• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  3. Add Creation Club to Skyrim Switch, Bethesda!

User Info: Zoveb94

Zoveb94
3 years ago#1
If the Creation Club is added on Xbox One & PS4, can't they just add it on switch too?

User Info: mandalore2385

mandalore2385
3 years ago#2
I don't know if the Switch could handle it. They already had to remake the game to get it to play the game.
For Load Order help and general Skyrim talk, join us on the Sons of Skyrim Discord:
http://discord.gg/Yd9bwHU

User Info: Icyblaze13

Icyblaze13
3 years ago#3
The Switch version is Oldrim, not Special Edition, so it isn't compatible with CC.
XBL Gamertag: Icyblaze13
3DS FC: 2449-4807-1969

User Info: StoneRevolver

StoneRevolver
3 years ago#4
Don't endorse or encourage that kind of thing.
Time for some ballistic therapy!
Nobody's perfect, that's why they put erasers on pencils.

User Info: RavensRules69

RavensRules69
3 years ago#5
If the Switch doesn't have to have that s***, why do the other platforms have to?

A better argument.
Not changing this sig until Disney gives us back the Star Wars EU

User Info: Red_Baron07

Red_Baron07
3 years ago#6
RavensRules69 posted...
If the Switch doesn't have to have that s***, why do the other platforms have to?

A better argument.

x3

Why would you ASK for microtransactions
Complacency kills. Get off your ass, get the job done and quit complaining. Do PT. Nuff said.

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
3 years ago#7
RavensRules69 posted...

A better argument.
Straight up sewaside

User Info: 0UT0FTH3G4M3R

0UT0FTH3G4M3R
3 years ago#8
Icyblaze13 posted...
The Switch version is Oldrim, not Special Edition, so it isn't compatible with CC.

They advertise it as the SE version. And as far as I know, it has the SE changes; like the torturer's hood, etc.

In reality, its actually somewhere in-between LE and SE. It doesn't quite have all the graphical improvements of the Ps4 and Xb1 versions. So, it could probably handle CC mods, but probably not most free mods that alter the game more.

But what it really comes down to is Nintendo not wanting free mods or CC content. Similar to how sony limits free mods to no external assets and less gb of capacity; Nintendo is just worse. I'm sure bethesda would be happy to offer everything the xbox version has to nintendo players... if Nintendo wanted to "risk" it.
The petty squabbles of lesser men and the common rabble are of no greater concern to my grand design.

User Info: mandalore2385

mandalore2385
3 years ago#9
If i was on the Switch, I would love the chance to use CC content. Same for PS4. Especially now that I've seen what is available on Xbox One. If you don't want it you don't have to use it but harassing those that do serves no purpose.
For Load Order help and general Skyrim talk, join us on the Sons of Skyrim Discord:
http://discord.gg/Yd9bwHU

User Info: Red_Baron07

Red_Baron07
3 years ago#10
mandalore2385 posted...
If i was on the Switch, I would love the chance to use CC content. Same for PS4. Especially now that I've seen what is available on Xbox One. If you don't want it you don't have to use it but harassing those that do serves no purpose.

Except that the CC content hurts everyone.

A) the CC patches wreak havoc on a lot of people's LOs regardless of if you even buy the content or not
B) people buying CC content furthers Bethesda's belief that microtransactions will be successful, which puts future titles in danger of being microtransaction systems instead of what we've had. Idk bout you but i don't like paying $60 for a game and then being nickel and dimed for future content.
C) if CC is shown successful theres a solid chance ALL mods will be locked behind a pay wall in future titles.
D) microtransactions that hide their true cost behind a fake currency are predatory, and are specifically designed to feed off those with gambling addictions and impulse control issues.
E) it stiffles creativity. If a MA makes a free mod too similar to a CC creation that mod is taken down by Bethesda. It shirks MAs in favor of pushing its own paid mods.
Complacency kills. Get off your ass, get the job done and quit complaining. Do PT. Nuff said.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  3. Add Creation Club to Skyrim Switch, Bethesda!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A