue from more than 12 months ago. Oh well). I’m just going to cut my loss though and use other mods.

Good to know that I’m not the only one with the limited notification with ‘Reading...’, I just thought it was a bit odd. I definitely agree that it does seem to be working, but I haven’t really bothered to check it. Honestly, even if it isn’t working, I’d rather lose the bonus completely than have the bonus as the vanilla game is set up... as odd as that may be. If I could pick up books without reading them the whole issue would be moot... but I rarely have followers, and I never go back through dungeons just to grab that one book I left for later.

@the_old_days - Tried having just the first of the Bruma mods enabled, the skins were no longer available for crafting. Oh well.
No Crown.
Still King.
(edited 4 days ago)

Adam_Ocelot
1 day ago#9
And Markarth Hidden Hideouts w/JK’s+Better City Entrances is good, accessible from both sides.

Cannot find the Riften HH (yet), and haven’t been to Windhelm yet, but

Whiterun, Solitude and Markarth are good.
No Crown.
Still King.

User Info: Novus136

Novus136
1 day ago#10
Adam_Ocelot posted...

-or-

Hey! Thanks again

I Know how you feel about having fire breath TC. Any time I tried role playing as a pure fire mage it annoyed me when I had to join the companions just to get the last fire shout word.

Only thing I can think of is use cheat room to set a teleport location at your starting point. Then use the unlock spell to unlock to dungeon that the companions send you to and just run through insta killing all the enemies so you dont get experience. Get the shout at the end and then teleport back to where ever you wanted to start. Like others though idk if this will break the companions quest later or not. I never join thr companions so I dont ever worry about breaking their quest

Edit: i just read the above post where he suggests using the ring that lets you pass through walls. Thats a good suggestion as well.
(edited 1 day ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  3. Few Various Mod Qs, Not Load Order
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers