• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  3. Hmm should I level smithing to 100 the hard way, or use the cheat menu...

User Info: Vermander

Vermander
1 year ago#1
When I played Skyrim years ago they didn't have the patch that made smithing stupidly hard, and I have limited play time.
3DS FC: 4312 - 9992 - 0441

User Info: gunther483

gunther483
1 year ago#2
IMO if you've played through the game once leveling the intended way, then you might as well "cheat" for other play through's instead of grinding levels. There's so much more to the game to focus on besides grinding to raise your skills.
I'm too lazy to come up with a signature.

Vermander
1 year ago#3
gunther483 posted...
IMO if you've played through the game once leveling the intended way, then you might as well "cheat" for other play through's instead of grinding levels. There's so much more to the game to focus on besides grinding to raise your skills.

I mean it five times on vanilla before there were even mods and maxed all three Alchemy, Enchanting, and Smithing

User Info: MeTeReD

MeTeReD
1 year ago#4
If you don't want to feel like you are completely cheating but kind of just "rushing" it, try these mods:

- Gold Spell
https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/3095469

- Unlimited Training
https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/3078587

Then go spend all that gold with the Blacksmith in the Companions Forge. Enjoy!
My motto: "Do whatever floats your boat as long as it doesn't sink mine."

User Info: Hatevolved

Hatevolved
1 year ago#5
I know people love mods but what happened doing things the pain in the butt old fashioned way. Just grind it out it.
"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"--Myn Donos, Wraith Three

User Info: a1gundam

a1gundam
1 year ago#6
Hatevolved posted...
I know people love mods but what happened doing things the pain in the butt old fashioned way. Just grind it out it.

Done it before and don't need to do it again.

Vermander
1 year ago#7
a1gundam posted...
Hatevolved posted...

Done it before and don't need to do it again.

User Info: 0UT0FTH3G4M3R

0UT0FTH3G4M3R
1 year ago#8
I use the cheat room mod and i figured out that if i wear the amulet of crafting from the gifts of akatosh mod (+400 points to smithing) ad press the button in the cheat room for +1 to smithing, it gives me 430 points!!

Talk about quick skill levelling!!
The petty squabbles of lesser men and the common rabble are of no greater concern to my grand design.

User Info: MeTeReD

MeTeReD
1 year ago#9
Hatevolved posted...

No, please. Not again!!! Many of us have been there and done that many times. Is our time to use mods to play the game and not spend hours grinding a skill.
My motto: "Do whatever floats your boat as long as it doesn't sink mine."

User Info: CaptainMudcrab

CaptainMudcrab
1 year ago#10
There's a ton of mods that make smithing fun. Ars Metallica comes to mind. Wonderful mod.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  3. Hmm should I level smithing to 100 the hard way, or use the cheat menu...
  • Topic Archived