• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  3. Phendrix still the best magic mod?
zero88 4 years ago#1
I'm just coming back to this game after a few months, and I'm guessing I've missed a lot of new mods in that time. I remember using magic evolved I think it was called?

Are there any better ones out there?

Thanks
Do as I say, not as I do.
RavensRules69 4 years ago#2
That combined with Ordinator's perk overhaul make one hell of a combo, imo. Definitely the best as far as I'm concerned.

Phenderix also combined his magic mod with his Arcane Archery mod into one big thing called "Phenderix Magic World", but it also adds a bunch of other locations/items, plus some Harry Potter themed places/characters that were just.....weird, I guess. Still works well by itself though.
Not changing this sig until Disney gives us back the Star Wars EU
zero88 4 years ago#3
I see, thanks alot! Will have a proper look tonight when I get on, but will definitely try the two together
jordoneus121 4 years ago#4
Apocalypse is an awesome spell mod. Same guy that makes ordinator. Very well done mod.
"One of my hardest parts of my job is to console family members who have lost their lives" - George Bush
Gamertag: jordoneus121
Darksteel 4 years ago#5
Apocolypse >>>> Phenderix IMO
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
masterpug53 4 years ago#6
I can't fathom why people don't use both Phenderix and Apocalypse at once. They go together swimmingly. I couldn't even tell you which mod adds which spell, since I've never used them separately.
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
https://imgur.com/eW67nT8 - Artwork by Wii_Shaker
SammichTime 4 years ago#7
masterpug53 posted...
I can't fathom why people don't use both Phenderix and Apocalypse at once. They go together swimmingly. I couldn't even tell you which mod adds which spell, since I've never used them separately.

This
Giving my two cents at half price
ilikepizza76 4 years ago#8
I think it is. I tried both Apocalypse and Phenderix and I thought magic evolved was better.
Name: Zack
#76 M-Town Dragons
zero88 4 years ago#9
Ahh I remember seeing apocalypse but thought id try the magic evolved one first. Had a look on the nexus website and it looks great lol thanks alot!
masterpug53 4 years ago#10
The major difference between the two is that the MA of Apocalypse (same guy who does Ordinator, Smilodon, Summermyst, etc) is obsessed with game balance, occasionally to a fault. Phenderix is much more freeform, which occasionally leads to OP spells that can break the game, such as the expert-level 'blast' destruction spells and the wind-force blast spell that is essentially a cheap and insta-repeating Unrelenting Force.

But to reiterate...USE. THEM. BOTH. Skip out on Phenderix, and you're missing out on a huge list of summonable creature and enemy spells, very effective basic combat magic (as well as offensive spells in both Illusion and Restoration classes), and general tweaks and pseudo-cheats like changing actor size and fortifying skills. Skip out on Apocalypse, and you're robbing yourself of unique summons and some very innovative tactical offensive and support magic that can quite satisfyingly obliterate your enemies once you get the hang of not only their individual effects, but how best to combine them.
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
https://imgur.com/eW67nT8 - Artwork by Wii_Shaker
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  3. Phendrix still the best magic mod?
  • Topic Archived